Spice Added To Bangkok Governor Poll: Fake Celebrity Photos Used To Boost Profiles

webfact

Spice added to governor poll

Budsarakham Sinlapalavan,

Attayuth Bootsripoom

The Nation

30200459-01_big.jpg

Real and fake celebrity photos, quotes used to boost profiles

BANGKOK: -- One thing is clear about the upcoming Bangkok gubernatorial election: people are still divided on whom they will vote for - as evidenced when celebrities and high-profile figures are no longer shy and publicly express their political stances.

newsjs

Well-known Thai Rath newspaper cartoonist Chai Ratchawat showed his support for the Democrat Party's MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra.

"I will vote for No 16 to be the Bangkok governor. I don't favour Sukhumbhand [very much], but I don't like the Pheu Thai Party," he said.

Vasit Dejkunjorn, a high-profile retired policeman and Thailand National Artist for 1998, said the Yingluck Shinawatra government is ruling the country with populist policies, so he won't vote for a candidate from the Pheu Thai Party. He feared a Pheu Thai-supported governor would use the Bangkok budget to serve his own populist policies. "So I will vote for Sukhumbhand," he said.

Their quotes were posted as opinion leaders and shared in social media.

On the other side, Nuannoi Timkul or "Kru Noi", who founded the Baan Kru Noi charity home for underprivileged children, showed her support for Pheu Thai candidate No 9 Pongsapat Pongcharoen. She led children to support Pongsapat on Febuary 18 when the candidate visited Rat Burana district to make a campaign speech. She displayed a poster that read, "Love Pongsapat because he helps poor people".

In 2010, Pongsapat helped Nuannoi to open a bank account and called for donations for pay her debts after she was forced to borrow money from loan sharks to keep her charity home open.

Prachai Leophairatana, chief executive officer of Thai Petrochemical Industry (TPI) said Pongsapat visited the TPI headquarters on February 5.

"I want Pongsapat to develop Bangkok with good policies," Prachai said, and invited TPI officers to vote for Pongsapat too.

Most supporters of independent candidate Suharit Siamwalla are artists - such as Tul Waitoonkiat, lead singer of Apartment Khunpa, DJ Palm Thitawin Kamjareun and DJ Seed Norasate Mudkong.

Torpong Chantabubpha, or Ball Scrubb, supported Suharit with handmade posters written in Lego saying "Vote17 Suharit" and posted it on Suharit's Facebook page.

An interesting video on YouTube, "Drift for you, Number 9 Pongsapat", was produced to support the candidate by "mga1627" and with a "Dirt3" game with Pongsapat pictures on cars.

Mga1627, the video producer who is a writer of books on computer science, said he favours the Pheu Thai Party. He likes Pongsapat and created the video without being hired.

Meanwhile, some celebrities' pictures were doctored to show they supported candidate No 9. They included Bird Thongchai McIntyre, heartthrob Nadech Kugimiya and boxer Buakaw Por Pramuk.

Bird's pictures were doctored to show him using a cellphone with candidate No 9 on its screen, which was not genuine. Nadech 's photo was also doctored to show him holding Pongsapat's campaign brochure, making him look like a supporter.

Their fan clubs asked if the celebrities' photos in social media were real or doctored. Bird yesterday posted on his Facebook page, "The pictures that show I support a candidate are doctored. I don't support anyone."

Democrat MP Sirichok Sopha has called on the Bangkok election committee to investigate the doctoring of celebrities' photos. This behaviour violates the 2002 electoral law for local administrations. "They try to fool people that celebrities they like support some candidates. And voters tend to follow their beloved celebrities," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2013-02-21

How low do these PTP people stoop in blatant disregard of law. Use of photos and then altering them is a criminal breach of copyright - copyright theft. Yet of course, no one will bring charges. I suppose they feel immune with the Police chief on their side. Amazing Thailand alright...

"... celebrities' pictures were doctored to show they supported candidate No 9. They included Bird Thongchai McIntyre, heartthrob Nadech Kugimiya and boxer Buakaw Por Pramuk."

Edited by Locationthailand

Torpong Chantabubpha, or Ball Scrubb, supported Suharit with handmade posters written in Lego saying "Vote17 Suharit"

only in thailand could this be seen to be of political advantage.

On another note, on sukhumvit past the bus station that someone has spray painted a moustache on Sukhumband's posters

Edited by candypants

How low do these PTP people stoop in blatant disregard of law. Use of photos and then altering them is a criminal breach of copyright - copyright theft. Yet of course, no one will bring charges. I suppose they feel immune with the Police chief on their side. Amazing Thailand alright...

"... celebrities' pictures were doctored to show they supported candidate No 9. They included Bird Thongchai McIntyre, heartthrob Nadech Kugimiya and boxer Buakaw Por Pramuk."

