Nz Visit Visa For Gf

There isn't much on here for NZ toursit visa, so I'll share:

Her: Has land, works on the farm/at home so no formal job, not much cash in the bank, has son. Visited me in Aus twice on first multi-entry for 6 weeks and then 3 months. Had 2nd Aus multi granted in Sept 2012

Me: NZer, living in Aus, good job and savings

One form to fill in, standard stuff - name, address, health, good character, any contacts in NZ, finances/sponsorship etc

One form to fill in by me for sponsorship - there is formal sponsorship for NZ tourist visa, unlike Aus tourist visa. Also provided bank statements showing savings and salary, as well as a covering letter with a short outline of our relationship.

Both forms can be downloaded from Immigration NZ and some guides (checklist and "How to Prevent Delays in Processing) from Immigration NZ Bankok

I answered "no" to the "Will you be ordinarily resident in New Zealand during the term of the sponsorship?" question on the sponsor form, but wrote in the space below that I will be accompanying her on the visit. I also re-iterated that in my cover letter. She wrote my parents names as "friends/family/contacts in NZ" on the application form. We also didn't have any tickets booked (which they do ask for) but GF put estimated travel dates in this part of the application, and I also detailed it in my letter saying that as it was around Christmas flights are expensive and hard to come by so wanted to be sure she had a visa before booking.

GF went to Visa dept of NZ Embassy in Bangkok and dropped off the application along with bank cheque (4300 + 50 for courier) on Thursday last week. Commented that not like VFS for Australia, only one person on duty, maybe not the same volume of visa apps, not as friendly (but not unfriendly). They checked her application for completeness and she said they didn't look at the originals of the documents he provided copies of, only took the copies.

Yesterday (Wednesday) a lady calls GF and asked a few questions - why doesn't she live in Aus with me, where did we meet etc - and tell her that she will be emailing me and asking me to provide more evidence of our relationship, which she (embassy lady) promptly does. I had all the stuff from the Aus applications - the usual phone records, photos (up to end of 2010), etc - sitting on my work computer, and was sitting in front of it, so I was able to reply to her pretty much straight away with what she wanted.

After a few hours the same lady called my GF again to tell her that her visa had been approved. I got 1 year multi with 1 month entries from GF, but need to see it to make sure I understood correctly. I had promised to send some more recent photos to the embassy lady, but she emailed me again to tell me that the visa had been approved so no need to send them.

Embassy told GF 3-4 weeks, website says 15 days, but it was done within a week. Pretty easy, seems that the Antipodean countries are pretty accommodating. My housemate tells me it's because NZ needs all the people they can get because we're all over here in Australia...

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Thanks for share the info, in my experience NZ is so fast for legal proceedings or banking.

I want to go to NZ with my Thai GF ...for me is easy, I can get 3 months every time that I want enter to the country the same here in Thailand with the plus that I not need to fly to Fiji xD just walk to some frontier and stamp 3 months more.

But for She... the good thing is that she had two degree in IT and Management, no stable job as me, I usually work full time, or per project but 100% remotely (Virtual CTO), teaching her my business while we travel in Asia, I really want that she try the culture of New Zealand for me is one of the best countries in the world for quality of life, travel, sustainability, green energies, friendly people, good integration with their natives, an awesome country.

hi, glad it went so easy for the visa

i am about to apply for my GF to visit NZ

i am a NZ citizen & have called up the NZ immigration dept & received conflicting info

did you apply for the visa based on partnership which requires a different sponsorship form (1146 instead of 1025), or just a general visitor visa with intent for her to leave NZ within allowed period with you acting as a general sponsor(no relationship)

did you state that you were her partner?

on my application i will state purpose of visit is to be together to further our relationship

whereas i guess in your case was it just for her to be a tourist

it seems that general tourist visa is handled in BKK office & can be straightforward whereas visas based on relationship are time consuming & are sent to NZ to be processed by the IPG with 3 month + process time

if you got your GF here so quickly i would prefer that option

any further info appreciated

Applied for visitor visa with myself as sponsor. I think wrote something about her meeting my family/friends etc as well as seeing the country. Don't think I stressed the relationship thing but I'm sure they figured it out.

Might have helped that she had been to Australia two times to visit me and had a current Australian multi-entry visa.

She got a 1 month multi entry good for 12 months.

Applied for visitor visa with myself as sponsor. I think wrote something about her meeting my family/friends etc as well as seeing the country. Don't think I stressed the relationship thing but I'm sure they figured it out.

Might have helped that she had been to Australia two times to visit me and had a current Australian multi-entry visa.

She got a 1 month multi entry good for 12 months.

Hi thanks for the reply

My GF is similar situation to yours in that has visited NZ before, owns some land, no saving, works intermittantly in farming

after reading your post i think i will not apply on the basis of relationship, as we are not living together, but known each other for 5 yrs.

we applied for a visa in 2010 based on relationship but was declined, due to not meeting relationship requirements

i will hope that my experience will be similar to yours in that there was sufficient evidence to show a will to leave NZ & not overstay

what did your GF put as the relationship staus on the application, ie single?

did they request info on financial support?

• 3 weeks later...

I have some friends from south America that apply to different visas to NZ as partners important points is that you need to show evidence that you can support she and that you really have a relation with she, travel together, passport stamps, pictures in different locations together "like the postal one" not like san patrick xD, that was very strange to my friends, in the interview or in other check point process they were asked for more pictures! like the first ones were not good enough to probe a long relationship.

for example I know that Brazilians in Queenstown have been cheating a lot with fake partner relations just for extend the visa to find work etc so that immigration office usually reject all applications from Brazilians in Queenstown, but not in other cities! probably that is a big difference between Bangkok or apply online

sometimes is about the people that read the application, one can approve another disapprove.

Just say your best true something that you can easily probe.

sorry for not give a better info.