Anyone Had Experiences With Nsr250?

barefoot1988

I had a chance upon a excellent condition nsr250 pgm2, the one older model without pro arm and dry clutch. The owner is asking for 90k, plated. Come with both racing fairing, stock fairing, tyga full system and original one. Only thing missing are the stock step lever and triple clamp replaced by aftermarket ones

Do you guys think its a fair deal here? should i jump on it? its been fully rebuilt up, its a unbelievable ride as far i had test rode it, but would a later mode pgm4 with pro arm and dry be enough of the difference to wait for it?

If you like 2 stroke bikes nsr250 is a legend and there are not many around.

But 90 k for a 20 years old bike with no parts, possible problems and availibility of proper mechanics to fix it are some concers you have to face.

But if you are an enthusiastic guy knows these bikes, just go forward, have a blast and laugh to owners of 500 - 650cc bikes while passing them:D

90k seems steep to me even for a mint example.

I've seem good late models selling for 55-65k but the older model might be a little rarer here in LOS?

90k as i said above is rich, perhaps the owner is trying to make back money he's invested into it, but it certainly isn't worth anywhere near 90k.

i had a program II, it went like snot and i never had any trouble sourcing parts. every bit as fast as my nc30 which i owned at the same time. 90k is steep. i paid 55k k for it say 12 years ago and sold it for 60 last year. biggest mistake i have ever made.

i sold my nc 30 at the same time and planned to by one of the newer bikes, but to be honest nothing out in thailand now appeals.

as i said 90k is pretty steep, but 2 exhausts, and and 2 complete fairings and other mods may be worth an extra few k if they are useful to you

Edited by candypants
  • Like 1

NSR 250........ awesome bike!!! No real life experience only with the 150SP.

there not many for sale, so difficult to judge,or compare. 90K might be a bit high but it all depends what new parts have been installed during that rebuild, looking at the tyga site, some OEM NSR ( engine) parts can be quite expensive, extra fairing and exhaust... it all adds up.

Problaly the seller spend quite some money on it and wants to see some of it back.( can you blame him) if the rebuild have been doen well it might be worth the higher price.

But stay cautious, these bikes can be money pitts.(like any other older special bikes)

• Like 1