Buying Airline Ticket In Bkk For Someone In Another Country

homeseeker

I had to do this 2 years ago.

I dealt direct with the airline and paid by my credit card, and the arrangement was for the ticket to be picked up at the airline airport desk...no problems. They needed the passport details of the traveler and for the passport to be inspected at the airport desk.

quote:I had to do this 2 years ago.

for the ticket to be picked up at the airline airport desk:

Which seems nonsense to me- tickets as such have been abolished since over 2 yrs now. Though I am aware many people still seem to believe they have to have some printed things.

As for the Q: varies with airline etc-what someone tells you ''it can'' it may be can do on airline 2-or not. There may or may not be extra charges-as fares from Uk tend to be much lower as ex-TH nowadays.

Check the booking details with the airline of your choice as an example Eva Air allows you to use your credit card and you simply go to the ticket office in Bangkok and fill out a form.

"You are required to present the credit card used to purchase the ticket during check-in at the airport. For identification at the check-in counter, you must use a credit card with the card number and name stamped into it. You are required to input your first name and last name exactly as displayed on the credit card. Passengers who fail to do so will be denied boarding unless they purchase a full-fare ticket at the airport ticket counter. If you will not be among the traveling party, you must go to your nearest EVA Air office during business hours and at least 48 hours before the passenger's scheduled departure. You must bring your credit card and sign an Indemnity of Payment form