Progress

BOBBYTIN

we have a guesthouse in khao lak. There is a beautiful view of the mountains behind us which is great for customers.There is a 1/2 rai of land behind me that has just been sold to an investor. today he has informed us he is building a 3 storey block on the site.his boundary is 2 feet behind us. they literally plan to put this building outside our windows.i am not a nimby,but,is there a law on how close and are there any restrictions. does anyone know a lawyer that deals with this sort of issue. thank you.

A permanent structure must be built at least one metre away from the land boundary.

Sorry, doesn't help you, but, that is the law. I believe that a wall does not come under the classification of a permanent structure.

i think the structure itself will make it possible to shake hands through he window. i am shocked,i thought with it being such a small patch of land it would not be used for something like this

A permanent structure must be built at least one metre away from the land boundary.

Sorry, doesn't help you, but, that is the law. I believe that a wall does not come under the classification of a permanent structure.

i think the structure itself will make it possible to shake hands through he window. i am shocked,i thought with it being such a small patch of land it would not be used for something like this

I guess this means your permanent structure is within 1 meter from the boundery?

Be glad it's not a pig farm or tannery.

A one meter building setback is pretty common worldwide, even in a nanny state you would have a hard time protecting your view.

Being such a small piece of land with such a nice view you should have bought or leased it.

^

Yup, just Googled and that does seem to be the regulation, though, if it is a three to four storey structure, then three metres from the boundary is necessary.

haha,i have googled for 2 hours,where did you find that. i hope that is true,it narrows the piece this investor has bought. thank you for taking the time.

Be glad it's not a pig farm or tannery.

A one meter building setback is pretty common worldwide, even in a nanny state you would have a hard time protecting your view.

Being such a small piece of land with such a nice view you should have bought or leased it.

honestly,i thought naively , that 3.2 million baht for 1/2 no one would touch it. bigger fool me.but yes,with hindsight,i should have.

^

Yup, just Googled and that does seem to be the regulation, though, if it is a three to four storey structure, then three metres from the boundary is necessary.

haha,i have googled for 2 hours,where did you find that. i hope that is true,it narrows the piece this investor has bought. thank you for taking the time.

Here you go. Scroll down to "Housing regulations".

http://www.asiatradi...com/lawfaqs.htm

^

haha,i have googled for 2 hours,where did you find that. i hope that is true,it narrows the piece this indian investor has bought. thank you for taking the time.

Here you go. Scroll down to "Housing regulations".

http://www.asiatradi...com/lawfaqs.htm

thank you once again.

Work on the multi-story building in Kata near the temple was halted over a year ago when people complained about it spoiling their view.

joe, do you know exactly where this was,and who objected.i would like to go and find out who took their case. had the guy in,he seems ok,he is from patong,shrugged of any talk of the law. and just said its his land. i would like to follow this through

You dont buy the view when you buy land; you just buy the land.

Want to keep the view then offer him 5M and hope he flips it to you. Dont want to stump up the cash and if the view is part of your business then get it on the market quick smart.

Edited by hagler

Work on the multi-story building in Kata near the temple was halted over a year ago when people complained about it spoiling their view.

joe, do you know exactly where this was,and who objected.i would like to go and find out who took their case. had the guy in,he seems ok,he is from patong,shrugged of any talk of the law. and just said its his land. i would like to follow this through

Just drive over the hill from Chalong and you can't miss it.

The locals objected

If it's any condolence to you, I know of a hotel in Karon built on the hill that had great ocean views, then a few years later a new condo/hotel built right below him and blocked the view from almost every floor. I'm sure the owner didn't think that someone below him could build almost as high and block his view, but they did, so now guests get to stare at an ugly building in front of them.

http://www.phuketgaz...rticle9682.html

think Joe is talking about this case. News article is almost 2 years old and construction never ever re-started. Although news story implies the developer agreed to 5 floor limit I heard that that the developer is taking Karon tesibaan to court for withrawing agreed planning permission for 7 floor building. Now we are left with an uncompleted eyesore.

http://www.phuketgaz...rticle9682.html

think Joe is talking about this case. News article is almost 2 years old and construction never ever re-started. Although news story implies the developer agreed to 5 floor limit I heard that that the developer is taking Karon tesibaan to court for withrawing agreed planning permission for 7 floor building. Now we are left with an uncompleted eyesore.

thank you.

I wish you the best of luck, but I think you will be in for a lot of frustration, animosity, expense and grief.

I would also suggest you be very careful not to "fall" off your balcony, or "slip over" onto a rock, or be so depressed about this issue that you put a plastic bag over your head and suffocate yourself, or hang yourself from a door knob, or stab yourself in the chest - if you know what I mean.

Edited by NamKangMan

You're wasting your time and making an enemy of the neighbour.

Kata had hundreds of protesters from the local community and we know mob rule works.

Round up the local farmers and march on the site. Just hope it isn't someone influential.

it is.

^

haha,i have googled for 2 hours,where did you find that. i hope that is true,it narrows the piece this indian investor has bought. thank you for taking the time.

Make damned sure your local orborjor knows YOU know this and keep an eye on the construction. Not only bribes paid, but oftentimes the obj are too idle to get their asses round to check the construction until it's too late. Thus massive half built villa sitting at the end of my soi, uncompleted because the local obj too idle to check it's been built right across a proposed highway. And who pays for the demolition ? It's been there for three years already. Freaking eyesore.

You're wasting your time and making an enemy of the neighbour.

Kata had hundreds of protesters from the local community and we know mob rule works.

Round up the local farmers and march on the site. Just hope it isn't someone influential.

it is.

Doesn't matter. The Law applies anyway. Look at all the 'influential people' being ordered Under The Law to remove their illegally built structures. Don't roll over. Go to the obj.