Sending Documents For Visa Support

I use DHL every time by using the DHL Service Point

http://www.dhlservicepoint.co.uk/

For documents its 35 pound and you take your paperwork to a service point, check out the website as there in places like Staples, WH Smith & Ryman. You dont need an envelope as they provide that, they customs seal it there and then so it wont be opened at the other end and give you the tracking number. You can then track online as the journey happens where your parcel is. Last one I sent it was a Friday and it got delivered in Bangkok Monday, really good service and well worth the money so you know your paperwork is safe.

Andy

I use DHL every time by using the DHL Service Point

http://www.dhlservicepoint.co.uk/

For documents its 35 pound and you take your paperwork to a service point, check out the website as there in places like Staples, WH Smith & Ryman. You dont need an envelope as they provide that, they customs seal it there and then so it wont be opened at the other end and give you the tracking number. You can then track online as the journey happens where your parcel is. Last one I sent it was a Friday and it got delivered in Bangkok Monday, really good service and well worth the money so you know your paperwork is safe.

Andy

thanks mate really helpful

• 1 month later...

We generally use Royal Mail international signed for.

Do you use International Signed For in tandem with Airmail Printed Papers? Or would a file of supporting docs be classed as a small packet?

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone give me a steer on sending from UK to Thailand please. I'm sending one folder of original documents plus one folder of copies. Total weight is the best part of 3kg.

Royal Mail looks by far the cheapest for this weight but says "The only items that can be sent between 2kg and 5kg are Printed Papers".

Airmail Printed Papers

The right choice if you:

• are sending books, magazines, newspapers, leaflets and pamphlets abroad
  • only include a letter relating to the contents, but no other personalised correspondence.

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder/printed-papers

Can anybody confirm what they mean by "personalised correspondence"?

'International signed for' is more appropriate for the contents. Printed papers are likely to have a low intrinsic/replacement value whereas the documents sent for the application are almost 'priceless'!

If necessary split them down to 2Kg bundles. They are (from memory) only trackable on-line until they leave the UK. Then you need to deal with the Thai end. It is a fully trackable service and a signature is required. Worked well for us and not too expensive.

Thanks for replying Bob. Couldn't get my head round the Royal Mail website, so drove to a post office.

I thought the docs could still be sent as "printed papers" (extra cost for weight over 2kg) plus "international signed for", but they said if over 2kg would have to send by Parcelforce, for about £75 I think.

So you're spot on. They need to be sent individually for about £23 each. The woman said to cover in bubble wrap and they'd send in the usual polythene envelope but I don't fancy that. Will make a dash to a stationers tomorrow morning to see what kind of boxes are available.

Royal Mail signed for is also trackable all the way. Thai Post use the same number system. Royal Mail say that you can't track it once it's left the UK, but you can :)

i used royal mail and no problems. like bifftastic said, its tracable all the way

Just out of interest how do you do this? The barcode reference for my international signed for packages works in the Royal Mail website but not here below:

http://track.thailandpost.co.th/trackinternet/Default.aspx