Upmarket For A Couple Of Nights Within Couple Of Hours From Pattaya

tariq

Hi

I'm back in Thailand for Songkran (Woohoo!!)

A few mates are joining me. They've never been to Thailand before and I have to show them the "sights" of Pattaya.

I'll be sticking around for a week after they've gone and I'm looking for somewhere nice to go for just a couple of nights before heading up north.

I'm looking for somewhere by the beach thats going to be fairly quiet within a few hours of Pattaya for me and my lady to spend some quality time together.

I don't mind paying out a bit if its really nice.

Any recommendations guys?

Cheers

Taz...

I'm looking for somewhere by the beach thats going to be fairly quiet within a few hours of Pattaya for me and my lady to spend some quality time together.

Taz...

:o A boat near the beach? :D

LaoPo

Thanks for the suggestions guys... i was thinking of something a ittle further out but having looked at a few hotels it seems ok.

Any recommendations on hotels there? I'm happy to pay upto £50 night.

Cheers

Taz...

Thanks for the suggestions guys... i was thinking of something a ittle further out but having looked at a few hotels it seems ok.

Cheers

Taz...

Have a look here:

http://www.cabbagesandcondoms.co.th/

It's between Pattaya and Jomtien, yet a very quiet and tranquil beach and a very good hotel with appartments, beautiful restaurant and huge pool. The entrance leads you through a splendid beautiful garden. Very quiet and yet close to the 'nightlife' if you wish.

I have been there...it's TOP!

You could also go to Koh Samet, south of Pattaya; many beachfront bungalow outlets; (almost) no cars on the island, just local transport.

And...very beautiful also.

LaoPo

Cheers

Taz...

Try http://www.rayongresort.com/ Definetly a nice and relaxing resort. Great grub too.

Jalla

Went there a few weekends ago, a great place to get away from it all!

You can fly from Utapao to Samui. Tongsai Bay, Baan Haad Ngam and Napasai are all pretty nice. All have cozy villas from 10,000-20,000 a night. Great for those who like getaways where you don't want to leave the resort and do anything touristy.

Doing something similar in Krabi (quick 1 hour flight from Bangkok) at the moment this week, further downmarket at only 4,000 a night at the Krabi La Playa. The only drawback is a slight reduction in the amount of groveling by the staff but would still recommend. Great service and decent on site dining.

:o

You can fly from Utapao to Samui. Tongsai Bay, Baan Haad Ngam and Napasai are all pretty nice. All have cozy villas from 10,000-20,000 a night. Great for those who like getaways where you don't want to leave the resort and do anything touristy.

:D

Very nice indeed! Few 'loopholes' though....

1. you can't walk barefooted through the sand (when the sun is high) to the sea for a swim, since you really BURN your feet..the sand isn't really 'sand' and is extremely hot.

2. If you live uphill in one of the cottages, beware of the stairs...they have 'irregular' steps and are quite dangerous (especially in the dark). The lady of a friends' couple almost broke her legs, experiencing a nasty fall :o

LaoPo

Sunset Village is a resort located about 20 kilometers out of Pattaya towards Sattahip. It is a lovely resort with a private beach, swimming pool on the beach, restaurant serving decent food and very, very quiet.

On the weekends it can be a little crowded as lots of Thai families come down then but during the week it is somewhat deserted. They have some lovely free-standing cottages right on the beach. The honeymoon cottage looks particularly interesting but I have never stayed in it.

It may be too close to Pattaya for your desires but I highly recommend it. Stayed there a couple of years ago and went for dinner a couple of months ago. Still a pretty nice place.

The upside is you are close enough to Pattaya to run into town if you wish.

PS: I believe the bounder in an earlier post mentioned it. It is called Sunset Village however. The website is:

http://www.sunsetvillage.co.th

Sunset Village is a resort located about 20 kilometers out of Pattaya towards Sattahip. It is a lovely resort with a private beach, swimming pool on the beach, restaurant serving decent food and very, very quiet.

On the weekends it can be a little crowded as lots of Thai families come down then but during the week it is somewhat deserted. They have some lovely free-standing cottages right on the beach. The honeymoon cottage looks particularly interesting but I have never stayed in it.

It may be too close to Pattaya for your desires but I highly recommend it. Stayed there a couple of years ago and went for dinner a couple of months ago. Still a pretty nice place.

The upside is you are close enough to Pattaya to run into town if you wish.

PS: I believe the bounder in an earlier post mentioned it. It is called Sunset Village however. The website is:

http://www.sunsetvillage.co.th

Sunset Village is nice, but Sunset Park is an awful lot nicer. It is just two minutes up the road from Sunset Village (in the direction of Pattaya) and I think it is actually owned by the same people.