Re-Entry Permits Chaeng Wattana Vs. Suwannaphum

Are re-entry permits issued at the airport any different than the ones issued at Chaeng Wattana Immigration – Ie. Are the permits at the airport only valid for the day of departure, or can they be issued in advance of travel?

I ask only because the airport is more convenient from where I live.

Thanks!

They can only be obtained after check-in for a departing flight .

Lets not give the OP any false information please lopburi3 you of all people should know that you should getting a reentry permit from the airport is very hit and miss..

A re-entry permit must be obtained at the immigration office designated for your area. While it states that in an emergency it can be obtained at the airport no member has yet reported whether or not it is possible.

Source http://www.thaivisa.com/re-entry-permit.html

mods hey, coffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

There is a clearly marked desk open 6AM to midnight, they provide everything you need (form and photo). Not actually used it myself but there is invariably someone processing a re-entry whenever I fly out (twice a month at present).

Lop is quite correct, said desk is only accessible after you have checked-in and passed through security, so is only available for departing passengers.

Slight fee loading (100 Baht IIRC) over the cost from an immigration office.

EDIT Your link gives a 404 error sad.png

There is a clearly marked desk open 6AM to midnight, they provide everything you need (form and photo). Not actually used it myself but there is invariably someone processing a re-entry whenever I fly out (twice a month at present).

Lop is quite correct, said desk is only accessible after you have checked-in and passed through security, so is only available for departing passengers.

Slight fee loading (100 Baht IIRC) over the cost from an immigration office.

EDIT Your link gives a 404 error sad.png

Then you should change the text on this page if it is incorrect

http://www.thaivisa.com/re-entry-permit.html

While on the topic of Re-entry permits, there is also a Re-entry permit desk now at Don Muang passport control for international departures there.

I didn't see a notice specifying hours.

Reportedly open 24 hours aday at Don Muang.

At don Muang it is after passport control, and it is a combined office with paying for overstay. hence it is 24 hours a day open. Notify the immirgaiton official you want a re-entry permit at passport control.