1 Year O-A Visa Singapore Pr 50+ In Singapore

I am a Singapore permanent resident. This got me a 1 Year Multi O-A Entry Visa with application in Singapore.

This will probably have a limited audience but may help someone. (THB 25 = S$1 at time of application)

Step 1: Procrastinate, whine, and moan for several months (Optional)

Step 2: Be aware of all documents required (this is the order she asked for when I presented)

a) Summary of application - 1 Copy = this list basically plus a note summarising why I wanted the visa..

b ) Copy of passport front page and Singapore re-entry permit – 1 Copy

c) Copy of Singapore PR card (both sides) – 1 Copy

d) Thai Visa application form – 3 Copies with photos

e) Thai O-A form – 3 Copies with photos

f ) Medical form – 1 Copy **see note

g) Certification of non criminal conviction - 1 Copy **see note

h) Bank statement or proof of earnings – 1 Copy

i) Letter of certification of bank statement 1 Copy

j) Proof of Expiry date of Singapore PR (online screen print) - 1 Copy

k) CV / Resume - 1 Copy

l) Return Flight itinerary - 1 Copy

m) S$250 Cash no change/no refunds

Notes from my experience

Do a general check in advance to make sure you have all the details you need for both forms specifically referee details.

I included “1 Year Multiple Entry” on the application form and my summary of application for duration of proposed stay. It seemed to work. Or maybe they were just in a good mood.

i: Medical - allow at least 2 weeks before submitting visa

I got 4 estimates varying from S$180 to S$500 for this. Nobody had seen the medical form before. Everyone wanted the Mantoux TB skin test, Chest X Ray and syphilis blood test before signing.

Other tests required varied depending on the doctor. I went to the Singapore General Hospital travel clinic and paid S$200. Nice people, it took them 3 days to process. Other places quoted much longer. The tests themselves with waiting lunch and walking around the hospital took most of the day. Take a photocopy of the medical form before you submit it because you only get one copy.

At date of this post, the template medical form on the Singapore Thai embassy site is missing words and has typos. Get the PDF form from the UK Thai embassy site.

ii: Certification for criminal conviction.

The Singapore police force will not issue these certificates for PRs since 2010. The girl I spoke to in the embassy was not aware of this so I included a copy of the notice with my application.

http://www.spf.gov.s...cncc_notice.htm

I did a statutory declaration. Process and basic form is described nicely here.

http://app.subcourts...px?pageid=10152

I created my own declaration and had that certified with a commissioner for Oaths . They sold me an additional service which will get the certification further certified by the Singapore academy of law with a nice wax seal and ribbon. Not sure if this is needed but I took it because it looked cool and very official.

Commissioner stamp and signature S$30 - (same day)

Law Academy certification S$70 (2 days)

If a lawyer creates the statutory declaration for you its probably going to cost you another S$50-S$500 depending on which lawyer you use.

iii: Proof of Expiry Date of PR

You can get that online here - you will need your Singpass

https://erep.ica.gov.sg/erep/index.do

iv: Bank statements/Income etc

I’m not currently working and I was a bit concerned about how to present this. I have 900k THB on deposit in Thailand and was able to show S$100K on deposit in Singapore. I got certified statements for both but they only wanted a copy of Singapore bank certification for the application. They said I would need the Thai one later.

OCBC Singapore charged me S$30 to issue a letter of certification and KBank charged me S$4.

v: Labelling

Put your passport number and IC number on every document you present.

vi: Photos

Note the photo requirements in Singapore - 6 photos with white background. It seems to be 3 elsewhere.

vii: Processing

I dealt with 3 different processing staff . One helpful and efficient, one brusque and efficient, and one I’d rather not deal with again. Apologise go away come back another day and 66% you get a different one.

For the application I queued at the embassy twice at opening time on a Monday and Friday. I got processed in less than 15 minutes both times. When I left there was no queue. On the “real” application I had to come back just before closing time with my flight details and PR form and there was a big queue of interesting girls who appeared to have just got up. So go early @9:30 but don’t bother to queue for opening would be my tip. Collection took 5 mins.

viii: Time

The application took 7 days to process including a weekend. I applied 30 days ahead of my trip because I need to make some other plans depending on approval status . The visa runs from the date of approval so I probably should have left it another couple of weeks.

ix: Whines I noticed in the Queue

There are no photocopying, photo taking facilities in or around the Embassy that are open before 11 AM. If you don't have it with you you will have to come back another day. They won't give any change.