Simple Topic.

Rooo

Waters too warm, but the 10 months i stayed was very enjoyable met plenty of great characters. One very rich Dutchy was so pissed and need ed to go for a crap, he wandered off into the darkness. next thing he walks into the main lamai strip with no pants on jibbering away. The locals rang his GF who took him home. On waking he couldn,t remember much, but GF about 3 days later put 2 and 2 together. She retraced his steps and found in a vacant lot his Trousers with wallet next to his dump. Adrian R.I.P. an English Rock Guitarist recieved a letter at Nakorn which was empty, what a laugh watching him trying to explain why anyone would send him empty envelope, as his brother had sent money not an empty envelope.

I moved to Chaweng in 1997. The streets were still dirt, dusty in dry weather and muddy in wet. Most of the tourists were backpackers and only a few families. There were no closing times for the bars, open all night and day if there were customers. The Islander was the main place to get farang food. It slowly changed, they paved the road, you would wait for hours for the ferry in Donsak, Charlie’s Huts were torn down, Soi Green Mango got paved and closed to traffic and SCB built a bank, Then a McDonalds came and the gates seemed to open, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Pizza Company, Starbucks, Big C, and bungalows being torn down being replaced by high rises. The price rose with the changes. The tourist population slowly changed from backpackers to families. I moved north in 2004 and haven’t been back since. I’m not sure that I would like it today with all of the things that I have read here. It seems that Samui is trying to be a big city on a small island. I guess that I want to remember it like it was, I made friends there, still have friends there and also lost friends there. Maybe I’ll try it again for a short holiday but don’t think that I’ll be moving back anytime soon!