Traffic Cop Loses Face? In Car Video Camera

Satcommlee

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting smart with a Thai cop not a good idea... can't remember the detail but recall bits of a story from a few years back, someone did a similar thing making the cop look like a complete turkey in public. The resulting massive loss of face made the cop snap.. he pulled out his gun & shot the 'smart a$$' dead, then promptly turned it on himself and pulled the trigger.

At least the cop got it half right

• Like 1

+1 on the dashcam, not necessarily for hacking off the rozzers (although it does seem to make them more amenable to letting you go) but as an independent witness when you have a shunt.

Mine is a really expensive (< $100) 2 camera HD jobbie, looks straight at the copper when he leans in the window smile.png

As a bonus you can capture the Thai driving moments for your Youtube channel smile.png

Let us have a brand name and where to buy info pls, I am getting rather bored with the Thai drivers antics,last week a bike hit me smashed a tail light then told us it was "already broken" before he hit us.

He didnt get away with it but its just the bleeding lies and time wasted

• Like 1

As an American, who owned a car for about 40 years straight, stories like these just give me one more reason why I am happy not to own a car in Thailand. I rent a car with a driver on the few occasions where one was a necessity.

Edited by JLCrab

I was driving too fast over the brow of a hill, on the other side was a police man with a smile.

Copper- you were going too fast, me- I know 200 baht now, or 400 at station, 200 now please. All smiles, I was in the wrong he got his beer for the night and I I was 200 baht lighter,

Now if I get caught another 10 times I might buy one.

• Like 1

so why were you speeding in the first place? sounds like you should've been fined, and that camera would've incriminated you, knowning this you still decide to act like a rude a**hole, nice job. ;)

+1 on the dashcam, not necessarily for hacking off the rozzers (although it does seem to make them more amenable to letting you go) but as an independent witness when you have a shunt.

Mine is a really expensive (< $100) 2 camera HD jobbie, looks straight at the copper when he leans in the window smile.png

As a bonus you can capture the Thai driving moments for your Youtube channel smile.png

Let us have a brand name and where to buy info pls, I am getting rather bored with the Thai drivers antics,last week a bike hit me smashed a tail light then told us it was "already broken" before he hit us.

He didnt get away with it but its just the bleeding lies and time wasted

I have this one http://www.pandawill.com/27-tft-screen-hd-double-lens-true-dual-1080p-driving-recorder-dvr-p64435.html although I didn't get it from Pandawill I bought it in Singapore (Simlim Tower IIRC).

sku36217_1_1.jpgsku36217_3.jpg

I have used Pandawill in the past with no issues so you can order from them with confidence (cheap Chinese stuff mind). Make sure you set up an account before ordering as it makes tracking your order easier.

EDIT Never had to pay any duty on stuff from them either (famous last words I know).

Had same experience with Radar many years back........ did not get a cent out of me.

p.s. according to the constitution, video or voice surveillance on a person without notifying them in advance is a criminal offence. Wont say how or why, but have had to look at this law very carefully for i particular issue i had to resolve once.

careful !

so why were you speeding in the first place? sounds like you should've been fined, and that camera would've incriminated you, knowning this you still decide to act like a rude a**hole, nice job. wink.png

He wasn't being fined he was being extorted

• Like 2

p.s. according to the constitution, video or voice surveillance on a person without notifying them in advance is a criminal offence. Wont say how or why, but have had to look at this law very carefully for i particular issue i had to resolve once.

Indeed, but does a camera in full view pointing at the window constitute 'surveillance'?

Cams, fines, bribes, I just drive a Merc to avoid all these extra expenses. rolleyes.gif

Do you ever get mistaken by a taxi by continental EU tourists? The C series that seem rather popular in Thailand are common as taxis elsewhere.

In any case, owning a vehicle that sets one back crazy sums for basic repairs is nothing to brag about. I was delighted to have disposed of mine as the continually burnt out light bulbs, wipers that wore out after a month and defective electronics were annoying.

In any case, I suggest anyone doubting the fun of the dash cams have a look on youtube. It seems every russian driver has one and there are hours of entertaining carnage and crashes available. I think someone posting his dashcam Thai experiences would develop quite a cult following.

Almost every time I've had to stop, I wind the window down. They look and wave me on. Great these non English speaking police.

Well it is Thailand. I dare say that if a Japanese tourist was pulled over in Bavaria and started nattering away in Japanese, the green uniformed chap wouldn't be as forgiving, nor would a tourist jabbering away in Portuguese stopped in west armpitville Arkansas get a friendly accomodation.

Edit to add Thai example. Interesting enough, the beardedThai onlooker blames the farang.

Edited by geriatrickid

so why were you speeding in the first place? sounds like you should've been fined, and that camera would've incriminated you, knowning this you still decide to act like a rude a**hole, nice job. wink.png

The last time I was stopped for speeding the police officers couldn't get the speed limit correct. Two different officers gave me two different speed limits. They couldn't tell me how fast I was going, and much in the same way as the Op - I remained polite but firm and held my ground for the few mins it took for them to decide to wave me along.

Contrary to what some posters believe - This is not behaving a like a rude a**hole, in fact attempting to make a point with that comment shows the lengths some people will go to distort a reality they were not involved with just to make a point.... The actual reality is that by remaining polite and firm you show the police officer you are not the pushover that some drivers might be.

so why were you speeding in the first place? sounds like you should've been fined, and that camera would've incriminated you, knowning this you still decide to act like a rude a**hole, nice job.

He wasn't being fined he was being extorted

still doesn't answer my first question, why was he speeding? jeez, maybe he should've been extorted to teach him a lesson.

What camera do you have Crossy ?

I'm looking to get hold of the BlackVue DR400G-HD II for my Wife's car and mine.... It seems small enough to discretely hide behind the re-view mirror and also has reports of good night time images.