Hotel Scam?

Sydneycraig

Staying in a hotel ... I haven't told anyone I'm here but I get a call from reception who put a girl on saying she is looking for me (my full name and where I'm from!) saying they are looking for my wife ... I say wrong person and hang up .... But strange ... What may they be upto?!

Wrong Number? Wait they knew your name! The plot thickens.....My money is on the receptionists sexy 21 year old sister wanted an introduction and date. You may have missed out on an oportunity of a life time. This time next year you could have had a sexy young wife on your arm!

Ring reception now, better still run down there and sort it out.......

• Like 2

Finding out whether you are in your room? What kind of security system does the hotel have? If it is a traditional key then they have no way of knowing if you are in your room and, if they were looking to steal from your room, they could easily find out this way. Reception know your full name, where you are from and whether you are travelling alone or not so there is no surprise that a call from reception has these details (including another woman/member of staff who is a woman).

• Like 2

Of course in China they normally bypass the front desk altogether and come knocking on your door, a little annoying if you're trying to sleep but if not somewhat flattering that they make all that effort....oh, those amorous Asians, don't you just love 'em.

Could have been just a joke by the hotel staff.

I know in my hotel i have played some pranks on the guests.

Naturally guests who were "fun and friendly"

Just as example, one guy was very worried about ending up with a ladyboy, so when he brought a girl back, i scanned her id card(in my hotel we keep id cards of joiner), and changed from Miss to Mr.

After the girl left, all the staff(girls) asked him how it was with a ladyboy, he denied being with one, so they showed him the "photocopy/my scan"

Naturally hotel bar that day did really well,biggrin.png

• Like 1

Just as example, one guy was very worried about ending up with a ladyboy, so when he brought a girl back, i scanned her id card(in my hotel we keep id cards of joiner), and changed from Miss to Mr.

After the girl left, all the staff(girls) asked him how it was with a ladyboy, he denied being with one, so they showed him the "photocopy/my scan"

I hope you let him in on the joke later

I hope you let him in on the joke later

sure i did, after he finished bottle of tequila and bottle of scotch.biggrin.png

i would be very afraid if i were you, this is a typical ploy of identity thieves.

They are trying to establish whether or not you will be missed.

Now, knowing you are unattached, they will likely inject a special soporific gas beneath the door while you sleep and bundle you out of the room in a laundry cart.

You will awake in an ice-filled bathtub with one lung and your kidneys missing and while you lie there they will administer a truth serum until they gain all your passwords account numbers and pins.

using modern facial reconstruction and skin bleaching techniques a pre-op lady boy will then made to look exactly like you and begin to live your life slowly draining your accounts so as not to arouse suspicion.

they tried it on me, but i covered my nose and mouth with a pair of soiled boxer shorts which are known to counteract the sleeping gas. I then junk-punched the lady boy and made my escape.

But for a dodgy shrimp, it is unlikely i would have lived to tell the tale.

seriously, why not go downstairs and ask for an explanation? if you are truly concerned, check out

Agreed , this is being orchestrated. Goes to show how careful you have to be, being a farang in a strange place.