Three Hour Movie W/ No Intermission Opens In Thailand -- Is Your Bladder Up To It?

Jingthing

3 Hours is a long one for sure. You also need to add 30 -45 minutes for the pre movie trailers, advertisements standing for the King before the movie.

I could not do it if I bought a coke or large drink and had it while the movie is going.

I go to the toilet before I enter the cinema, then I only take very small sips of my water while the movie is on so I don't have to use the toilet during the movie.

OK. It's actually 2 hours and 44 minutes so given movies usually start here 20 minutes after the posted time, you could slip in just at the beginning. But I wouldn't like to risk missing the beginning. Sometimes, annoyingly, the movies here don't start as predictably late as usual.

In the olden days, they would have intermissions for long movies and try to push snack and drink sales. I guess now they can't figure out how people can leave and reenter the theater; rocket science that.

Edited by Jingthing

To be frank, if you can't go three hours without a Jimmy, you need to see a doctor!

The Return of the King (third part of The Lord of the Rings for those who don't know) is well over three hours long; managed that ok.

If worried, don't drink anything for a couple of hours beforehand and empty you bladder just before going into the theatre.

Or wait for the DVD.

To be frank, if you can't go three hours without a Jimmy, you need to see a doctor!

Not a flippant comment.

Needing to urinate more often than usual is an early sign of prostate problems; including cancer.

So maybe this movie could be considered a free medical test for some members biggrin.png

I'm sorry. The civilized thing is to have a break in a three hour entertainment performance. Historically, that's been the deal. What happened? Sure some people have medical issues, but there is also the issue of liking to be hydrated and enjoying caffeine drinks like coffee and tea which stimulate urination. Not to mention comfort, many people are capable of sitting for three hours but may feel uncomfortable doing so.

As far as enlarged prostates, check the statistics, this happens to the vast majority of older men if they live long enough.

Now that we're on medical stuff, I think not everyone knows that people who systematically hold in their urine over time are risking their health as well. This occurs for many workers who have jobs that limit their bathroom breaks. Talking about a chronic lifestyle pattern here, obviously not an occasional movie, etc.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes I am well aware that really long movies are a trend and that there haven't been intermissions in movies for many years. But just because they don't do it, doesn't mean it wouldn't be WELCOME for the LONG movies. It would be especially easy to do in Thailand with the assigned seat system here.

Edited by Jingthing

In the olden days, they would have intermissions for long movies and try to push snack and drink sales. I guess now they can't figure out how people can leave and reenter the theater; rocket science that.

In the UK they used to have the 'ice cream lady' who used to stand at the end of the gangway under the screen with a tray full of snacks suspended round her neck. No need to leave the theatre

In the UK they used to have the 'ice cream lady' who used to stand at the end of the gangway under the screen with a tray full of snacks suspended round her neck. No need to leave the theatre

Not sure if she'd let anyone pee in the popcorn though. :(

• Like 2

How long does it really take to leave the theater and take a piss?

I watched the dreaded Mel Gibson flick "What I Did Last Summer" at Terminal 21 and took a leak during a slow part of the film. Unfortunately, I returned to the theater after using the bathroom and actually watched that whole shitty movie.

Well I usually pee like crazy so I didn't drink anything before going into Cloud Atlas. I was fine.

No-one on earth suffers any ill effects whatsoever by not drinking for a few hours. This hydration stuff is kind of overdone (to sell teeny bottles of water).

I blame capitalism!!

Thought the movie was pretty good btw. Sonmi sections especially...

Edited by partington

Yes, but she never had any wafers to go with the albatross... sad.png

Saw the movie over the weekend. It's a thought provoking and epic film. One of those movies that needs and deserves your full attention so if you can't hold it for the duration I wouldn't recommend seeing it in theaters. Going back to see it again tomorrow.

I took the Nakhonchai Air bus overnight from CM to BKK a few weeks ago. 9 hour bus ride with no stops, and not a single person on the bus got up to use the bathroom during that time as well. Just plan ahead, it should be no problem.

Plan to not want to take a piss for 9 hours? How do you plan that? I reckon the toilets on those buses are very nasty, huh?

I took the Nakhonchai Air bus overnight from CM to BKK a few weeks ago. 9 hour bus ride with no stops, and not a single person on the bus got up to use the bathroom during that time as well. Just plan ahead, it should be no problem.

Plan to not want to take a piss for 9 hours? How do you plan that? I reckon the toilets on those buses are very nasty, huh?

9 hours on a Nakornchai Air bus, that explains it. Nobody can piss icicles. :rolleyes: