How Much Easier Is It For A Thai Uni Graduate To Get A Aussie Tourist Visa As Opposed To Non Grad?

I looked into getting a Thai girlfriend of mine back to Australia on a tourist visa a few years ago. She wasn't a uni graduate so i remember after a lot of researching it ended up that the appropriate visa was a tourist visa subclass 676 (from memory).

anyway that didn't eventuate but i'm wondering if the girl has graduated university how much of a difference this makes to her application.

it must weigh heavily in her favour although obviously she would still have to fill a lot of other requirements.

i am also wondering does a uni grad still use the visa 676 application or do they have a different visa/application form for people that have graduated. I did look around the Australian immigration website but couldn't find the info i was looking for.

Sikishrory,

My wife never finished school and she never had any probs in obtaining a tourist visa. We(she) had a reason to go back

to Thailand eg; house/land and business.We have been back 4 times to Aust since 05

All Thai passport holders use form 48R when applying for a tourist visa

mate there are heaps of others members that have alot more experience than me, as my mrs is the

only on I've taken back to Aust. But I hoped I helped answer your question.

Check out the Aussie embassy Bangkok website

Edited by Scabo

Hi Sikishrory

"if the girl has graduated university how much of a difference this makes to her application.

it must weigh heavily in her favour"

I could not in my wildest dreams imagine why a Uni degree would make the slightest difference to the application for a Visa to any country ---- and as for :

"...do they have a different visa/application form for people that have graduated?"

I am sure you are kidding.

"I did look around the Australian immigration website but couldn't find the info i was looking for."

Yep!