Emergency Measures For Power Shortage

Lite Beer

The Thai government might consider implementing things like better building codes. All new construction in Thailand still uses single pane windows. All new construction is still only 7mm thick brick or concrete with ZERO insulation. Get rid of these silly single room split air conditioners, I spend more on electricity here in Thailand to keep a small house cool at 28c than I spent in Florida to cool a large home to 23c.

I've built several houses in Thailand, and all are naturally cool in daytime. One has an AC unit but it's never turned on. Two basic reasons; The houses are built smart to stay cool on sunny days, and the people who reside in them don't need polar temperatures.

The Thai government might consider implementing things like better building codes. All new construction in Thailand still uses single pane windows. All new construction is still only 7mm thick brick or concrete with ZERO insulation. Get rid of these silly single room split air conditioners, I spend more on electricity here in Thailand to keep a small house cool at 28c than I spent in Florida to cool a large home to 23c.

I've built several houses in Thailand, and all are naturally cool in daytime. One has an AC unit but it's never turned on. Two basic reasons; The houses are built smart to stay cool on sunny days, and the people who reside in them don't need polar temperatures.

roof/loft wall insulation will go a long way to keeping temps down also light colored roof tiles to reflect the sun, I've stayed on the top floor of a condo building and had to move because it was too hot