Kasikorn Bank- Grrrrr!

I have used Kasikorn for over twelve years, initially Thai Famers Bank. Never had a problem. If I am abroad I can use the internet banking system and OTP with no problems. I changed my telephone number years ago and my email several times. Always worked for me, though I always use the branch where I opened the account.

May have been easier for the OP if he had asked his telephone service provider to resurrect his old number.

My best experience was trying to transfer 1m baht to another Thai account, the cheapest way turned out to be carrying the cash from the Kasikorn to the payee's bank on the other side of town.

I think some of the "unique" banking procedures here are, well, because the banks can. Its not like there is any meaningful outside competition to force customer friendly changes.

In the mean time, they are wasting my time with pointless bureacracy sad.png

Not sure you are correct on that.

I come from a country where all banks are closed on the weekends, and the opening times are very short (usually they close at 4-5pm, while in Thailand banks are open 7 days a week, and many branches close at 8pm.

I am sure this is due to competition.

On the other hand, the illogical and inefficient use of computers and online systems is just a characteristic of this country. My guess is just lousy system architecture.

I am one of KASIKORNBANK staff. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Normally, when you would like to change your mobile phone number linked to K-Cyber Banking into the new one, you have to submit required documents: a signed copy of your passport and a K-Cyber Service Changing Profile Request Form. These can be submitted to any convenient branches of KASIKORNBANK and it will take 3 business days to approve your request. However, i would like to know whether your mobile phone number is already changed or not. If it is not, I do advise you to visit any convenient branches of KASIKORNBANK to fill the form and present required document to process your request.

If you contact the branch of KASIKORNBANK and do not get a kind service from the bank, please immediately contact K-Contact Center at Tel. 0 2888 8800 press 03 or [email protected] to have our contact center coordinate with this case for you.

Edited by Normal
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

Just opened a bank ac with Kasikornbank after first trying Bangkok Bank who wanted me to by useless insurance at 3.5 k baht and Krungsri who turned me down flat (I have a 2 month tourist visa) - they both said KB would do it. Couldnt have been more helpful went with my wife who helped to smooth things a bit.Just took my passport and signed innumerable bits of paper and deposited a minimum of 500baht. In the future I will bring cash (£50 notes for the best exchange and do it at Super Rich near Siam Centre) and deposit it in my account and then hassle free and free withdrawals from KB ATMs. This is a great improvement on using Metro Bank (the only UK bank that doesnt charge for using overseas ATMs - but the Thai bank does - 150 baht a transaction and a rate which is a couple of baht under the Super Rich cash rate.

Thanks to KB for a great service thus far.

Just opened a bank ac with Kasikornbank after first trying Bangkok Bank who wanted me to by useless insurance at 3.5 k baht and Krungsri who turned me down flat (I have a 2 month tourist visa) - they both said KB would do it. Couldnt have been more helpful went with my wife who helped to smooth things a bit.Just took my passport and signed innumerable bits of paper and deposited a minimum of 500baht. In the future I will bring cash (£50 notes for the best exchange and do it at Super Rich near Siam Centre) and deposit it in my account and then hassle free and free withdrawals from KB ATMs. This is a great improvement on using Metro Bank (the only UK bank that doesnt charge for using overseas ATMs - but the Thai bank does - 150 baht a transaction and a rate which is a couple of baht under the Super Rich cash rate.

I have been banking with Kasikorn for years and have bee generally very satisfied with their service. No problems opening basic savings accounts with ATM and/or debit cards. Decent English language website too, and their K-web cards works great for Internet transactions (hotels airline reservations, etc. [even for non-Thai sites]).

I am one of KASIKORNBANK staff. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I do not have a K Bank account.

But I would like to say it is very nice to see you here.

It is very helpful to have a representative from any of the local banks on this forum.

Thanks & Welcome

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Kaiskorn is "okay", but sometimes you just have to wonder...I tried to deposit (not get any cash back, had passbook) a tax return check from Guam (USA) at Changklan branch (near my home), and they told me I had to go to branch (Central airport mall) where I opened account. Really? To deposit a check into my Kasikorn account? So, off I ride to Central mall, only a few minutes away...take a number, get called to teller...she tells me there will be 30 day hold, I say no problem...she deposits the funds...then a supervisor comes by, they talk, she tells me I "have to come back the next day, as it is too late in the day to accept the deposit"... Huh? Oh yeah, and a 500 baht fee to deposit at my branch????

