Kx 250/450 In Stock

yankee99

Did you happen to see the prices

I see what your saying about plating them I've been riding my crf around for 8 months only on roads between trails with no problems so far I always have the plate and tax in my bag ,the thing with these kawas is it only takes a oliceman to take a liking to it and you've lost it.

^^^I have a klx and its plated for the road same as your crf. I doubt the police can just take your legally purchased kx. I am sure they have penaltys for ridong a off road vehicle on the road. This is the same as in the usa.

I asked the price but fogot i think the 250 was 340,000baht

I noticed them in my local Bangkok branch last week.

Alot of money and who would buy the 250 when you can have the 450 for some 30k more

Of course there are cc regulations for some competitions, but most will buy the bigger brother.

I nearly sat on one until i realised they have no kick stand. The bike only had a short steal pole propping it up, i would have looked a right dick if i dropped it thinking the side stand was down :D

^^^I have a klx and its plated for the road same as your crf. I doubt the police can just take your legally purchased kx. I am sure they have penaltys for ridong a off road vehicle on the road. This is the same as in the usa.

Yeah the problem is the penalty is whatever the police decide,I reckon I could quite easily get away with it where I am ,the problem starts if you get caught once they're then on the look out for you and I doubt there be to happy if you continue ignoring there instructions to not ride on the road,great bikes though shame I don't have that much spate cash to lay out for a pure off road bike.

• Like 1

That's great news about the availability......more is better here in Thailand IMO.

I've asked Kawasaki several times about the KLX450R (similar to the KX, but road register-able - at least in OZ) - but the answer is always a big NO... :(

Shame, cause it would be a great bike I reckon!

KLX450R

screenshot25560205at213.png

^^ True - but I think it could be made pretty manageable - changing oil/filters checking valves etc is not too bad IMO, just the cost impact of course.

But certainly more maintenance than the likes of the CRF250L and KLX250S etc....

For those who wanna see the KX450F in action, I think this is a pretty sweet ride:

• Like 2

Iirc this subject came up before and the answer was (thai) law states any unregistered vehicle CAN be impounded only IF its driving on a public road

(unable to show PorRorBor + plate + insurance for 3rd parties is enough grounds to impound )

similar rule applies to 4x4 quad bikes and trikes if you ride them on the beach or any roads outside private property

Apparently ,when driving any vehicle on a road you must to be able to produce a copy of the green book on the spot if requested and i learned this one the hard way when i had my versys detained at a 3am roadside shakedown while i was made to taxi home to get the green book,passport,visa ,work permit... blink.png

Since TiT ,the police may let you buy it back after impound but theres the risk one of them would rather keep it for himself

not a risk i would take with a 340-400k bike

i sold my er6n to a young thai ,he had just had an illegal hayabusa seized and he said the cop who seized it wouldnt budge or let him pay any price to get it back sad.png

same happened to one of his friends, had a cbr1000rr impounded but his dad went to the copshop and they got it back for 100k

both cases happened in rayong last year ,i havent heard of any bikes confiscated since but i keep in touch with those guys still and none of them ride dodgy bikes anymore wai.gif

Edited by YipYipYa123
  • Like 2

Iirc this subject came up before and the answer was (thai) law states any unregistered vehicle CAN be impounded only IF its driving on a public road

(unable to show PorRorBor + plate + insurance for 3rd parties is enough grounds to impound )

similar rule applies to 4x4 quad bikes and trikes if you ride them on the beach or any roads outside private property

Apparently ,when driving any vehicle on a road you must to be able to produce a copy of the green book on the spot if requested and i learned this one the hard way when i had my versys detained at a 3am roadside shakedown while i was made to taxi home to get the green book,passport,visa ,work permit... blink.png

Since TiT ,the police may let you buy it back after impound but theres the risk one of them would rather keep it for himself

i sold my er6n to a young thai ,he had just had an illegal hayabusa seized and he said the cop who seized it wouldnt budge or let him pay any price to get it back sad.png

same happened to one of his friends, had a cbr1000rr impounded but his dad went to the copshop and they got it back for 100k

both cases happened in rayong last year ,i havent heard of any bikes confiscated since but i keep in touch with those guys still and none of them ride dodgy bikes anymore wai.gif

I just dont see them catching me on a hyabusa or cbr1000rr. tongue.png

• Like 1

^^ True - but I think it could be made pretty manageable - changing oil/filters checking valves etc is not too bad IMO, just the cost impact of course.

But certainly more maintenance than the likes of the CRF250L and KLX250S etc....

For those who wanna see the KX450F in action, I think this is a pretty sweet ride:

Its certainly up to the job and them go pro cameras are pretty amazing too,see the height they get on the jumps and the camera makes it look so smooth.

Imagine lending one of them guys your crf or klx I don't think it would survive 1 lap........lol

Police has to make sure that people stick to the law. Of course they can take away your bike if there is the strong suspicion that you would just keep on riding the unplated bike on public roads. This is as in every other country and isn't meant as punishment. It is to keep danger away from the public. Like they would take your knife if you are going to attack someone with it.

For me this is OK. Traffic in Thailand is crazy enough :)

I just dont see them catching me on a hyabusa or cbr1000rr. tongue.png

The bikes the police have couldnt catch a honda click laugh.png but occasionally they can manage to block a road effectively and force all the

lanes into a narrow bottleneck ........

a couple of times theyve tried to run out and grab me off the bike when i didnt acknowledge them waving me to pull over smile.png