Xxxxl (Thai Size) In Pattaya

billd766

You could order on Ebay from the UK but am sure you would not need anything near that many XXX's as find even xl to be huge with leg openings to fit an elephant. But about 30 kg less.

The XXXXL is the Thai size not the farang size. The last lot I bought was in Enn Zed 3 or 4 years ago and living in rural Thailand there are not that many fat Thais.

Try the market half way down 2nd road on the left they have some XML which will fit

"Half way down 2nd Road" between what and what -- b/t Tai and Klang; Klang and Nua; "X" and "Y"???? I am not aware of any market (several malls, but no open markets) on the left hand side of 2nd Road, going North (which is the only way you can go). Is there a name or location within the market of the shop? Thanks.

I feel your pain and good luck.

I'm an American size XL which is a common size for Americans, hardly difficult to find or exceptional. Here of course it's a major hassle just getting NICE t-shirts in that size. Yes of course it's easy to get copy t-shirts at places like Mike's Mall, but I'm talking about more interesting shirts that people with "normal" Thai sizes can buy. There are so many bigger than Thai tourists and expats here (not to mention Thais are getting fatter), I just don't get why the supply is so hard. Of course there are those so called XL places that still rarely have large sizes and when they do they mostly sell defective factory rejects! I have sometimes seen super large size underwear at those XL style factory outlet places, but never consistently. You just have to shop often and hope to find what you need (or I guess there are always tailors).

Edited by Jingthing

Mikes shopping mall? Seen 4 Xl here. Maybe bigger too. Boxer shorts like CK's etc.

Some of the market stalls in Soi Buakhow ( Tues + Fri ) market.

There is the indoor market on Pattaya Thai between Tuckom and the corner of Thai / 2nd road. Heading down Pattaya Thai from The soi with Tuckom on it towards 2nd road it is on the left. Easy to miss it so keep your eyes open. The entrance is narrow, but once you are inside the market areas is very big. 4Xl and I believe bigger sizes here too.

I got some Addidas shirts yesterday on the second floor at Mike's Shopping Mall. Fake of course but what the hell. I weigh 108 Kg and they fit me fine Size 8XL, never seen that before. PM me if you need verification.

The tag says Made in Singapore, wonder which part of China THAT particular Singapore is in?

As for keks, I bring all mine back from UK or the States when over there. I blame all the small sizes here on the Russians. Daft buggers must be holiday shopping for their drawers before they actually arrive.

• Like 2

Try the market half way down 2nd road on the left they have some XML which will fit

"Half way down 2nd Road" between what and what -- b/t Tai and Klang; Klang and Nua; "X" and "Y"???? I am not aware of any market (several malls, but no open markets) on the left hand side of 2nd Road, going North (which is the only way you can go). Is there a name or location within the market of the shop? Thanks.

Think he may mean "Made in Thailand" market which is almost opposite the new Central Shoping Centre

I Not understand, why The thai Clothes industry, is unable to produce large tshirts and shoes, when millions of tourists from all over the world, visit the country every year!

For me a big bad joke!

Did the mass clothes sellers not recogneized that , this market would have a potential , to make good bisness!? . ?

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

I Not understand, why The thai Clothes industry, is unable to produce large tshirts and shoes, when millions of tourists from all over the world, visit the country every year!

For me a big bad joke!

Did the mass clothes sellers not recogneized that , this market would have a potential , to make good bisness!? . ?

So true. Especially considering the public here accepts the idea of charging more for larger size clothes.

For me a big bad joke!

So true. Especially considering the public here accepts the idea of charging more for larger size clothes.

Its only logical that it cost more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

For me a big bad joke!

Its only logical that it cost more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Logical yes. But my size American XL would not be charged more than adult small in the US. Might cause rights. Talking about plus sizes up from "normal" American big, then yes then you're getting into specialized big and tall shops with a premium. I think there are two markets, everyday big and/or overweight (high volume actually in a tourist area) and supersized (yes more specialized). In the Thai market people accept a premium for both, but for the first level if the premium is too high that would limit sales to tourists. Yes they sell lots of copy stuff large sizes for tourists but I think offering choices of styles available for "normals" would sell as well. Edited by Jingthing

You could order on Ebay from the UK but am sure you would not need anything near that many XXX's as find even xl to be huge with leg openings to fit an elephant. But about 30 kg less.

The XXXXL is the Thai size not the farang size. The last lot I bought was in Enn Zed 3 or 4 years ago and living in rural Thailand there are not that many fat Thais.

bill - don't know if you pick the advert for SLYS boxers above, after post #1. Some bloke with a six-pack which is, frankly, taking the p!ss on this thread ! :0

I am also 120kg and I get my boxers from TESCO in the UK, size XXL. I believe they have larger. The XXL briefs are a bit snug sad.png

I have a bit of room left in my suitcase when I come back to Thailand next week..........

