Thai Visa From Singapore Embassy - Processing Time?

Anyone know a doctor who has done the mandatory health check in Singapore ? That should be obvious but my doctor doesn't want to do it and none of the clinics (and largest hospital in Singapore) have seen the embassy form before. One hospital was willing to build me an "a la carte" estimate of 400 Singapore dollars ( about 10,000 Baht). At this point i'm less concerned about the money than finding a doctor who "knows" the process. For those who haven't seen it the latest form wants the following

free from the following diseases:

1 LEPROSY

2 TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.)

3 ELEPHANTIASIS

4 DRUG ADDICTION

5 THIRD STEP OF SYPHIIS free from the following diseases:

Oddly HIV is not required testing .

free from the following diseases:

1 LEPROSY

2 TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.)

3 ELEPHANTIASIS

4 DRUG ADDICTION

5 THIRD STEP OF SYPHIIS free from the following diseases:

Oddly HIV is not required testing .

Just say you do not have these diseasesno.gif and they shall proof on their costs, that you have it!

Friends forever! tongue.png

Just say you do not have these diseasesno.gif and they shall proof on their costs, that you have it!

Uh yeah. Not in Singapore. In Singapore to say you don't have Leprosy the want to test for it because everyone makes money.

Any Visa friendly doctors anyone ?

Anyone know a doctor who has done the mandatory health check in Singapore ?

You are apparently planning on getting an OA visa. I would think some doctor would do it but I would guess that it would be expensive.

Why don't you just get a single entry non-o visa (90 days on entry) and apply for your an extension of stay at immigration here that would only cost 1900 baht. You would need to show 65K baht income proven by a letter from your embassy or have 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days (first application) or a combination of income and money in the bank to make up the difference if income is to low.

Uh yeah. Not in Singapore. In Singapore to say you don't have Leprosy the want to test for it because everyone makes money.

Any Visa friendly doctors anyone ?

http://www.thaiembassy.sg/consular-visa-matters/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa-o-a-long-stay

I checked it now and come to the conclusion. emo30.gif That is true!bigg.gif

I thought you joking!

Ok. we wrote about Tourist Visa and Non Immigrant -O-, where nothing must be checked by a physician!

So, you can come deadly sick and with a highly contagious disease, for some month to Thailand, but not with that -OA- visa.

Interesting and same time ridiculous.rolleyes.gif

-Ubonjoe- gave you already a good possible solution.thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you just get a single entry non-o visa (90 days on entry) and apply for your an extension of stay at immigration here that would only cost 1900 baht. You would need to show 65K baht income proven by a letter from your embassy or have 800K baht in a Thai bank for 60 days (first application) or a combination of income and money in the bank to make up the difference if income is to low.

That was good advice but the timing was wrong for me to take it for various reasons, the main one being that I have been procrastinating on getting this done. I'll write up the steps I took for others to learn from as a separate post. I have now been able to get a 12 month OA but it wasn't financially the most efficient way to achieve the end result. Learnt a lot though!