Ford 6610S Thoughts?

Canada

Hi, as the title suggests, looking for comments on the 6610S. Kind of a moot point as I just put a deposit on one today. We need a tractor like now and I have been looking and comparing for a week.

Torque wise, the Kubota M108 is about the equal of the 6610S at roughly the same cost.

Thoughts on parts, maintenance, durability of the 2 tractors?

Thanks.

The 6610 is possibly the toughest and best tractor ever built. Parts are cheap and easily available. I'm always amazed at how the Thais hammer and abuse them and they just keep going.

• Like 1

Hi We bought a Kubuto 3 years ago which is very good and reliable, but and a very big but if you do need part they are very expensive and there is no chance of picking up seconhand parts, so Ford every time for me.

I bought a 6610 about 7 years ago primarily for working our farm but also for a time we were contracting it out for working other peoples farm. Apart from regular maintenance and a handful of minor engine repairs (no more than 25k baht) it has been working trouble free and a very dependable workhorse. It has definately been money well spent. We have a fair sized farm and it has been used on rice paddies, rubber plantation, tapioca fields and general earthmoving/clearing work and it has done all the jobs with ease. I was thinking a few years ago about trading it in for a smaller kubota but glad that we kept this one.

I bought a 6610 about 7 years ago primarily for working our farm but also for a time we were contracting it out for working other peoples farm. Apart from regular maintenance and a handful of minor engine repairs (no more than 25k baht) it has been working trouble free and a very dependable workhorse. It has definately been money well spent. We have a fair sized farm and it has been used on rice paddies, rubber plantation, tapioca fields and general earthmoving/clearing work and it has done all the jobs with ease. I was thinking a few years ago about trading it in for a smaller kubota but glad that we kept this one.

You would be mad to sell or trade for a kubota, not even in the same league.

Massey Fergusons made in brazil are now being touted up here as a rival for the Ford.look ok and look very strong and ggood deals if you buy direct from the factory.

If you want to sell your ford what kind of price you want?

You would be mad to sell or trade for a kubota, not even in the same league.

Massey Fergusons made in brazil are now being touted up here as a rival for the Ford.look ok and look very strong and ggood deals if you buy direct from the factory.

If you want to sell your ford what kind of price you want?

As I said, it was a few years ago that I thought about trading it in. As we are now just using it for our own farm, it is needing less maintenance as when it was contracted out. I dont think I will get rid of it because it is just too handy to have around. We did have some local guy ask my wifes mother if he could buy it. MIL gave him our phone number but that was the last we heard. Dont really know what it is worth.

Sorry to take so long to get back. I am loving this tractor. And I am happy that I did not buy a Kubota. I hear parts are expensive and difficult.

All the local Thais are loving my tractor, for what ever that is worth. I have been working alongside an old 6610 2wd. The poor thing doesn't offer much to compare but it is a testament to the longevity of these tractors.

I bought it at the dealership in Nong Bua Lamphu BTW for whoever was asking. 1,650,000 with a blade and one attachment. They were not dealing. Got them down a little, but not much....about 26,000 baht, that would be off the 1.65

My only real complaint is the Made in Mexico sticker on it. And another "Assembled in Mexico" sticker. I guess I could take them off.

Wonder how much these are in the States?

Edited by Canada