Report From Phang Nga Immigration

bobobo

Hallo BM:s

I made my first 90-check today (I have an O-A). Stay in Bang Niang. Have followed some threads about different immigration offices, didn't know what to expect. I was in a rather bad mood. During the last 4 days I have had 3 flat tires on my bicycle and Yesterday one on my motorbike :( That's NOT acceptable! I don't know if You english speaking people understand this but I was "prepared up to my teeth."

Went down to Phang Nga with car. Now,for us it was very difficult to find the Immigration office.It's located in the outskirts of Phang Nga.

Although we had the address we gave up and hired a motorbike taxi that drove in front of us.

The office is like the size of a living room. It was a lot of people from Myanmar there, I was the only faring. 3 officers handle the office.

When I stepped inside one of the officers(very nice) told me to sit down. I gave him my documents. 4 minutes later I was out of the office...

A very nice approach from the staff, professional and very nice to deal with. So suddenly my flat tires mentally went away I don't now where.. may they never come back!

They don't have a website. The address is as follows :

37 Moo 3

Tamnampud

Muang

Tel : 076460512

• Like 1

I appreciate this report about the Phang Nga Immigration office. I've been going to the Phuket office for about 5 years now, and would like to change to a smaller, less crowded, and more friendly office for the routine visits. I'm spending more time in Phang Nga then in Phuket these days so I should change my address for the 90 day check-ins, anyway.

I also appreciate you giving the address and the phone number for the office, so I could probably find it, but since it's small, could you be more specific about where on the outskirts of town it is located? If you come up highway 4 from Phuket as you reach the outskirts of town it seems there's a lot of government buildings before you get to the big traffic circle south of the downtown area. I suspect that's the vicinity. Is it on that main road?

I'm also curious about the route you would take from where you live. Do you go down to Khlok Kloi and then back up to Phang Nga, or do you go through the mountains on the 4090?

Thanks again

I appreciate this report about the Phang Nga Immigration office. I've been going to the Phuket office for about 5 years now, and would like to change to a smaller, less crowded, and more friendly office for the routine visits. I'm spending more time in Phang Nga then in Phuket these days so I should change my address for the 90 day check-ins, anyway.

I also appreciate you giving the address and the phone number for the office, so I could probably find it, but since it's small, could you be more specific about where on the outskirts of town it is located? If you come up highway 4 from Phuket as you reach the outskirts of town it seems there's a lot of government buildings before you get to the big traffic circle south of the downtown area. I suspect that's the vicinity. Is it on that main road?

I'm also curious about the route you would take from where you live. Do you go down to Khlok Kloi and then back up to Phang Nga, or do you go through the mountains on the 4090?

Thanks again

hi,go as far as thung maprao,12km from khao lak.turn left onto the 4240,that will take you to the 4090. but, you do not go into phang nga. there is a left turn,opposite a big 4 wheel drive repair shop,take that left,stay on for about 4 km i think the 3rd or 4th set of lights, there is a big sign on the left pointing you in to the office.IF you end up in town,go through to the big roundabout and turn left on the roundabout.that will take you to the same sign. they really are a pleasure to deal with,helpful,and polite.

I always find it hard to grasp Posts that say Phuket Immigration are unfriendly, 90 day report this morning, arrived at 8am, the very nice guy who sits on the right came out to me at 8.15 we had a nice little chat, he then said "wait there" 2 mins later he came back with my passport all sorted, this office is friendly, I have never been asked for so called tea money!!

If you have an attitude(many people here seem to have, or you show millions of bht in the account you are using for your visa then who can blame the officers for what they try to do, I would do the same!!

Edited by kawapower
  • Like 1

I always find it hard to grasp Posts that say Phuket Immigration are unfriendly, 90 day report this morning, arrived at 8am, the very nice guy who sits on the right came out to me at 8.15 we had a nice little chat, he then said "wait there" 2 mins later he came back with my passport all sorted, this office is friendly, I have never been asked for so called tea money!!

If you have an attitude(many people here seem to have, or you show millions of bht in the account you are using for your visa then who can blame the officers for what they try to do, I would do the same!!

morning,no one mentioned phuket being un friendly,he said more friendly,i also have nevr had a problem at phuket,it seems it depends who you get.

you show millions of bht in the account you are using for your visa then who can blame the officers for what they try to do, I would do the same!!

You are either honest, or you're not.

Thanks for letting us know how you stand.

2 legs normally!!

I am very honest, these officers have to deal with many miserable people so who can blame them for trying to get there own back, good on them!!

Edited by kawapower

morning,no one mentioned phuket being un friendly,he said more friendly,i also have nevr had a problem at phuket,it seems it depends who you get.

Many on here moan and complain about Phuket Immigration, why do some people have a problem where many do not? Honesty or not has nothing to do with what Immigration officers do or not do, they do what others do, they try it on with the moaners and miserable people!!

Edited by kawapower

Oh Victor I think back peddling is very common don't you think!!

So are you Mr perfect? Or are you a hypocrite!!

Are you one of the people who are taken advantage of which makes you a moaner!!

People coming on here crying foul when they have done the same at some point in there lives, what's that called?

Edited by kawapower

Oh Victor I think back peddling is very common don't you think!!

Well, it is for you.

So are you Mr perfect? Or are you a hypocrite!!

Neither.

Are you one of the people who are taken advantage of which makes you a moaner!!

Nope.

People coming on here crying foul when they have done the same at some point in there lives, what's that called?

And just how do you know that?

Maybe you are projecting?

I didn't say that I found the officers at the Phuket Immigration unfriendly, I said that I would appreciate it if the Phang Nga office was more friendly. My experiences in the Phuket office have been mostly OK, and the people who handle the 90 day report-ins are friendly. I do seem to have an ongoing problem with the fellow who sits in the second row and handles the annual visa renewals. He seems to take pleasure in finding insignificant issues and making one go fetch new paperwork. Last time, after I had to go to make more photocopies and came back at 11;15am, he said you have to come back after 1:00. Why would he be like that? It's not my attitude or appearance, or anything in question about my bank balance (Kawapower, what's the problem with having "millions" in the account?), or other paperwork, I think it's just because he's got the power and enjoys displaying it. I've had others say the same thing about this fellow, so if I can accomplish my visa business with more friendly people I will do it. Besides that, Phang Nga town is a very nice and scenic place, and I would rather travel up there than down through Phuket Town to handle this business.

• Like 1

I didn't say that I found the officers at the Phuket Immigration unfriendly, I said that I would appreciate it if the Phang Nga office was more friendly. My experiences in the Phuket office have been mostly OK, and the people who handle the 90 day report-ins are friendly. I do seem to have an ongoing problem with the fellow who sits in the second row and handles the annual visa renewals. He seems to take pleasure in finding insignificant issues and making one go fetch new paperwork. Last time, after I had to go to make more photocopies and came back at 11;15am, he said you have to come back after 1:00. Why would he be like that? It's not my attitude or appearance, or anything in question about my bank balance (Kawapower, what's the problem with having "millions" in the account?), or other paperwork, I think it's just because he's got the power and enjoys displaying it. I've had others say the same thing about this fellow, so if I can accomplish my visa business with more friendly people I will do it. Besides that, Phang Nga town is a very nice and scenic place, and I would rather travel up there than down through Phuket Town to handle this business.

well said

well said

I think well said as well, maybe I have yet to experience a problem but so far no problems to report!!

Nothing wrong in having millions of bht, wish I had, but in my opinion it is best not to show or tell people you have multiple millions of bht!! I think for obvious reasons!!

Edited by kawapower