Thai Tailor

kurnell

Good tailor at Empire tailors near Soi 4 Sukhumvit, next door to Nana post office. The manager "Sunny" has always been reliable and has made me exactly what I want from shirts, trousers, jeans, shorts and even a set of work coveralls. Their web site is www.theempiretailors.com

Good tailor at Empire tailors near Soi 4 Sukhumvit, next door to Nana post office. The manager "Sunny" has always been reliable and has made me exactly what I want from shirts, trousers, jeans, shorts and even a set of work coveralls. Their web site is www.theempiretailors.com

"Sunny" doesn't sound very Thai

I went to Pinkys close to Suk Soi 2, the suit may have been OK were it not for the fact he put great big shoulder pads in despite the fact i have very broad shoulders. Trousers are good ... They don't have punters on the street trying to get you in which is a good sign imho.

I believe this is a Asian thing to look bigger so if you don't like the Joan Collins look tell them before hand.

Nothing wrong with off the shelf imo.

Used to see this place off the #12 Bus. James Tailor anyone ever checked it out??? Looked like it might have been alright

I usually take a taxi

So you're just letting us all know that you're better than those that ride buses??? You must have been in Thailand for awhile.

But seriously to be riding around in a taxi all the time. You've really made it. lol

Used to see this place off the #12 Bus. James Tailor anyone ever checked it out??? Looked like it might have been alright

I usually take a taxi

So you're just letting us all know that you're better than those that ride buses??? You must have been in Thailand for awhile.

But seriously to be riding around in a taxi all the time. You've really made it. lol

I only take taxis when my driver is on sick leave tongue.png

I usually take a taxi

I only take taxis when my driver is on sick leave tongue.png

Wow!!!

I know of a fantastic one, but he is in Lahansai Buriram. I would recommend asking the local Thais for a recommendation for a Thai tailor. I do not have a very high opinion of the tailors that I have seen in Phuket or Bangkok. Three years ago I had three pairs of trousers made for 400 baht each and I am still wearing them regularly to work (I did have to provide the fabric), but the total cost was less than 800 baht each.

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but all stores on Sukhumvit belong to Indians. First, the OP specified he wanted a Thai tailor. Second, Indians located on Sukhumvit have no sense of fashion at all, no matter who good they speak. Third, most of them will delegate their work to other guys whom car repair would be their forte but not tailored suits. As a result, they deliver a low quality job, Rajah included.

At least, Thai designers have a sense of fashion. Just go meet them. But please, don't talk about Sukhumvit anymore.

• Like 2

Rajah on Sukhumvit by the entrance to Soi 8.

I lived on soi 10 for 5 years and walked past these tailors every day. I can assure you they ain't Thai. I also bought pants from them and they were very unsatisfactory.

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but all stores on Sukhumvit belong to Indians. First, the OP specified he wanted a Thai tailor. Second, Indians located on Sukhumvit have no sense of fashion at all, no matter who good they speak. Third, most of them will delegate their work to other guys whom car repair would be their forte but not tailored suits. As a result, they deliver a low quality job, Rajah included.

At least, Thai designers have a sense of fashion. Just go meet them. But please, don't talk about Sukhumvit anymore.

Bingo!

Not quite true, Tailor On Ten is owned by two Canadians, it is located in Sukhumvit at end of soi 8. They are very different to the rest.

It isn't safe to generalise. They Indians may have been there for generations and call nowhere else home. Not all of them are tourist traps that farm their work out to the same sweatshop. Some are professional operations and do good work. Stick to the busy ones, usually run by Sikhs, and skip the ones that have touts outside and always look empty.

It isn't safe to generalise. They Indians may have been there for generations and call nowhere else home. Not all of them are tourist traps that farm their work out to the same sweatshop. Some are professional operations and do good work. Stick to the busy ones, usually run by Sikhs, and skip the ones that have touts outside and always look empty.
Those Indians are Thai and have been here for generations, their touts are usually from places such as Nepal.

As for those places on Suk or tourist trap joints, why do I never see sewing machines or machinists sewing away and stitching up suits on the premises?

Most of these places are nothing more than material salesmen with the material being sent to some sweat shop at the back of the tobacco factory to be sewn up.

For the OP, go to a Thai place and you will see the staff on the premises, these places always have Thai style uniforms in the windows, its where the Thais go for made to measure clothing.

As a general rule the more plush looking the tailor shop, touristy the location, and the more smooth the tailor talks the worse the suit is.

As mentioned above all the work is farmed out to sweatshops who make the suit for a fraction of the cost paid by the tourist.

That said there is a place on Suk 11/1 called Designers Collection who have in the past impressed me with their 'work'.

Guys, I don't mean to be rude, but all stores on Sukhumvit belong to Indians. First, the OP specified he wanted a Thai tailor. Second, Indians located on Sukhumvit have no sense of fashion at all, no matter who good they speak. Third, most of them will delegate their work to other guys whom car repair would be their forte but not tailored suits. As a result, they deliver a low quality job, Rajah included. At least, Thai designers have a sense of fashion. Just go meet them. But please, don't talk about Sukhumvit anymore.

Those Indians are Thai and have been here for generations, their touts are usually from places such as Nepal.As for those places on Suk or tourist trap joints, why do I never see sewing machines or machinists sewing away and stitching up suits on the premises?Most of these places are nothing more than material salesmen with the material being sent to some sweat shop at the back of the tobacco factory to be sewn up.For the OP, go to a Thai place and you will see the staff on the premises, these places always have Thai style uniforms in the windows, its where the Thais go for made to measure clothing.

If you go to Tailor On Ten you will see tailors drawing patterns, stitching suits and shirts and so on. There are lots of sewing machines to see! The tailors are working in the shop itself, not some sweatshop ( they are working in aircon). Choose your fabric annd watch the process. It is a busy shop with lots of Thai clients and tourists alike. No touts outside the shop and its right at the end of the soi, a little hard to find actually.

If you want a Thai tailor, go to siam square 2 or pantip near the mall ngwanmomwan.

May I know which storey of pantip ngan mom wan?

I don't have the name in mind right now, but it's on the 6th floor. You could just look around and pick a store that suits your needs :)

Not quite true, Tailor On Ten is owned by two Canadians, it is located in Sukhumvit at end of soi 8. They are very different to the rest.

But go in there and you'll be 'fitted" by the usual "Indian" jokers.

a great Thai Tailor is at Sukumvit between soi 30/1 and Soi 32 just beside the Philippine Embassy. He did a great job on his work for me better then the Indian guys on Ruam Rudi. And he is a real Thai. Price was negotiable good quality material