Thai Immigration Cracks Down On Hotels

webfact

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely, nearly every hotel has a computerised reservation system which would include all guest's personal details, ie. name, address, passport number etc.

It should be a simple process to provided required information at any time.

Travellers' welfare - my butt. The real concern is tax dodging, and at the rate the country is being plundered at the moment, it needs all it can get.

Sounds like the coffers are empty - need more tax to be plundered! Never knew it was about the health and well being of tourists - more to do about control.
  • Like 1

Surely, nearly every hotel has a computerised reservation system which would include all guest's personal details, ie. name, address, passport number etc.

It should be a simple process to provided required information at any time.

Beyond the reality that many, many hotels in Thailand do not have any computerized reservation system, it's doubtful that even those that do have all the data, required to comply with TM.30 form, entered into it.

Name and Surname

Nationality

Passport No.

Date of Arrival

Type of Visa

Expire date of stay

Point of entry

Arrival card TM.No.

Relationship

Edited by Buchholz

Amazing really,just how many bed/nights/change hotel/nights in Thailand? Millions. How on earth can the Thai immigration process this stuff, you really would need a BILL GATES, MATT CUTTS and ALBERT EINSTIEN working on it for a year or two to get it started. Then again a computer to cope with it all. .This story broke last year, now a crack down . The French had this for years, a left over from the the German occupation, the Gestapo!They best to read MIEN KAMPF Poor Thailand

Travellers' welfare - my butt. The real concern is tax dodging, and at the rate the country is being plundered at the moment, it needs all it can get.

Sounds like the coffers are empty - need more tax to be plundered! Never knew it was about the health and well being of tourists - more to do about control.

The problem with collecting more tax is that there's an annual battle between Revenue and Customs to see which will be named the most corrupt government department

I thought it was every 4 days they were supposed to report but every day is better. I wish they would report regularly, as many people come to the police station in Pattaya because they forgot where their hotel is and most do not remember the name nor are they smart enough to carry a card or something with the hotel name on it.

Amazing really,just how many bed/nights/change hotel/nights in Thailand? Millions. How on earth can the Thai immigration process this stuff, you really would need a BILL GATES, MATT CUTTS and ALBERT EINSTIEN working on it for a year or two to get it started. Then again a computer to cope with it all. .This story broke last year, now a crack down . The French had this for years, a left over from the the German occupation, the Gestapo!They best to read MIEN KAMPF Poor Thailand

Immigration doesn't have anything to do with this, the hotels report to the respective embassies of their guests. Nothing ever comes of these lists unless a person is specifically being sought out.

Processing this much paper its basically impossible.

It's very easy, done online.....

as easy as...

getting this old project to actually do today what it said it would do seven years ago.

Immigration Computer Network Will Soon Cover Entire Country

Started by george, 2006-03-03 19:42

coffee1.gif

Edited by Buchholz

Oh, yeah. They are going to put a web based login system that every hotel in the country can access and input the names and details of every foreigner? They did that once at immigration already, and people slip in and out every day.

I would add that In France when they had this system ,there were no computers then. the local gendarme would call around the hotels and collect the guests cards about 9 pm every night. He would then personally look through them to decide if anyone looked suspicious. Maybe this is the way for Thailand, keep them busy I think cheesy.gif

Immigration doesn't have anything to do with this, the hotels report to the respective embassies of their guests.

:giggle:

sorry, but how's that again?

What makes you think that is the situation?

It's not, btw, but I'm just curious as to what led you to believe it was.

I if I ring up lady up country she goes over and books hotel for me 500 baht a night,walk in price about 1200 baht I think.I pay her the 5000,10 nights when I get there.Never been about for my passport etc they just give the key to room am I doing anything wrong

I'm on an overnight-train this Sunday, perhaps the SRT should report on me & the other foreign passengers to Immigration, before Thai Homeland Security start a country-wide search, for the obviously-guilty terrorist-suspects, who didn't stay in a registered hotel or guesthouse, according to their records ? whistling.gif

Oh, yeah. They are going to put a web based login system that every hotel in the country can access and input the names and details of every foreigner? They did that once at immigration already, and people slip in and out every day.

