Thailand Does The ' Harlem Shake'

webfact

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and to think someone calls her hunnybunny...

I think it's a positive step that more women are becoming plumbers.

thumbsup.gif

btw, if she shook to Harlem Shake, like Jerry Lee Lewis used to sing, that'd be a whole lotta shakin' goin' on.

She gives cleaining your pipes a new meaning.

• Like 1

You know it is big when all your students are downloading it and dancing to it. For those that think is a bad thing. Do you remember when mom and dad said rock n roll would be the end of the world. Or some of the moves we made disco dancing.

Disco Duck

chubbawabab (or something like that)

YMCA

chicken dance

and on and on and on

YouTube viewership catapults Harlem Shake to top of Billboard chart

NEW YORK: -- Harlem Shake, a song that led thousands of fans to upload themselves dancing to the catchy beat, has landed on top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart after Billboard said it would include YouTube statistics in the metrics used to compile the list.

Harlem Shake will debut at number one on the singles chart this week, making it the first song by a virtually unknown artist to land at the coveted place in Billboard’s history.

Billboard, along with Nielsen - the company responsible for tracking the popularity of songs - are now using YouTube statistics to establish rankings, adding to Nielsen’s previous formula of counting digital downloads, physical singles sales, terrestrial and online radio airplay and on-demand audio streaming.

"The very definition of what it means to have a hit is ever-changing these days," said Bill Werde, Billboard’s editorial director, in a statement on the company’s website. "The Billboard charts are the ultimate measure of success in music, and they constantly evolve to reflect these new music experiences." Harlem Shake, a song by New York-based DJ Baauer released in May 2012, went unnoticed until a group of Australian men uploaded a video dancing to the song February 3.

The video with its trademark moves and motorbike helmet created an internet fad prompting 12,000 spin-off videos within the first week alone, according to YouTube Trends, a blog following the site’s statistics.

Valentine’s Day brought another surge in the number of videos uploaded, and YouTube Trends reported versions of the song have been viewed about 175 million times by then.

Billboard started its new tracking method the following week and found the song was streamed online 103 million times that week alone, the company reported.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-02-22

• Like 1

Harlem is not the safest of places.
I would dare anyone that is not African-American to dress up like a idiot and do this dance at night.

That would definitely be a new article for news. It would read "FLASH idiot has a death wish"
There was a You tube article of people in Harlem and their reaction to this dance... Most of their reaction was shaking their heads in disbelief and just say "WOW... This is not the Harlem Shake."

‎...ahm...okay...."Harlem Shake"...(rubs his temples and groans loudly)...let me ask you a question, people: is your life really that XXXXXXX BORING, EMPTY and MEANINGLESS? Planking? Gangnam- Style? Now this shit? Seriously? Acting like a mental- patient is a hobby, nowadays?[/size]

Edited by metisdead

Makes one ashamed to be a farang, perhaps there should be a special Thai ministry, entrusted with stamping this sort of thing out, before it rots the brains of the nation's kids, or is it already too late ? w00t.gif

Unless you are an American you can hold your head high. Just put your hands in the air and say "Hey don't look at me this is an American thing"

It originated in Harlem America in 1981 blame the yanks for destroying Thai Culture and not the rest of the farangs.thumbsup.gif

No, you need to check the other Harlem Shake entry for wiki. The 1981 entry is a completely different dance and is unconnected to the current fad. The OP Harlem Shake is much more recent and originated in..... whistling.gif

The Harlem Shake is an Internet meme that went viral on YouTube in early February 2013. The meme is in the form of a video that began being replicated according to a similar concept by many people.

The art form of the meme was established in a video uploaded on February 2 by The Sunny Coast Skate, five teenagers from Queensland, Australia

Baauer's viral hit Harlem Shake has rocketed to the top of the U.S. pop charts in

a historic week for the Billboard Hot 100.

