Auto Theft In Los: How Frequent, What Areas And Vehicles < Thb 2Mill Are Most Targetedr

About everywhere from what I heard from an Isuzu dealer, the V-Cross 4wd is very popular among thieves and gets shipped off to Cambodia.

Obviously, it does nother help that that pickup, besides being cool, has no stock alarm system whatsoever. In Europe, almost no car is sold without an alarm (for whatever good that may be - sophisticated thieves will always get around any system).

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

used to be the fortuner to cambodia. why do you want to know OP? which locations? surely you can check with jorsor100 radio station guys or just leave your new captiva parked around various b grade shopping malls and wait.

About everywhere from what I heard from an Isuzu dealer, the V-Cross 4wd is very popular among thieves and gets shipped off to Cambodia.

Obviously, it does nother help that that pickup, besides being cool, has no stock alarm system whatsoever. In Europe, almost no car is sold without an alarm (for whatever good that may be - sophisticated thieves will always get around any system).

That car is too fresh on the market to be able to make claims like that. He is just wanting to sell you some add ons (or get commissions from his friend for that).

That car is too fresh on the market to be able to make claims like that. He is just wanting to sell you some add ons (or get commissions from his friend for that).

I do not think so. He reviewed all the different alarm systems and concluded that the best way was what he did: asking the taxi bikers to check for any suspicious activity around his house. >_>

....why do you want to know OP? Which locations? Surely you can check with jorsor100 radio station guys or just leave your new captiva parked around various b grade shopping malls and wait.

Being a new car owner, nothing over-the-top, just a Mu7, I am trying to get the 'lay of the land' about the auto-theft environment here in LOS, generally, from my fellow seasoned ex-pats' experience and knowledge......ie., like someone taking their family, for the first time, to the big cities in the states and wanting a heads-up on which areas are to be avoided and what to look out for, etc.

So far, I have learned that new cars don't come with stock alarm systems - will be having one installed soon - and that wheel locks aren't generally sold here(?) because wheel/tire theft isn't a common occurrence(?) and to be more careful in 'grade b' shopping areas??

....why do you want to know OP? Which locations? Surely you can check with jorsor100 radio station guys or just leave your new captiva parked around various b grade shopping malls and wait.

Being a new car owner, nothing over-the-top, just a Mu7, I am trying to get the 'lay of the land' about the auto-theft environment here in LOS,

So far, I have learned that new cars don't come with stock alarm systems -

You can buy Trucks and cars in Thailand that have OEM alarm systems.

The OEM alarm systems have hindered car thief a lot but if they want it they will take it but with OEM system they will have to lift the vehicle onto a lowloader.

Edited by Kwasaki

Being a new car owner, nothing over-the-top, just a Mu7, I am trying to get the 'lay of the land' about the auto-theft environment here in LOS, generally, from my fellow seasoned ex-pats' experience and knowledge......ie., like someone taking their family, for the first time, to the big cities in the states and wanting a heads-up on which areas are to be avoided and what to look out for, etc.

So far, I have learned that new cars don't come with stock alarm systems - will be having one installed soon - and that wheel locks aren't generally sold here(?) because wheel/tire theft isn't a common occurrence(?) and to be more careful in 'grade b' shopping areas??

My MU7 came with an alarm (not sure what model but see a lot of cars with the same flashing blue light on top of dash) and free 3in1 pedals and spare tyre lock - also my speedway ecu convertor can act as another immobiliser.

Copy the 2nd image and speak with your dealer Thailot.

AKL001.jpg

CCI02192012_00000.jpg

My new BT50 pro has standard OEM car alarm with interior radar detection . So they do make cars in Thailand with OEM car alarm on board .

There are plenty of aftermarket car alarms available . Car alarms are the single safest system , but together with one or 2 locks it get's harder and harder to steal . If you do not have anything , take any kind of lock , if you want to do something cheap .

My MU7 came with an alarm (not sure what model but see a lot of cars with the same flashing blue light on top of dash) and free 3in1 pedals and spare tyre lock - also my speedway ecu convertor can act as another immobiliser.

Copy the 2nd image and speak with your dealer Thailot.

Than-n-n-nk you once again!

Was just about out the door to look for an auto alarm installer when I read your post......coffee1.gif .....so that's what that blinking red light is that is on the dash - it doesn't make any beeping sounds so I didn't think it was an alarm - I thought it was just the remote door opener..... whistling.gif

The 3-in-1 lock isn't installed, so I will lock into that......must find out how to get an English language version of the owners manual. hasn't helped so far..Isuzu customer service!!!

Was just about out the door to look for an auto alarm installer when I read your post......coffee1.gif .....so that's what that blinking red light is that is on the dash - it doesn't make any beeping sounds so I didn't think it was an alarm - I thought it was just the remote door opener..... whistling.gif

The 3-in-1 lock isn't installed, so I will lock into that......must find out how to get an English language version of the owners manual. hasn't helped so far..Isuzu customer service!!!

keep bugging them to order it or they won't...

......must find out how to get an English language version of the owners manual. hasn't helped so far..Isuzu customer service!!!

keep bugging them to order it or they won't...

Another 'Thanks to you' because that is exactly what I discovered today!