Ha Ha.. Chiang Mai City Life On Breakfasts..

WinnieTheKhwai

O dear...

Nah, all the talk will be about how awesome the breakfast in the picture looks. I specifically included it in a later edit to deflect some attention and brighten everyone's spirits. So no worries. wink.png

So ehm.. Where IS the place serving the pictured breakfast? I'd like to know please, it's poetry on a plate. thumbsup.gif

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 2

O dear...

Nah, all the talk will be about how awesome the breakfast in the picture looks. I specifically included it in a later edit to deflect some attention and brighten everyone's spirits. So no worries. wink.png

So ehm.. Where IS the place serving the pictured breakfast? I'd like to know please, it's poetry on a plate. thumbsup.gif

I must agree Winnie...that breakfast looks dam_n fine...even at 6pm.

O dear...

Yeah, most of the bloggers on there, with the exception of Jessada and Sun, spout worthless drivel sprinkled with foul language. "Dying Animal" and "Tom Clegg" are nothing more than verbal diarrhea in a blog format.

Not sure what the Chiang Mai New's blogger / social media policy is, but judging by the content being generated, it definitely needs to be seriously reevaluated.

I highly doubt that phrases such as "they'd he happy at the prospect of eating a kilo of shit" are the real basis on how Chiang Mai Citylife would like their public persona defined.

I would also note that there is no standard disclaimer displayed on the blogs (i.e. "The views and opinions expressed here do not represent that of Chiang Mai News.....") , nor is there a "report" function. A report function should be necessary as surely these postings are not currently undergoing any sort of reviewal process before being posted.

-Mestizo

Edited by Mestizo

O dear...

I must agree Winnie...that breakfast looks dam_n fine...even at 6pm.

Try Pun Pun on the river.

In all seriousness there was a huge mistake in the article. It said speeches could be written on Bacon. It is so good to fully cover it you would need a book.

Just checked the whole article. The title is

Foodies of the World Disunited...in Chiang Mai

Edited by hellodolly

After that publicity guys, you need to up your game on gastronomy reporting,you are under scrutiny now.

We are likely to have many more TV members now wanting to get in on the act.

what do they say about bad publicity.....its good publicity.

But as a complete neutral on foody stuff, I have to say their report was.....pretty accurate, cynical maybe but....actually I agree with them,..........its all done in the best por-sible taste

I liked the description of the typical Thai breakfast. Also the irony wasn't lost on me that the article ranted against people complaining about food, but immediately prior it included a complaint against the average 'American Breakfast' at average Thai hotels. That part really was spot on.

...So ehm.. Where IS the place serving the pictured breakfast? I'd like to know please, it's poetry on a plate. thumbsup.gif

If that breakfast plate had been photographed in a Chiang Mai restaurant if should be relatively easy to identify the place based on the table, the china, and the cutlery.

post-21260-0-08188000-1345474690.jpg post-21260-0-29769200-1345474732.jpg post-21260-0-26226200-1345474745.jpg

Sadly, though, the picture appears to have been copied from another blog, unkindly reproduced without citation of the source:

http://www.google.com/imgres?num=10&hl=en&biw=1280&bih=704&tbm=isch&tbnid=SaGLAZYhkgTHhM:&imgrefurl=http://mysweettooth.blogspot.com/2012/04/english-breakfast.html&docid=wx_-SEYyOahDzM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7mdyaBs2ang/T3kQ8fekI4I/AAAAAAAAHV0/MOTbPIC-YZ4/s1600/english-breakfast-blackpudding.jpg&w=1280&h=960&ei=W1EyUOWBJa714QSp7oHwDg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=597&vpy=191&dur=428&hovh=194&hovw=260&tx=174&ty=107&sig=107250941865502646377&page=1&tbnh=146&tbnw=196&start=0&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:119

Sorry to disappoint you, Winnie.

I find it funny that most of serious breaky talk is from Brits expounding endlessly about "proper" rashers of bacon, lashings of butter, various nasty puddings etc. and the example (description of pun pun breakfst) used to illustrate the blog is an american (sort of) breakfast.

Edited by daoyai

Throw away the beans and that black crap and add some grits, bacon and a couple of good biscuits and that breakfast would be to kill for. For the life of me I can not understand why people eat beans for breakfast. Good with BBQ pork or chicken.

Hevos rancheros, now thats how to eat beans for breakfast.

I've tried twice to open the link in the OP's post only to find it either takes forever (and never opens) or the various malware services Hubby installed on the computer are barfing all over it.

Judging by other's comments, I think the malware software just read the article.

When the author of that blog post says «What I saw on Facebook today: “Best Breakfast in Chiang Mai”», does he mean he simply copied that photo and text from a Facebook page? To me, it sounds like that.

I've tried twice to open the link in the OP's post only to find it either takes forever (and never opens)...

Took about 20 minutes to open on my computer, and I have a fast Internet connection. I doubt they have many readers like that.

...For the life of me I can not understand why people eat beans for breakfast. Good with BBQ pork or chicken.

Baked beans on toast, but on a separate plate, a separate course, not ladled onto the plate with all that other stuff. Aside from that, where are the kidneys and kippers? Again, not everything heaped onto one plate.

Mestizo - you're right about some of the blogs, although I concur with a lot of Dying Animal's observations about Chiang Mai (the profanity is unnecessary at times) and as a golfer I can relate to the golf blog.

If you have any complaints, why don't you leave a comment on the blog? It will be more effective than criticizing on TV.

There is sufficient truth in the blog, I believe, for it to qualify as a superior form of Thai Visa submission, had it appeared here first. It is exaggerated of course, but amusing.

The description of the disappointing and infamous Thai ill-copied b'fast, yes, is nearly as precise as it is humorous. But there are also sentences and phrases within other parts of the blog (not, obviously, an article) that are amusing to read - even more fun to write, probably.

And if some of us were stung by accusations of being overweight, sexist (in two ways), lonely, or merely ignorant bottom-feeders, so what? When it comes to food, we're long past having been very serious for very long in these threads. Perhaps we're all a bit tender when we admit to ourselves our appreciation, not to say love, for food that is gross? I is, and I'm gonna get some greasy fattening chow now!

Edited by CMX
  • Like 1

The forum Thaivisa, where it seems some of the world's most avid foodies spend all their time bitching and moaning, and naturally extolling the merits of the places they like, or that are owned by someone in their rather tetchy online coterie.

I object to this description, as I myself do sometimes take time away from TV, to check my latest emails, or go to the bathroom ! wink.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

The forum Thaivisa, where it seems some of the world's most avid foodies spend all their time bitching and moaning, and naturally extolling the merits of the places they like, or that are owned by someone in their rather tetchy online coterie.

I object to this description, as I myself do sometimes take time away from TV, to check my latest emails, or go to the bathroom ! wink.pnglaugh.png

I also take time to have a shower and brush my teeth and if I am not planing on going out to find a restaurant to Idolize or criticize I will take a little time out to make a sandwich.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for all having a sense of humour! Our bloggers are quite contentious. Well, some, but I do think that blogging can push the envelope a bit more. Tom Clegg's one, while riddled with rude words, i do find funny. We will keep them coming and hope not to piss off too many people. Though no promises for Dying Animal, he is outside my control!

• Like 1