Uk Embassy Website Incorrect Passport Pricing

Just a word of warning for anyone applying for a 1st time UK passport via the British embassy in Bangkok

the published price on the ukinthailand site for 1st time child passports which go to the embassy in bkk 1st NOT hong kong

passport for child 4075 bt

courier 1151 bt

admin fee 200 bt

total 5426 bt

that price is out of date it seems and they make no apologies for there site having the wrong price. in fact they seem to know very little about there own website lol

the current total price is 5589 bt as of 19th October 2012

i recently sent a postal application to them with there advertised fee (bankers draft).. then had to do it all over after they called me to say i had sent the wrong amount

Prices on the page linked to by electau are correct from 8th Oct and agree with what silentnine was asked to pay, no indication when the page was updated though.

When did you apply?

To electau, UK Embassy in BKK set their own exchange rate and publish the prices in Baht, they do not vary on a daily (or even monthly) basis.

As far as I'm aware the British embassy updates all prices on their and the VFS site, consular services and visas, as soon as they change the consular exchange rate.

But the change does happen without notice.

Therefore it is important to check the fee on the day you submit the application.

its the hong kong page for thailand thats incorect then

http://ukinhongkong....plications#much

this is where you end up if you click thru from the ukinthai site when looking at 1st time passports

was last friday i applied .. using the prices belowWhere to apply

You need to submit your application to:

The British Embassy

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan

Bangkok 10330

How to apply

If you are paying by cash or credit card (Visa or MarsterCard only) you must make your application in person.

If you are paying by postal order or bankers draft, you can send us your application. We recommend that you send us your application by secure means such as by registered post or by courier. For security reasons, please make sure that you do not highlight on the outside of the envelope that it contains a passport application.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND CASH

How much

Passport fees in Thailand are linked to the exchange rate and are liable to change at short notice if the rate changes. Fees are non-refundable if your application is unsuccessful.

Passport fees are:

Adult passport

32-page passport - £128.00 / 6,400 THB

48-page passport - £154.50 / 7,725 THB

Child passport

child under 16 passport (5 year validity) - £81.50 / 4,075 THB

Courier fee – Each customer will be required to pay a courier fee to cover the cost of sending the application to Hong Kong and for the delivery of the new passport from the UK:

Courier fee – £23.01 / 1,151 THB

How to pay

If you are applying by post, you can pay by banker's draft (plus Baht 200 administration fee), or by postal order (payable to "British Embassy Bangkok").

If you are paying in cash or by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) you must make your application in person. We are unable to accept payment by personal cheque.

Edited by silentnine