Oh the faux idignation is more than I can stand. Now step away from the propaganda aka the Nation and let's see what actually happened.

"Meanwhile, some celebrities' pictures were doctored to show they supported candidate No 9. They included Bird Thongchai McIntyre, heartthrob Nadech Kugimiya and boxer Buakaw Por Pramuk."

Shock, Horror, and then you read on

"Their fan clubs asked if the celebrities' photos in social media were real or doctored. Bird yesterday posted on his Facebook page, "The pictures that show I support a candidate are doctored. I don't support anyone."

So basically somebody has posted on facebook or whatever photoshopped photos of "celebrities" and the idiot dems are going to ask the Bangkok election to investigate it (hopefully in the chance they can get the PTP dissolved over irregularities no doubt coffee1.gif ).

Hallo, is there anyone sane left in the country?

Torpong Chantabubpha, or Ball Scrubb, supported Suharit with handmade posters written in Lego saying "Vote17 Suharit"

only in thailand could this be seen to be of political advantage.

On another note, on sukhumvit past the bus station that someone has spray painted a moustache on Sukhumband's posters

That's nothing on Suk 107 someone has draw a penis in between the hands of Pongsapat.

It's a natural progression for these types from doctoring audio tapes to instigate violence to doctoring photos to sway voters.

It's a natural progression for these types from doctoring audio tapes to instigate violence to doctoring photos to sway voters.

What exactly are "these types"?

Red Shirted Pheu Thai

Edited by Buchholz

In any case, Mr. T haters better pray Sukhumbhand Paribatra will win, other wise we will see Mr.T shopping in Paragon very very soon,

Why? Is Police General Dr. Pongsapat going to issue a pardon for his fellow policeman and fellow Sam Houston State classmate, Police Lieutenant-Colonel Dr. Thaksin?

Oh the faux idignation is more than I can stand. Now step away from the propaganda aka the Nation and let's see what actually happened.

"Meanwhile, some celebrities' pictures were doctored to show they supported candidate No 9. They included Bird Thongchai McIntyre, heartthrob Nadech Kugimiya and boxer Buakaw Por Pramuk."

"Their fan clubs asked if the celebrities' photos in social media were real or doctored. Bird yesterday posted on his Facebook page, "The pictures that show I support a candidate are doctored. I don't support anyone."

So basically somebody has posted on facebook or whatever photoshopped photos of "celebrities" and the idiot dems are going to ask the Bangkok election to investigate it (hopefully in the chance they can get the PTP dissolved over irregularities no doubt coffee1.gif ).

If you don't want to be dissolved, don't do antything wrong.

That should be easy to understand, even for you...I guess.

• Like 2

In any case, Mr. T haters better pray Sukhumbhand Paribatra will win, other wise we will see Mr.T shopping in Paragon very very soon,

You are saying that if PT/Pongsapat win, Thaksin will be absolved of his crimes.

Please explain how that would happen (assuming Thailand is not a dictatorship).

It's a natural progression for these types(unsubstantiated accusations snipped).

Oh my, you believe it. What exactly are "these types"?

This is what you call "unsubstantiated accusations"

http://www.nationmul...cs_30110998.php

http://www.accessmyl...ployees-sc.html

http://asiancorrespo...tape-an-update/

As everybody knows, SC Asset Corp belongs to the Shinawatras.

Edited by Nickymaster

P.P.P.Poochie.

Do you really think it's acceptable?

Nice to see Prachai Leophairatana mentioned again. For a while he was persona non-grata and one of the more notorious non-performing loners.

Strangely enough in 2009 Pheu Thai party accused the Democrats party to have received THB 259 million in illegal donations from this chap in the lead-up of the 2005 general elections.

How things can change

It's a natural progression for these types(unsubstantiated accusations snipped).

You?

You have just accused me of being the type of person who would fake the abhisit tap, instigate violence and fake celebrities endorsements for the Bangkok Governor.

Now take a long hard look at what you have accused me of and hopefully you'll realise how pathetic both you and your post sound. Seriously, how old are you, 10, 11?

Red Shirted Pheu Thai

Truly pathetic response.

Another of these doctored photos features muay thai champion fighter Buakaw Por Pramuk.

A photo of him has been altered to show him wearing a T-shirt that reflects him supposedly supporting Pheu Thai Party candidate Police General Dr. Pongsapat.

In reality, in the un-doctored photo, it shows Buakaw wearing a T-shirt with singer Pongsit Khamphee on it.

(clearer photo of the one depicted in the OP photo)

474660_zps54bce1c5.jpg

The doctored photo was published on a "Red Club" Facebook page that bore the UDD logo.