The government is still busy logging in all the paperwork generated from filing everyone's details, from five years ago, when another hodge-podge, cockamamie crackdown was done. Complete with an absurd 1/2 Million Baht fine for non-compliance. rolleyes.gif

----------------------------------------------------------

Thailand's Internet Law Begins Aug. 23 Requires User Tracking

From Aug 23, 2008, private firms, organisations and government agencies will be required to store all internet traffic data for 90 days so it is available as digital evidence for police. Police Colonel Yannapol Youngyuen, Commander of the Bureau of Technology and Cyber Crime at the Department of Special Investigation, said the IT Ministry order has no exceptions and will include banks, hotels, schools, and internet cafes.

He said internet cafes will also be required to collect information to identify computer users, such as ID cards, time of logging in, and sites visited.

Shops that fail to heed the rules will face fines up to 500,000 baht, he said.

--------------------------------------------------------------

How'd the data entry go on that user tracking, boys? :D

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

This reminds me of the time I was working in Hanoi. Your presence had to be know to the police. You were being watched all the time.

All the neighbors were suppose to report anything suspicious that you did to the police. What a place. A bunch of Commies

• Like 1

I think you all getting out of the authorities reason, it is all about the tax and the Pattaya Mafia imagration police will be onto this like flys around a turd.

Here is one I just heard about. The Pattaya Mafia Imigration police.

They raided a large honey farm and arrested the owners and 26.000 African Honey Bees for no passports, no visa's and no work permits. Bottles of honey going cheap soom outside the Jomtien soi 5 office very soon. Ha Ha.

I if I ring up lady up country she goes over and books hotel for me 500 baht a night,walk in price about 1200 baht I think.I pay her the 5000,10 nights when I get there.Never been about for my passport etc they just give the key to room am I doing anything wrong

No, you are not....and saving money is an added bonus.

:thumbsup:

thumbsup.gif

Just register the room in the gf name. Problem solved.

This reminds me of the time I was working in Hanoi. Your presence had to be know to the police. You were being watched all the time.

All the neighbors were suppose to report anything suspicious that you did to the police. What a place. A bunch of Commies

This sort of tracking does sound rather ominous, but I do have faith in the ineptitude of its implementation to minimize its intrusion.

btw, glad to see you on board the forum now.

thumbsup.gif.

uffe123

Group: Members

Active Posts: 1

Edited by Buchholz

Immigration doesn't have anything to do with this, the hotels report to the respective embassies of their guests. Nothing ever comes of these lists unless a person is specifically being sought out.

Given that everything in that comment is wrong, I thought this was poorly written sarcasm. But it seems that you believe this, so I have to ask maswov, are you part of the government's propaganda effort?

With last year 'only' 22.4 million arrivals and lots of those travelling around, the paperwork must be immense. Time for a multi-billion budget to plan a computer system with Thai special software to track all those visitors.

May I also suggest to hand arrivals RFID cards to be able to track them. With deposit fee, fines for lost cards, and so on. Cards should have nice pictures of Thailand's charmes of course that will help make TAT happy as well

This sort of tracking does sound rather ominous, but I do have faith in the ineptitude of its implementation to minimize its intrusion.

btw, glad to see you on board the forum now.

thumbsup.gif.

uffe123

Group: Members

Active Posts: 1

The way they get around this in China, is that only certain hotels are licensed for foreigners. Put them all in one place. Utterly unenforceable in a tourist resort based economy.

Yup, 1969 saw me working in Taiwan, Ping Tung District, Fang Shen, way down south in the mountains.

We were issued with Black Aliens Passports and were required to carry them at all times.

If we went into a local village, we were followed by a policeman.

Occasionally, we would be picked up and interrogated.

They had a folder with all our personal details and question and answer forms that we had to fill in when we first arrived. They then checked that we gave the same answers as last time.....

They were anti-commies but they were worried about infiltration by commies.

However, when we stayed in Kaoshuing or Taipei or any where else, we were not required to show anything more than these passports.

There was no 90 day reporting either.

thumbsup.gif

Just register the room in the gf name. Problem solved.

The joke is that then it would be up to the G/F to fill in the TM30 because she would be

THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE THE ALIEN HAS STAYED