An example is those used to be trendy for Thais STREET SIGN T shirts with the names of Thai towns in Thai and English. Tourists would buy those, I'm sure, but they were never offered in popular BIGGER tourist sizes. In my view, from a business standpoint, simply idiotic.

How is this for "thinking out of the box" in the schmata trade? Produce and sell clothing that FITS people!

Edited by Jingthing

I wonder who makes up the names to fit the shirts. As I said before, I just bought some 8XL shirts, but looking in my closet, I have not even a 3XL shirt and they all fit me the same. Asda in UK are the best I found for my drawers, might need a sailmaker if I get any bigger

In the Thai market people accept a premium for both, but for the first level if the premium is too high that would limit sales to tourists.

Actually accept may not be the proper word - in my repeated experience buying the more expensive 3 paks of xxl in Tesco Lotus here almost always resulted in at least one or two being xl size that someone has removed and replaced (likely to buy at the lower price) in recent years. But perhaps being the larger size this is not a Thai thing but foreigners doing it (although the stores involved (3) are not in tourist or foreigner areas).

i am in the same weight category :)

check out soi buakhao market on tuesday and friday, the cotton boxers(diesel, ck copies) some stalls have them upto size xxxl, i usually fit into xl or xxl

it goes for 100 baht/pair, but can bargain it down to about 80-90, if you happy to take a trip to bkk, can tell you a few places for about 50 baht

An example is those used to be trendy for Thais STREET SIGN T shirts with the names of Thai towns in Thai and English. Tourists would buy those, I'm sure, but they were never offered in popular BIGGER tourist sizes. In my view, from a business standpoint, simply idiotic.

How is this for "thinking out of the box" in the schmata trade? Produce and sell clothing that FITS people!

there is a store in Central and i think also Big C in pattaya north, do not recall the name(so do not shoot me) i think its called imported warehouse or something like that, they have large sizes in everything.

if anyone really needs it, pm me and i will take a drive to get the name right

130 kg same,, Marks and Spencer in UK xxl i stock up when there, maybe somebody could post or maybe they have online where you can buy or maybe ebay worth a shot. other half keeps promising to bring some down from MBK in BKK but forgets, as said xl shop Central some time have real big stuff as does Mikes mall.

And if into dress style shirts I have seen 5XL on sale at Soi Buakhow market though the prices do increase with each extra X. You can at least try them on to make sure they fit.

Granted many are check or vertical stripe design but are made of cotton.

I bought 4XL there a few months back when my weight ballooned to 110+ kilos due to an accident and immobility.

I agree that the Buakao market (tue, fri) is the best shoppingground for us well built falangs!

If you ever go to Bkk, I found that MBK 6;th floor is a pure goldmine for us!

Amja

Edited by Phil Conners
all-bold font removed. See forum rules.

Think he may mean "Made in Thailand" market which is almost opposite the new Central Shoping Centre

I got here yesterday afternoon and I took a wander down 2nd road and eventually found Made in Thailand after going past it once. I didn't find any in there and Mikes had some "genuine" fakes but at the label price of 1,350 baht each, buy 3 and get one free so I passed on that.

I will take another look today. My hotel is on Soi Buakao but I am going back home on Tuesday morning.

On a lighter note I saw more farang ladies last night in a couple of hours than I see up in rural Thailand in a year.

I agree that the Buakao market (tue, fri) is the best shoppingground for us well built falangs!

Amja

Firstly thank you for all the replies as it seems to have shown that there is a demand that needs filling.

My problem is that I live in rural Thailand about 40km from BKK or Chiang Mai and 500km from Pattaya.

I have come to Pattaya to check out and buy a motorbike for a friend and I am taking the opportunity to do some shopping for things that are hard to find around my way. So far I have all I wanted plus a couple of bonus item such as a decent baking tray and a jar of mincemeat to try making mince pies but no underwear and no motorbike as I am meeting the motorbike guy later this morning.

I will look

Amja

Firstly thank you for all the replies as it seems to have shown that there is a demand that needs filling.

My problem is that I live in rural Thailand about 40km from BKK or Chiang Mai and 500km from Pattaya.

I have come to Pattaya to check out and buy a motorbike for a friend and I am taking the opportunity to do some shopping for things that are hard to find around my way. So far I have all I wanted plus a couple of bonus item such as a decent baking tray and a jar of mincemeat to try making mince pies but no underwear and no motorbike as I am meeting the motorbike guy later this morning.

I will look

That market is only open on Tuesday and Friday, BUT do not panic, tonight Sunday night head over to Theaparsit night market, same sellers. I think it starts around 6pm and finish around midnight.

Keep your eyes out for 100% cotton boxers, in variety brands(diesel, ck, gstar,armani-all fakes of course) do note being 100% cotton they wear out pretty fast so buy enough, also i noticed gstar and diesel seem to be little thicker, better quality and slightly bigger also