Bmw To Use Thailand As Manufacturing Base For Big Bikes

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everybody dreaming about BMW going to manufacture motorcycles in Thailand, you can stop dreaming. Today BMW signed an agreement with TVS Motor Company from India and they will start the development and produce motorcycles in the segment below 500cc in Chennai, India.

The motorcycles will be distributed worldwide so it's likely we will get them also.... but not made in Thailand....

Screw that man.

Bad news really. India of course offers cheap labour, costs and quality much better than China but not better than Thailand.

Then maybe bmw produce bikes bigger than 500 cc in thailand?laugh.png

You have to consider the source of this information. Take with a pinch of salt.

Google's your friend. I don't believe anything Mr. Richard says - nothing personal, just past performance.

But this one seems to be - well if not outright true, at least based on facts: BMW will produce in India.

http://www.autocarindia.com/News/339080,bmw-motorrad-signs-partnership-with-tvs.aspx

I do want to point out what it doesn't mean though: It does NOT say anything about Thailand. Whether or not any BMW bikes will be made here is not mentioned.

IMO a good chance they'll stick to India initially for this brand new segment though.

Actually I was referring to the "we will likely get them also" part of the post rather than bit about the bikes being manufactured in India... Maybe we will get them, maybe we won't.

Edited by JonnyF