What Motorbike Whould You Buy For Safety / Confort And ...

kaizoku

Important criteria :

1) Safety !!! I want to feel safe, good break, tires (big wheel better than small ?). what else ?

I don't think this criteria can ever be met in Thailand,

(and a front wheel flat on a small bike is lethal at nearly any speed, unlike a big bike)

Other than that, PCX

Phantom is the best choice: with crash bars!

Bikes, Thailand & safety being a criterion... I recommend a model called the BTS.

Seriously, for road safety you should have big wheels, proper brakes & suspension... I agree on all counts. No scooters have these. You should just buy a proper motorcycle, used. 80k should get you a range of choices if you take your time.

Edited by bbradsby

Seems nice but I like to have a flat bottom so I can carry more stuff.

This is the problem on the wave and the nouvo sx.

well, if this is a criterion and if you don't want a girlie bike:

1. if you buy new: Honda Click 125i, Yamaha Mio 125i

2. 2nd hand: Mio 125, no question. Good storage space under the seat and the strongest engine. Click has only 110cc and little storage.

Edited by Turkleton

Seems nice but I like to have a flat bottom so I can carry more stuff.

This is the problem on the wave and the nouvo sx.

With a front basket & what you can fit under a wave seat

I would think anything more & you may need a truck :)

Seriously though we put 3 Big C bags in the under seat storage

I rent the PCX and I must admit that this is realy confortable to drive. I'll try it a bit longer so I might change my mind about it, I'm not a fan of the estethic but driving it is very smooth. So far I found only three little problems, the place for the feet a bit small, there is no hook for small grocery (I couldn't find any spot to put my take away food + one drink). Maybe I can add one. And the last problem is that this is so smooth to drive it that you don't feel the speed. I was driving 80km/h and feel like it was only 50km/h.

I went to the shop today to see the Yamaha Mio 125i and I don't understand why to buy this. IMO this is way under the Honda click for the same price. The most funny about it is as usual in Thailand nobody is able to explain anything about technical features. I asked the seller why I should buy this instead of a Honda Click and he couldn't say any word. I asked this question to three shops, and some seller was talking correct english. Same answer when I asked about what is difference beetween a normal wheel or an alloy wheel (thank you internet). Any shop you go don't expect any service, staff quality is close to zero, only good to tell you the price.

To conclude I would say that the PCX is probably one of the safest motorbike.

The second I like the most is the Honda click, not specialy safe but very conveniant and good price.

I think the wave are probably good if you get use to it, but I don't undestand the semi automatic gear, they are the ladyboy of the motorbikes.

I had a guy at a metal shop make me a beer holder,

i will see if i can find it and upload pic.

For me, the automatic is unnatural,

the semi automatic comes natural once i've learned the gear position

Edited by poanoi

To conclude I would say that the PCX is probably one of the safest motorbike.

The second I like the most is the Honda click, not specialy safe but very conveniant and good price.

I think the wave are probably good if you get use to it, but I don't undestand the semi automatic gear, they are the ladyboy of the motorbikes.

Criteria of course is different for different folks

As for semi auto not much to understand.

It is clutch-less shifting...When we raced MX we used the clutch for the start & that was about it.

Chop the throttle for a split second & shift. Basically same with a semi-auto

Also any semi-auto can still have its neck wrung & that is a big plus. IMHO

You decide where your going to shift. When wanting or needing a hard acceleration that is worth something.

Or even when rowing up through the gears you can maximize power on hand by picking your shift points on hills etc.

up to redline if you like.

Lastly you can also choose to use the gears down shifting for engine braking when needed.

Another safety + for riders.

But if I had to call a bike a ladyboy bike it would be a fully automatic small wheeled scooter that you

sat on like a chair (feet flat in front of you click style ) :)

But the main thing is for you get what your comfortable & happy with.

I see many pcx's & they seem like a stout scoot. Personally I could never ride

a click type with my feet flat in front of me & if I cannot have full manual

semi is my next choice for the reasons mentioned above.

Modern auto clutch also have a rotary gearbox N1234N so their is no faffing about through the gears trying to find neutral when you stop in high gear, it is easy to find. You can also blip the throttle for smoother down changes by depressing the heel shifter gently into disengagement at the same time.

Agree with @mania,

i don't want a surprise when the bike decides to shift gear, (can get nasty if you attempt to make a U-turn uphill, but even otherwise)

the bike shouldn't do anything unless i say so

Have you really ever ridden a "full-auto"?

Automatics doesn't shift gears. wink.png

It's completely different from that, what you might to know from a car's automatic.

Scooters use a stepless technique called CVT

Wikipedia

Klick the animated image below.

post-147752-0-51488600-1353984092_thumb.

Edited by retoocs01

It's completely different from that, what you might to know from a car's automatic.

Scooters use a technique called CVT

Yes but herein lies the rub

The flexibility of a CVT allows the driving shaft to maintain a constant angular velocity over a range of output velocities.

CVT can provide better fuel economy than other transmissions by enabling the engine to run at its most efficient (RPM) for a range of vehicle speeds.

There are many times when constant velocity or fuel efficiency is not the main concern/goal.

A skilled rider/ person knows best in a given situation what is needed & that is not judged by the things

a CVT seeks to provide.

But again to each their own. Many folks are more than happy on a auto/cvt type.

Edited by mania

Look like the same system as used in a Van I once owned.....

1974 DAF 33 Variomatic

post-42643-0-14890800-1353985004_thumb.j

Owned a Honda Jazz when they 1st came to Thailand, same sort of thing + did the same sort of slipping as the Daff did many years before.

About the ladyboy allusion I didn't want to offense anybody it was just a joke.

Gear => men

Automatic => women

Semi-auto => ladyboy

Finaly I'll go for the PCX because it is really confortable to drive.

I went to the shop today it's 77500B with all registration and 2year thief insurance.

Edited by kaizoku