I ask her: what will change tomorrow morning that can't be done today? I have already stated a 30 day hold is no probelm...who knows....no use trying to reason, just smile and come back in morning...

But mostly, Changklan branch staff is quite pleasant and helpful and using my debit card works worldwide...only time declined was on a US military base hotel in Japan....even withdrawing funds worldwide...

You can use your Metro Bank card in AEON ATM's and have absolutley no fees.

Kasikorn's K-Biznet on-line service has a feature to add other accounts that you can transfer funds too i.e. a new supplier or a new employee etc. This service has been "Temporarily Unavailable" for over 3 Months now. I have emailed their Customer Service Centre many times even adding screen shots of the problem. No answer to date, 3 weeks and counting. It's a pipe dream but allowing foreign banks into the Thai retail banking industry might bring these people into the 21st century.

• 1 month later...

I am one of KASIKORNBANK staff. We truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Normally, when you would like to change your mobile phone number linked to K-Cyber Banking into the new one, you have to submit required documents: a signed copy of your passport and a K-Cyber Service Changing Profile Request Form. These can be submitted to any convenient branches of KASIKORNBANK and it will take 3 business days to approve your request. However, i would like to know whether your mobile phone number is already changed or not. If it is not, I do advise you to visit any convenient branches of KASIKORNBANK to fill the form and present required document to process your request.

If you contact the branch of KASIKORNBANK and do not get a kind service from the bank, please immediately contact K-Contact Center at Tel. 0 2888 8800 press 03 or [email protected] to have our contact center coordinate with this case for you.

Hello, nice to see you here Kasikorn staff :-)

Do you know what is the fee for a transfer over $50000 and how long does it take from the day the money disappeared from your bank account abroad ?

Does Kasikorn contacts you to ask what is this money for ?

Thank you.

Hello, nice to see you here Kasikorn staff :-)

Do you know what is the fee for a transfer over $50000 and how long does it take from the day the money disappeared from your bank account abroad ?

Does Kasikorn contacts you to ask what is this money for ?

Thank you.

Me too... I have emailed the info@ address five times now and never had an answer to my question which is .......

Kasikorn's K-Biznet on-line service has a feature to add other accounts that you can transfer funds too i.e. a new supplier or a new employee etc. This service has been "Temporarily Unavailable" for over 3 Months now. I have emailed their Customer Service Centre many times even adding screen shots of the problem. No answer to date, 3 weeks and counting. It's a pipe dream but allowing foreign banks into the Thai retail banking industry might bring these people into the 21st century.

Is it better to pay all the charges of a transfer back home ?? Im sending 2100 GBP to Thailand everymonth and the bank says the charge is 13GBP but im getting charged 35 GBP in total.. Would it be cheaper to pay the 13 in the uk and then let the kasikorn take there charges out here in Thailand??

Kasikorns Pin2 option via email is FINE when you are overseas and need to do a transaction EXCEPT there are some things that PIN2 does not allow you to do (ie Add a new Payee) So even though I bypassed the OTP and opted for the PIN2, a person I needed to transfer money to I couldn't because they were not already in my list of Payees. So I had to transfer money to someone in my list and have them do me the favor of transferring th emoney to that person from their account

• 6 months later...

So there's no way to change OTP phone number overseas? I cancelled my trip to Bangkok because of political situation and now wondering do I need to book new flights just to get my internet bank working. I like security as well but my life gets difficult if showing face in my own Kasikorn branch is only way to do this.

So there's no way to change OTP phone number overseas? I cancelled my trip to Bangkok because of political situation and now wondering do I need to book new flights just to get my internet bank working. I like security as well but my life gets difficult if showing face in my own Kasikorn branch is only way to do this.

I changed my e-mail address via e-mail with Kasikorn you just need to make sure old address is still working before changing to new. It could be same with OTP phone number they would send OTP code to old number then you apply that to new number to activate. It's just a thought give it a try.

Forgot to mention that my old thai-number (registered to Kasikorn) is not in use anymore. Is it possible to get OTP via email? It doesnt sound very secure though but need to keep it in mind if this sms-mess gets too complicated.

Normally OTP are valid for like 5 minute's I don't know if they will send OTP via e-mail just try and see. If all else fails call them they have english speakers.