When Is The Best Time To Renew My Non-O Marriage Stamp Extension And Have 400K Thb In My Bank?

Maybe thy will not issue another extension following a 60 day extension.

Maybe that is what the 2-3 months is about.

no nothing to do with the other 60 day extension

THEY ARE NOT ISSUING EXTENSIONS BASED ON MARRIAGE AT THIS TIME my wife and the immigration officer speak fluent english there is no misunderstanding or crossed wires they told me i will have to go to lao and get a multi entry

If that was truly the case we certainly would of heard of it from other members. I certainly would of protested to them about this and asked for some explanation and/or asked for a supervisor.

Their has been no official announcement from immigration that I know of.

• 2 weeks later...

If that was truly the case we certainly would of heard of it from other members. I certainly would of protested to them about this and asked for some explanation and/or asked for a supervisor.

Their has been no official announcement from immigration that I know of.

It appears to be an arbitrary, local 'decision' but it will be interesting to see if anyone else with a multiple Non-O that has already been extended at least once in Jomtien also gets suddenly knocked back. Since Thai missions in KL, Vientiane and Savannakhet are slowly turning off the tap on the Thai spouse reason for a multi Non-O, after giving the applicant a single-entry and refering them to internal Thai immigration department, one could find oneself bouncing out of the country every 3 months to get another single entry. That would be a pain in the arse but a huge inconvenience for the married or retired applicant who is striving for eventual PR qualification or similar through having consecutive extension approvals.

Edited by NanLaew

• 1 month later...

Alright, as an update of my status, here are some facts and questions:

I went to TMB at Changwattana the other day asking for the letter from the bank. They said that they need one day to get it done.

Now here is the situation:

I plan to submit my renewal non-o extension on April 5th. I got the 400k+ in my account since February 5th. As it will take one day to process the letter, I will ask the bank on Thursday, April 4th. And, normally, I'll get the letter the next day, Friday April 5th. However, the letter would have April 4 as a date, which is not technically 2 months (2 months - 1 day). As a result, does it matter or should i wait at least the letter to be two months?

PS; I could wait for the following week to submit my application, but the problem is that it will be Songkran and if they ask me for extra documents (we never know), I won't have enough time to get them maybe, as the "cutoff" date is April 17.

Do it the next week would be the safe answer - don't see Songkram being an issue. But believe it would likely be accepted as end of 4th would be two months and expect you will need a transaction on the 5th to prove still in account anyhow.

Thank you, lopburi3. That's what I thought too.

Another question: Will they ask me any documents from the embassy or any other extra docs?

Last year when I applied for the first time, they asked for my rental agreement, which I had to come back the next day as I didn't carry it with me plus 4 pictures printed on glossy paper showing the house, etc.

As you are using bank deposit there should not be any Embassy requirement. I would have a new set of photos in case asked and the rental paperwork. But should be same things as last time and maybe not those. Be sure wife brings her ID card and Home register copies.

As an update, I just called the Immigration Hotline (1111), which told me that April 8 is a bank holiday. So, the immigration is closed on that day. I asked the officer if they would accept the letter from the bank dated on Friday, April 5th, knowing that I'd go there to renew on Tuesday, April 9. He said OK.

I was relieved but then I'm sure if he understood what I asked him though. According to reports I read, the letter shouldn't be older than one day. Even though I had an oral confirmation, it doesn't mean it will be applied on the field, especially here.

Any suggestions about that?

However, the letter would have April 4 as a date, which is not technically 2 months (2 months - 1 day). As a result, does it matter or should i wait at least the letter to be two months?

Just curious but I always thought the 2 month was just an allowance for your first year

I thought thereafter you had to have the funds seasoned for 3 months?

Can anyone verify? Just curious

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I have been replacing my visa with successful applications in Singapore to date. I am now planning to extend my visa with citizenship in mind. I have 2 months and 3 days before my current visa expires and have not kept my balance above 400K. By the time I transfer money in, it will be precisely 2 months, or 1 day under. I do work for a Thai limited company of which I also own 49% and am a named director.

What evidence must I provide to demonstrate my income? Are bank statements showing regular receipt of funds a requirement, or can my company issued a letter? I have annual tax receipts for calendar year 2011 and 2012.

Thanks in advance.

If you have an income of 40K or more you would need to show tax payments for that income and a work permit to prove you are working legally.

If you can't make the salary you could get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. Just take wife with you to immigration with her house book ID card and marriage certificate. Copies of your passport photo page, visa and entry stamp plus copy of TM6 departure card. Then do your 1 year extension during the last 30 days of this extension.

Edited by ubonjoe