Finest Restaurants In Pattaya And Jomtien

thaimat

yes they have a restaurant inside central and another one at the Theprasit intersection, I heard it's really good but way to expensive for me

My view of Pan Pan is that is an old restaurant (Jomtien) and back in the day it may have been among the best in town but their food was and is rather middlebrow and nothing to write home about, and now there are better places for similar prices. I don't think it is massively expensive and certainly nowhere near the most expensive Italian places in town. I think their desserts are a feature. Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes they have a restaurant inside central and another one at the Theprasit intersection, I heard it's really good but way to expensive for me

My view of Pan Pan is that is an old restaurant (Jomtien) and back in the day it may have been among the best in town but their food was and is rather middlebrow and nothing to write home about, and now there are better places for similar prices. I don't think it is massively expensive and certainly nowhere near the most expensive Italian places in town. I think their desserts are a feature.

Agree, and certainly not fine dining and no need to discuss in this thread.

]....only cheap charlies, people with no real haute cuisine experience, or idiots, considers them fine dining...Show a bit of class!.... you have no right to comment on that.....[/b]

Do I detect more than a little touch of hubris from the OP?

A little humility and and a greater tolerance of other residents in 'Sin City' who may have different eating priorities may not go amiss, and would make the thread this much more enjoyable and interesting.

Arrogance only diminishes wisdom...smile.png

He he he - he smokes cigar's you know !

i too smoke cigars. the taste buds and sense of smell of us cigar smokers have developed that unique ability to pinpoint the freshness of a tandoori fish down to ±30 minutes. sometimes we are even asked by coroners to attend an autopsy to verify the time of death by sniffing laugh.png

joke aside... being a Pattaya resident for nearly eight years and having visited Pattaya numerous times before i became a resident i have dined of course in all "fine" restaurants listed in this thread and several more at least once. here my two Satangs:

-the quality of service was most of the time impeccable in all restaurants.

-ambiente is a matter of personal perception. don't know any restaurant in Jomtien which matches my personal demand of ambiente.

-the afore-mentioned applies (once in a while exceptions did and do prove the rule) for the food too.

-i don't care whether a "fine" restaurant stocks 1,000, 5,000 or 10,000 bottles of extremely overpriced wines (Thai import duties taken into consideration). and i don't care whether it is stocked in cellar or cooler as long as it is served within an appropriate temperature range which anyway varies widely between pouring and drinking.

summary (personal view) on fine wining and dining in Pattaya = coffee1.gif

signed:

Naam (50% gourmet, 50% gourmand)

I enjoy Mata Hari for a treat. Hilton Buffet is top value.

I want to plug Valentinos again - seriously nobody out there tried this place?? Near Foodland. He's been there years and it's pretty good IMO.

Hi Yes, I went there very recently.I thought it was the best Italian food in Pattaya of the places I`ve tried.A mistake made on the order, genuine mis understanding I think and no harm done.Food and setting excellent.

Based on your post I went last night - excellent! Nice food, good service, good value, nice setting and parking too.

^

Phew!! Glad you enjoyed it as it's been a while since I've been there myself. My folks went there around last New Year and I think among the dishes they had was the mixed Pizza, some pasta and a salad. They said it was fantastic and couldn't understand how he could serve such good food at such reasonable prices.

I think the owner does a good job and makes you feel welcome. It's also a handy place to order some take away pizzas while you are getting your shopping done in Foodland.

• Like 1

And then there's a French restaurant in Naklua, called wandee (good day), which serves good food in clean environment with reasonable prices. Expect it to be packed with the smart casual Thais. I liked the Escargot there and proceeded to have an extended dinner which was all very tasty. Tab for 2 adults & 2kids came to about 3tbaht. I think I'll make a visit again soon, their menu is a huge brick. Be warned the parking there sucks.

A fine hidden gem. A bit rustic compared to the heavy hitters listed here, but excellent value, food, & service. Beware the parking as noted.

^

Phew!! Glad you enjoyed it as it's been a while since I've been there myself. My folks went there around last New Year and I think among the dishes they had was the mixed Pizza, some pasta and a salad. They said it was fantastic and couldn't understand how he could serve such good food at such reasonable prices.

I think the owner does a good job and makes you feel welcome. It's also a handy place to order some take away pizzas while you are getting your shopping done in Foodland.

It's on the top of my list for my next meal out in pattaya. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Edited by Jayman

My favourite in Pattaya is Mantra.

There's a new French place called La Ferme in the Woodlands resort on Naklua Rd. Decor looks good from the outside when I passed by, so I will try it one day.

My friends and I were disappointed with La Ferme after reading a very positive review in one of local rags. I will say the decor is certainly different.

Volterra serves basic, usually good food, is difficult to find. This restaurant has a nice website which can be misleading in that this place is definitely not fine dining. With all the Italian eateries in town this restaurant does not merit a special trip but would be on my goto list if I was staying in that neighborhood.

