New Songs Being Played In Bars -overkill

britmaveric

There seems to be a number of songs in Patters that become particularly popular in the bars, so much that the song instantly becomes annoying after the millionth time played. Please keep this to recent songs recorded in 2005-2006.

I'll start......

My Hump - Black Eye Peas

Don't Cha - Pussy Cat Dolls

There seems to be a number of songs in Patters that become particularly popular in the bars, so much that the song instantly becomes annoying after the millionth time played. Please keep this to recent songs recorded in 2005-2006.

I'll start......

My Hump - Black Eye Peas

Don't Cha - Pussy Cat Dolls

And there is actually some really good music out this year,bit like in the mid 90s.On saying that,i very much doubt that any of it will reach the pattaya bar scene.

She works on the round-a-bout bar in Soi Diamond (opposite the hotel of same name and just a minutes walk from the rip off smelly toilets-5 bt used to be 50 satang./p)

Anyway said her name was Alice and she told me that she had just started in the bar that day and never had a boyfriend....so nice and genunine...came from Koe-latt..

Went back to see her a couple of times afterwards but recon she must have started her English lessons and/or gone back home to be an "Anjarn" and teach all of the little local kiddies in her village...so sweet......

That was the summer of 1984 but...so.. its not quite 24 years yet..she did say that she would be back.... but..... :o

Take me to de Hooooooooooo.....telllllllllllllllllllll Calllllllllllllllllllllllllll if phorn.......a....its a veely nice playy... :D

Old song, but it is annoying! :o

Oddly enough, that is one song I have yet to hear since I got back last November.

I'd add

Nasty Girl and

Superstar to the list of overplayed songs.

I think these are older numbers but 'the numa song/dragostea din tai' as alexth mentioned, 'you promise me' & the punjabi MC toon (dunno what its called).

They feature in running order on this one CD that all the go-gos seem to have. Seriously overplayed but the cheese factor brings a smile to the face!!!! :o

• 2 years later...

Music? Who the hel_l goes to Pattaya beer bars to listen to music?

Only jokin'

Back in the 90's it was Wind of change and Everything I do (theme from Robin Hood) plus of course Hotel Calif.

I've just about got to the point I can tolerate them but my legs still instictively carry me out the bar when they come on.

Of course with live bands you can always look forward to Yerrow Libber :D .

Don't really mind what they play as long as it is a mix of musical genres and ages. The bars in KL used to drive me nuts, up to 10pm they were great and playing a good mix of music. But at 10 it was turned over to the DJ which inevitably meant ©Rap, constant and no request was considered unless it was ©rap. Actually it was a blessing in disguise as that was usually the end of happy hour when the beer went to circa 5 GBP per pint :o . Thus it was outski and find a small bar at a reasonable price with often Chinese music.

No-one's mentioned The Ketchup Song (Asereje) by Las Ketchup, bloody annoying. Also Mambo No.5 - Lou Bega, Rock DJ - Robbie Williams and We're Going To Ibiza - The Vengaboys. All extremely 'orrible after millions of plays.

Recent songs I never tire of hearing, however are This Love - Maroon 5 and Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton, or the wonderful version by Il Divo.

Last year (and probably this) everyone was playing Hips Don't Lie - Shakira.

Mind you, you can never have enough of Shakira. :o

The Bangla beat/Punjabi MC one was indeed quite catchy and it appears on at least 5 compilation CD's I bought along with One Night in Bangkok by Vinylshakerz, Miya Hee by Dragostea din tei and the unforgetable Crazy Frog !

Last year (and probably this) everyone was playing Hips Don't Lie - Shakira.

Mind you, you can never have enough of Shakira. :o

The Bangla beat/Punjabi MC one was indeed quite catchy and it appears on at least 5 compilation CD's I bought along with One Night in Bangkok by Vinylshakerz, Miya Hee by Dragostea din tei and the unforgetable Crazy Frog !

Oh ! and Gnarls Berkley's CRAZY (they are all coming back to me now)

name='PhilHarries' date='2008-10-01 11:03:58' post='2247561']

Of course with live bands you can always look forward to Yerrow Libber :D .

Phil baby, this is pattaya's true Anthem.

Yellow Liver :D:D:D

:o

Another is.... 'Cant Lib Wibhout Shoe' ......... (I Can't Live Without You'

Edited by TEFLMike

Good to see things haven't changed much in the two years that this thread sat idle ! :o

If the Eagles were earning royalties every time Hotel California was played in Pattaya, they'd be so rich they wouldn't need any other income !

I must have heard that song 7,468 times in Pattaya alone. Wonder if we could get that into the Guinness Book of Records ? :D

• 2 years later...