The new countdown is the first to feature YouTube streaming data as part of

the hit list's methodology and therefore it's fitting that the New York-based

Internet sensation has scored the new number one.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/02/21/harlem-shake-debuts-at-number-one-on-billboard-hot-100

Harry Baauer Rodrigues, known by his stage name Baauer, is an American music producer based in Brooklyn, New York

Harry Rodrigues, originally from London, grew up in Westport, Connecticut

Edited by chooka

‎...ahm...okay...."Harlem Shake"...(rubs his temples and groans loudly)...let me ask you a question, people: is your life really that XXXXXXX BORING, EMPTY and MEANINGLESS? Planking? Gangnam- Style? Now this shit? Seriously? Acting like a mental- patient is a hobby, nowadays?[/size]

Couldn't agree with you more Doc. But I think we are a dying breed.

Couldn't agree with you more Doc. But I think we are a dying breed.

Hopefully not for a while yet !

partytime2.gifsignthaivisa.gif

Best version..

That washing machine sure knows how to rock in spite of the terrible music.

I wonder what washing powder he's on, at first I thought it was Bold or Breeze but those convulsions suggest he's been on something much more powerful like Attack.

Best version..

That washing machine sure knows how to rock in spite of the terrible music.

I wonder what washing powder he's on, at first I thought it was Bold or Breeze but those convulsions suggest he's been on something much more powerful like Attack.

Or Pao

109819741_025.jpg

I had to look on youtube, now I know what happened to that Teddy Bear they use in the rape re enactments.

I think the choking of the chicken was a nice touch.

These people appear to to be having an epileptic seizure.

• Like 1

Makes one ashamed to be a farang, perhaps there should be a special Thai ministry, entrusted with stamping this sort of thing out, before it rots the brains of the nation's kids, or is it already too late ? w00t.gif

Unless you are an American you can hold your head high. Just put your hands in the air and say "Hey don't look at me this is an American thing"

It originated in Harlem America in 1981 blame the yanks for destroying Thai Culture and not the rest of the farangs.thumbsup.gif

No, you need to check the other Harlem Shake entry for wiki. The 1981 entry is a completely different dance and is unconnected to the current fad. The OP Harlem Shake is much more recent and originated in..... whistling.gif

The Harlem Shake is an Internet meme that went viral on YouTube in early February 2013. The meme is in the form of a video that began being replicated according to a similar concept by many people.

The art form of the meme was established in a video uploaded on February 2 by The Sunny Coast Skate, five teenagers from Queensland, Australia

Harry Rodrigues, originally from London

Ahhh... ok. So it first started as a full song by a Brit, last October,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9xNLAaaQbs

But didn't really take off until its popularity was started by a group of Australians as a 31 second blip dance video, and its subsequent 15 million viral views:

Meanwhile, the Brit song has grown from the Australian exposure to where it is now gone to # 1 on the American pop charts.

It's like a U.N. convention.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 2

This is no fun at all , whats the matter with people today ?

100.000 videos on youtube , do you really think that your video will be noticed?

Whats next, a new moonwalk thai style?

I had to look on youtube, now I know what happened to that Teddy Bear they use in the rape re enactments.

I think the choking of the chicken was a nice touch.

I saw something similar to this video a few year ago when I was working in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. One night in a bar these guys were trying to catch a monkey to tie it under a table, cut the top of its head off and eat his brains (while it was still alive). I shit you not. They finally caught it and i hit the door immediately.

Bunch of spoilsport killjoy grumps! Who is it harming? rolleyes.gif

says the guy who uses "House" as his avatarthumbsup.gif

I guess whilst they are bouncing around like tools they aren't out in public firing handguns indiscriminately, scamming tourists or raping women.

Upon researching it further, I have found who this is harming.

59 secs

They look like they just smoked some dust. LOL!

Half those dudes look straight out of central casting.

Edited by mca

Upon researching it further, I have found who this is harming.

59 secs

They look like they just smoked some dust. LOL!

Half those dudes look straight out of central casting.

I wonder what their reaction would be if they were shown the Thai version?