Science Min Pushing Thailand To Be Bioplastic Hub Of Asean

webfact

Science Min pushing Thailand to be bioplastic hub of ASEAN

BANGKOK, 18 February 2013 (NNT) – The Science and Technology Ministry is pushing Thailand to become a bio-plastic hub of ASEAN within 3 years as well as to improve and preserve the environment.

newsjs

Science and Technology Minister Worawat Uea-apinyakul said the ministry is cooperating with the National Innovation Agency and the Thai Bioplastics Industry Association in helping Thai bio-plastic entrepreneurs enhance their business capacity by transforming cassava into bio-plastics to replace polyethylene plastics which are very harmful to the nature.

He is targeting to make Thailand the bio-plastic hub of the ASEAN region within 3 years’ time.

The minister said that the bio-plastic industry first started in Thailand in 2004, and has since been very profitable given it has created up to six-fold increase in added-value for cassava.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2013-02-18 footer_n.gif

so after the :

book hub of the world

Airline hub for the region

Fashion hub for the world

Millionaire hub who buy privilege card

Another Hub for plastic stuff ..... So much projects of hub and nothing ever happened ...... we still can dream about that one for another few years ...

Hub this, hub that!! F*&king boring Thailand government! At the moment it is the hub of F^%k all apart from corruption and fooling itself that it is going to be a major player in ASEAN!! The whole system really needs to look at itself, find the faults and fix them before trying to run with the rest of the world.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21495707

• Like 2

Thailand is certainly an excellent test ground for it. wink.png

From this

plasticsdebris.jpg

To this

biodegradable-plastic.jpg

I got told that the rubbish on the beaches in Thailand comes from Indonesia and Myanmar and not from Thailand.

I found it remarkable that Indonesia and Myanmar changed to Thai letters.....as all the writing looked very Thai on the rubbish.

• Like 1

I got told that the rubbish on the beaches in Thailand comes from Indonesia and Myanmar and not from Thailand.

I found it remarkable that Indonesia and Myanmar changed to Thai letters.....as all the writing looked very Thai on the rubbish.

Of course the rubbish on the beach doesn't come from Thailand!

It's only the rubbish UNDER the beach that is home made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6G_AFVZsEw

There's that word again, it's catching , noticed a few hubs cropping up in OZcheesy.gif

They said Hubs not Pubs.. cheesy.gif

Seriously, Thailand has a very high opinion of themselves... they want to be the Hub of everything in Asia.. I've only been in Thailand for 7 years and every month they are predicting a new HUB. coffee1.gif

• Like 1