Volterra serves basic, usually good food, is difficult to find. This restaurant has a nice website which can be misleading in that this place is definitely not fine dining. With all the Italian eateries in town this restaurant does not merit a special trip but would be on my goto list if I was staying in that neighborhood.

Valentinos is not fine dining either. I would actually make a special trip to Volterra if seeking Tuscan specialties like wild boar with pasta. I agree it is hard to find for those not familiar with the area. Edited by Jingthing

last sat me and a mate went to Cherry's 3rd rd opposite where x-zite night spot used to be.

International buffet 350 baht , enormous choices of starters , mains and desserts and if there is a better one in town for that price lets hear about it

they have it wed and sat and other specials on different nights.

as we left i did a quick head count of 60 + covers at 20 20 hrs , which speaks for itself in low season.

i am one fussy git when it comes to food and i couldn't fault it.

the bill for 2 was 935..........350 x 2, two tiger x 100 one soda x 35, for what we had great value (i would have had a 3rd tiger but my mate was picking up the bill and i didn't want to give him a heart attack)

Edited by striderman

last sat me and a mate went to Cherry's 3rd rd opposite where x-zite night spot used to be.

International buffet 350 baht , enormous choices of starters , mains and desserts and if there is a better one in town for that price lets hear about it

they have it wed and sat and other specials on different nights.

as we left i did a quick head count of 60 + covers at 20 20 hrs , which speaks for itself in low season.

i am one fussy git when it comes to food and i couldn't fault it.

the bill for 2 was 935..........350 x 2, two tiger x 100 one soda x 35, for what we had great value (i would have had a 3rd tiger but my mate was picking up the bill and i didn't want to give him a heart attack)

I love Cherry's, a great value but not fine dining.

• Like 1

I used to be a regular at Valentinos but I really don't think it is better than a place like Volterra, and somewhat higher prices as well.

Hi

Has Volterra got an outside dining area ?

if so, would there be a lot of traffic noise ?

I`ve never been and do not know that area, might consider a visit.

Thanks.smile.png

I used to be a regular at Valentinos but I really don't think it is better than a place like Volterra, and somewhat higher prices as well.

Hi

Has Volterra got an outside dining area ?

if so, would there be a lot of traffic noise ?

I`ve never been and do not know that area, might consider a visit.

Thanks.smile.png

They have a few tables outside. It is in quiet soi. Not really charming so I would suggest siting inside with the A/C.
  • Like 1

Went to Cuccina Toscana at the OP's recommendation. This is a huge traditional Italian restaurant that have I passed many times over the years but never dined. Definitely one of the larger restaurants in Pattaya and certainly the largest Italian. Large inside dining area and even larger outside area. Tuscan decor, table linens and napkins but not all that pricey. My friends had the pizza and one said it was the best in Pattaya. I had lasagna which I enjoyed. They have a wine room with an enormous selection. This is a big time operation with many waiters and staff and the place is certainly not cozy which some may say is a negative. The service was very good but sloooow. The location for me personally is not good so I will not back be often. But overall, it is two thumbs up for the Cuccina Toscana.

Went to Cuccina Toscana at the OP's recommendation. This is a huge traditional Italian restaurant that have I passed many times over the years but never dined. Definitely one of the larger restaurants in Pattaya and certainly the largest Italian. Large inside dining area and even larger outside area. Tuscan decor, table linens and napkins but not all that pricey. My friends had the pizza and one said it was the best in Pattaya. I had lasagna which I enjoyed. They have a wine room with an enormous selection. This is a big time operation with many waiters and staff and the place is certainly not cozy which some may say is a negative. The service was very good but sloooow. The location for me personally is not good so I will not back be often. But overall, it is two thumbs up for the Cuccina Toscana.

Can you add a google maps pointer to this restaurant?

Can you add a google maps pointer to this restaurant?

Beach Road, 50m South of Soi 6/1. Sorry, wouldn't know a google pointer thing if you poked me in he eye with it!

Went to the newly opened pan pan near the ambassidor, 3500 for a bottle of wine 2 starters 2 mains and 2 deserts. Quality - very average.

Went to La Bocca the very next night. Anti pasto starter along with the fresh breads and little nibbles that they give you for free, 2 mains 2 deserts 1 bottle of wine £2500. Quality so much better, wine so much better infact everything was better. Will not be using a chain ever again for italian food. La Bocca and Toscana pizzeria on beach road probably the best 2 I have had in pattaya.

One place how could I forget, definitely one to take the wife or girlfriend. Cabbages and condoms, just the walk alone to the restaurant is memorable. The food is top quality.

Only been there once and really enjoyed it also, got a seat right by the beach. Different, you kinda forget you're in Pattaya.

Ambience is great, I guess we where unlucky when it came to the food.

Got one of Centara's promotions in my email again, it's here: http://www.centaraho...undyWineDinner/

I think that qualifies as fine dining ? Never been there, so can't say. It's 3k++(17% tax&service, right?)/head.

EDIT: that one seems to be BKK only if I read right, some have been in Pattaya.

Edited by DrTuner