Edited by Buchholz

"They try to fool people that celebrities they like support some candidates. And voters tend to follow their beloved celebrities," he said.

People get the government they deserve.

Speak for yourself. A lot of us do not deserve these idiots and con-men

Red Shirted Pheu Thai

Truly pathetic response.

Red Shirts/Pheu Thai/Shinawatra employees were connected with the doctored audiotape and now the Red Shirts are connected with doctored campaign materiala that attempt to benefit Pheu Thai.

Your defense of these deplorable actions is what is truly pathetic.

Edited by Buchholz

P.P.P.Poochie.

Do you really think it's acceptable?

I don't regard it as worthy of extreme moral idignation, No. Remeber it is the Nation that is implying that this is the work of the PTP rather than some kids with a facebook account and it is the dems that are all over it like a bad fitting suit.

Red Shirts/Pheu Thai/Shinawatra employees were connected with the doctored audiotape and now the Red Shirts are connected with doctored campaign materiala that attempt to benefit Pheu Thai.

Your defense of these deplorable actions is what is truly pathetic.

In your opinion that is. No proof of doctored campaign material linked to Pheu Thai/Red Shirts/Shiniwatra/s

As far as the tape was concerned the first of the 3 links provided as "proof" basically said that the dems accused SC Assets of being the source - never proved. The last 2 told the tale of one employee of SC Assets buying a copy of the tape off the street and one other employee making copies of it. Both charged with disemmination. So how are the Red shirts and Pheu Thai or even Shiniwatra connected again - the 2 convicted were employed at SC Assets but not for doctoring or disseminating audio tapes?

Pathetic defences of deplorable actions clap2.gif yeh, right.

You?

You have just accused me of being the type of person who would fake the abhisit tap, instigate violence and fake celebrities endorsements for the Bangkok Governor.

Now take a long hard look at what you have accused me of and hopefully you'll realise how pathetic both you and your post sound. Seriously, how old are you, 10, 11?

LOL. Don't make yourself so important Muttley.

The Abhisit tap was fake and you denied that. In another post I asked you if you understand that if you don’t do anything wrong you won't be dissolved, and in the third post I asked you if you support altering tapes and instigating violence (as a result). You claimed that the tape was real, and it wasn’t..that's even worse. The tape has caused violence and hatred and you still deny it was doctored. So all together I have asked you 2 questions and have clarified 1 lie.

Top police forensic experts insisted yesterday the audio clip featuring the voice of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva ordering security forces to use force with protesters was "100 per cent" doctored

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/09/06/politics/politics_30111574.php

I can imagine that some of my posts have annoyed you but claiming that I have accused you of instigating violence blah blah is really over the top.

As you would say "a truly pathetic response".

Edited by Nickymaster

Another of these doctored photos features muay thai champion fighter Buakaw Por Pramuk.

A photo of him has been altered to show him wearing a T-shirt that reflects him supposedly supporting Pheu Thai Party candidate Police General Dr. Pongsapat.

In reality, in the un-doctored photo, it shows Buakaw wearing a T-shirt with singer Pongsit Khamphee on it.

474660_zps54bce1c5.jpg

The doctored photo was published on a "Red Club" Facebook page that bore the UDD logo.

It would be even more convincing if the second photo held up as the doctored photo (which it is) was the same as the original photo on the left. If you'd taken a closer look buchholz you might have noticed the 2nd photo was taken from a completely different angle - do you see any fisherman behind his left arm in the first photo.

Schoolboy stuff, hardly professional - oh the facebook had a UDD logo - must be Official then whistling.gif

474660_zps54bce1c5.jpg

It would be even more convincing if the second photo held up as the doctored photo (which it is) was the same as the original photo on the left. If you'd taken a closer look buchholz you might have noticed the 2nd photo was taken from a completely different angle - do you see any fisherman behind his left arm in the first photo.

Schoolboy stuff, hardly professional - oh the facebook had a UDD logo - must be Official then whistling.gif

The logic complaning about photo's made during a reportage being made from different angles at the same scene, but showing the same person, escapes me.

Schoolboy stuff, at least when made by red-shirts. Interesting of course is that the red-shirts have no candidate in the Bangkok Governor elections, just want to show they really like this Pol. General who joined Pheu Thai one day before registering as candidate. Obvious out of a genuine concern and urge to help serve the Bangkok unelected elite and other amart.

Edited by rubl

474660_zps54bce1c5.jpg

Well, duh. rolleyes.gif

So a different photo in a series of photos is used to highlight the doctored photo. Does that change that the doctored photo was, in fact, doctored?

Don't let it escape you, others don't, that the doctored photo is a doctored photo of what the Muay Thai champion originally wore on his T-Shirt.

Squirm and twist and defend your Red Shirts' actions at all costs.

cheesy.gif