The Temple Court

CaptainM

Anyone familiar with this estate?

Is it in Pattaya or Jomtien?

How old is it? It is well maintained?

How far from the beach?

How is the surroundings, quite?

Is it close to ant Supermarkets, Carrefour etc?

Please, anyone with info.

/cap

Temple court is over the Sukhumvit, it has been advertised for ages and I believe the owner had a lot of problems and it all stopped for a while.Heard that the adverts selling this had again resurfaced, investigate well....

It's all the way down Paradise Villa road, take the right fork at the very end over the bridge, go up past the temple on the right until you come to a small village, take the right fork south toward Huay Yai, it's down there on the right. Long way on a bicycle!

Last time I went that way was about 10 days ago and If I remember correctly there was a sign on the road offering a car free with every house. I'm pretty sure it was those.

Nice big houses with pools but maybe the location or access to them is holding sales down.

Yep,

Looks like an OK place, only the location!

About 10 - 13 miles inland from Sukhumvit, Jomtien.

Count on 30 minutes to the beach by car which you do indeed get for free with the house because you'll need it :D

20 minutes to Lotus.

Not even a 7/11 within a 5 mile radius :o

A bit weird is their website being suspended! Still in google's cache though...

Google cache

Unfortunately prices for decent sized houses with garden/swimmingpool are getting ridiculously high in the Pattaya/Jomtien area.

Lots of people are attracted to the quiter side opposite Sukhumvit as well as being cheaper. Well maybe not cheaper but you'll get a much bigger house on a much bigger piece of land for the same amount...

Mabprachan seems to be the more popular area though...

Edited by monty

Yeah, I gotta agree with that, Mabprachan is by far the nicest area east of Sukhumvit!

Mabprachan is great, quiet, not crowded and has to way better than trying to get to the shops from Temple Court.

Not so close to the beach though unless you count the mud when the tide is out at the reservoir. :o

I'd concur with the general view that Maprachan is becoming the place to buy/build/stay in the Pattaya Suburbs - the local Tambon are very strict in what they allow to be built and it has the potential to become the definative high end suburb of Pattaya if things continue as they are (but of course, its a very big IF). Biggest plus factors in my mind are ease of access to Bangkok via 36/7 highways and the tight planning rules because of the resevoir (i.e no factories). Access into Pattaya is easy - straight down Siam Country Club and the Thai family owning Horseshoe Point Resort with their couple thousand acres, seem to have a steadying influence on what goes on in the district (i.e they are so loaded already, they dont need to do things to get a quick buck, which could endanger their long term land values). Infact I heard that Horseshoe Point are about to launch their own high end housing development very soon.

Yeah, I gotta agree with that, Mabprachan is by far the nicest area east of Sukhumvit!

Mabprachan is great, quiet, not crowded and has to way better than trying to get to the shops from Temple Court.

Not so close to the beach though unless you count the mud when the tide is out at the reservoir. :D

I endorse that. I'm in Pong, just round the corner from Mapprachan. Huge house, huge pool on nearly a Rai of land. Ten minutes to Sukhumvit, 15 minutes to central Pattaya. Five minutes to the Rayong/Pattaya highway. Plenty of local shops and there's even a few restaurants and bars round the lake, if you don't feel like driving into town. I reckon it's the best of all worlds. Retirement, here I come. :o:D