Ebay - Can I Be Sure That The Buyer Will Send Payment

scorecard

I have never used ebay and I know zero about how it works.

The first question that comes to mind is the payment 'process'.

- Can I request payment before I send the goods?

- If not, is there any form of guarantee that the buyer will pay? Etc.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Always use paypal and wait for payment to clear and paid into account-using paypal gives you extra protection,

Seeing payments for individual transactions go into my paypal account is usually good enough for me . . . you could be waiting for a while to see it go into your bank account, depending on where you bank.

After a while I then transfer larger lump sums to my bank account.

Edited by Trembly

Always use paypal and wait for payment to clear and paid into account-using paypal gives you extra protection,

Seeing payments for individual transactions go into my paypal account is usually good enough for me . . . you could be waiting for a while to see it go into your bank account, depending on where you bank.

Thanks for all for the prompt and valuable comments.

I guess in summary:

- Don't send the goods until you get paid

- If the buyer has hesitation about paying first then look for another buyer

- Use PayPal as the payment method.

Actually I'm looking for a way to sell a collection of Beatles 45s.

Any suggestions other than EBay would be much appreciated, thanks.

Not sure If I'm allowed to mention the records / Ebay, mods please remove that detail if I'm breaking forum rules.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

I've yet to go on it but DealFish is being advertised as Thailand's eBay. Amazon is another international online market place for second hand goods that works in a similar way to eBay.

If you haven't already done so, see if you can find the going rates for the same records on those sites.

Edited by Trembly

I make and sell stuff on ebay.Always use paypal and never send anything before payment is confirmed.With ebay you can put a reserve price on your collection.Buyers can't see the price but they can ask you via email or ebay messaging.Putting a reserve price on something costs about $1 but if you think your collection is in any way valuable then it could be worth it.

There's plenty of alternative sites but ebay gets the most traffic.Here's a site that might interest you.No idea if it's any good but you might get an estimate on the value of your stuff. http://www.beatleauction.com/

I make and sell stuff on ebay.Always use paypal and never send anything before payment is confirmed.With ebay you can put a reserve price on your collection.Buyers can't see the price but they can ask you via email or ebay messaging.Putting a reserve price on something costs about $1 but if you think your collection is in any way valuable then it could be worth it.

There's plenty of alternative sites but ebay gets the most traffic.Here's a site that might interest you.No idea if it's any good but you might get an estimate on the value of your stuff. http://www.beatleauction.com/

Thanks for all for the prompt and valuable comments.

I guess in summary:

- Don't send the goods until you get paid

- If the buyer has hesitation about paying first then look for another buyer

- Use PayPal as the payment method.

Actually I'm looking for a way to sell a collection of Beatles 45s.

Any suggestions other than EBay would be much appreciated, thanks.

Not sure If I'm allowed to mention the records / Ebay, mods please remove that detail if I'm breaking forum rules.

A collection of Beatles 45s, that`s very interesting.

I`m no expert, but guess the value depends on the condition of the 45s and whether or not they still have they`re original sleeves.

Some years ago my Aunt had a load of old original 78s by well known singers and bands, dating right back to the 1920s. Unfortunately most were scratched, many of the sleeve covers were either torn or missing. She went to some places to have them valued and the verdict was, worthless, because of the poor condition they were in. I can remember that in the end my Aunt sold them all off at a local car boot sale. Think she managed to get £5 for the lot.

If your Beatles 45s are in mint condition, which is really what the collectors are interested in, than you could literally name your own price and if this is the case, I would recommend doing some research first on they`re true value and placing them up for auction with Solhebys in London or New York.

Anyhow, just my 10 bahts worth of thought on the subject.