Changing Immigration Offices

I'll be moving to Chiang Mai soon and will need to do my extension of stay there. I'll most likely be in temporary accommodation at the time, maybe even a hotel. Is it ok to give this as proof of address? I don't want to get long-term accommodation right away because I'll be leaving the country for 3-6 months.

I'll be moving to Chiang Mai soon and will need to do my extension of stay there. I'll most likely be in temporary accommodation at the time, maybe even a hotel. Is it ok to give this as proof of address? I don't want to get long-term accommodation right away because I'll be leaving the country for 3-6 months.

I doubt it normally they want pics of and the wife and a rental agreement

A hotel bill or leter stating you stay with them for a longer period should do.

What do you mean by a longer period? I'm planning to move to CM around 15 March and my visa extension expires on 12 May, so I can renew from around 12 Apr - 12 May. But I'm planning to leave 15 May or 15 Jun, so I may only be in a week to week apartment? Isn't this acceptable for retirement extension? Other option is to leave Thailand on 12 May and start over when I get back.

I mean i'm not sure if they will extend if you are only staying a few days in CM, they might or might not. So it is better if you show them your intention is to live there for a longer time and settle there. Giving them an explanation, if asked, might be enough. But make sure they undrstand you are not in CM just for a short holiday.

The hotel bill for 1 month should do.

I mean i'm not sure if they will extend if you are only staying a few days in CM, they might or might not. So it is better if you show them your intention is to live there for a longer time and settle there. Giving them an explanation, if asked, might be enough. But make sure they undrstand you are not in CM just for a short holiday.

The hotel bill for 1 month should do.

ok. I might go with plan B and leave before my extension to stay expires and then come back on a tourist visa next time. I plan for CM to be my base for now, but also plan moving around, so a bit difficult for me to prove I'll be in any one place long-term. Easier to leave I think.