Recommendations For Quality Sports Shoes In Thailand

connda

I've found that virtually everything manufactured for retail in the country has quality problems. Add that to the fact the the same sports shoes I can buy in the US cost me significantly more here in Thailand. Then there is the problem with fit. Things here are not manufactured for farangs.

OK! With that said, there have to be athletic expats who live here and have found success buying sports shoes. I'm specifically looking for cross trainers. I'm at the end of my rope here. The shoes I brought from the US have all wore out and I'm wearing a generic pair of Thai cross trainers that are killing my feet.

If you have been successfully in buying sports shoes that are quality built and that fit, can you share you experience including the type of shoe and it's primary purpose: i.e., cross trainer, running, tennis, etc...... Please!

Thanks in advance.

Edited by connda

• 1 month later...

I finally bit the bullet and went to the local Mall in Chiang Mai (Sports World). Immediately found a pair of Nike Cross-trainer for a reasonable price 2500 baht. I have a US size 10 foot but had to buy size 12 -- nothing new. Here in LOS XL means L, L means M, M means S, and S means Petite. Shoe sizes are the same -- add two sizes to what you'd buy in the West and Bob's your uncle.

Went out walking for the last two days and I love them. I should go back and buy another pair! :)

I finally bit the bullet and went to the local Mall in Chiang Mai (Sports World). Immediately found a pair of Nike Cross-trainer for a reasonable price 2500 baht. I have a US size 10 foot but had to buy size 12 -- nothing new. Here in LOS XL means L, L means M, M means S, and S means Petite. Shoe sizes are the same -- add two sizes to what you'd buy in the West and Bob's your uncle.

Went out walking for the last two days and I love them. I should go back and buy another pair! smile.png

I'd wait a week or two before stocking up.

You would think a size 10 Nike sold in the USA would be the same size as a size 10 Nike sold in Thailand. I can understand the differences between a S, M, L, XL, etc, for different markets, but size 10 is size 10.

Unless they're not made in the same factory as genuine Nike's.

Went out walking for the last two days and I love them. I should go back and buy another pair! smile.png

I'd wait a week or two before stocking up.

You would think a size 10 Nike sold in the USA would be the same size as a size 10 Nike sold in Thailand. I can understand the differences between a S, M, L, XL, etc, for different markets, but size 10 is size 10.

Unless they're not made in the same factory as genuine Nike's.

Not quite.

A size 10 in the UK is equivalent to a size 12 (or 11) in the US and Canada.

You will note above that i have written (or size 11), this is because different webstes have different answers on this but the size number is higher in the US when compared to UK sizes.

Edited by tonytigerbkk