Has 3-30 Day Tourist Visas But Want To Stay Longer

I am on my 3rd 30-day tourist visa which I received by entering via air 3 times. I would like to stay longer will I be able to fly out and in again for another 30 days or will I even be able to receive a 90-day visa if I make a visa run to neighboring countries after being in Thailand almost 90 days already?

Best option is to visit a Thai consulate in a neighbouring county.

In Vientiane you can get a double entry tourist visa.

Each entry will give you 60 days that can be extended with 30 days at immigrations for 1.900 baht, giving you a total of 180 days.

You can also continue to make your 30 day flight but might be questioned if you are working illegally.

You can fly out and back in as many times as you like and each entry will give you another 30 days "permission of stay" this is not a visa, but a visa-exempt!!

Going out and back in overland may cause problems upon entering for the 4th time.

The advise of obtaining a 60 day double entry tourist-visa is basically the best one.

You are thinking of the old 90 day rule which went away over 4 years ago when 15 day border entries came into effect.

Best option would be a double entry tourist visa from Vientiane which would give almost 6 months with out needing a new visa by getting 30 day extensions of each 60 day entry. You just have to be sure and make trip for 2nd entry before the 90 day visa validity runs out.

You can fly from Bangkok or Chiang Mai to Udon Thani and then by mini bus to the bridge in Nong Kai.

Edited by ubonjoe