Carbine Legal To Have Without Permit ?

retell

is it legal to own and fire a carbine singe shot gun in thailand

seems like everyone in the village has one and this morning my dog got shot ( for killing a few chickens )

asked around with family and no-one has a permit for those and they are pretty easy to buy

if one does not ned any permit i gonna get me one too so every bloody chicken or rooster on my ground will be toast

http://www.svmaasland.nl/images/karabijn.jpg

Pay for the chickens and put a fence around your property. That's what I did with the back rai.

Forget retribution...it is a one way street in this country.

was a bit angry this morning .. i know retribution will not work and will not go that far , any way im not planning to be living in a fenced off jail like house for a neighbour that started building his house right behind mine , while he has so many rai more to built one he did this only for saving some baht on electric cable will pull up some fence between his and my ( wifes) land but no 3 meter high up concrete wall just to make sure we all know where the border is , it is not the owner of the land by the way i have problems with but his only son is the jerk and i suspect by the time this guy god the land in his name we gonna have problems about where what land begins and ends

No. It technically is not. I've researched this heavily so this is a "for sure" statement. Anything that uses gunpowder as a propellent (and even some airguns under Thai law) needs to be registered and you need permission for.

Not to say that just because the law says you are not supposed to do it does not mean people won't do it anyways. This is Thailand, after all. You might be able to get away with it if its a single shot and you're out in the country (like don't try it in Bangkok), kind of like owning a big bike without a greenbook. I would definately NOT even try if it was a gun capable of firing more than one shot without reloading--like don't even try with a semi-automatic handgun or a revolver. Rifles capable of firing semi-automatically are definately a no no. Technically you can own if you have permission, but they pretty much never give permission for. (Unless you have a really really good reason, I know of someone in Thailand who has one but it is a really good reason.) But the answer to your question is it is not legal to own any firearm capable of firing a bullet using gunpowder without getting permission and registering it.

• Like 1

Not to be an attack on you or anything, but...uh...are you letting your dog run around the neighborhood? Like not tied up to anything or in a fence? It's one thing if the chicken ventured onto your land...it's another if you're one of those people that lets their dog run around freely in the neighborhood attacking people's livestock. And I love dogs and hate the idea of someone shooting a dog for attacking a chicken.

And retribution out in the country may lead to problems...just be careful. Talk to the landowner (the father) first about what happened. My rule is do your best to get along with your neighbors cuz you don't want to come home to a war and there's no where else to go.

Not to be an attack on you or anything, but...uh...are you letting your dog run around the neighborhood? Like not tied up to anything or in a fence? It's one thing if the chicken ventured onto your land...it's another if you're one of those people that lets their dog run around freely in the neighborhood attacking people's livestock. And I love dogs and hate the idea of someone shooting a dog for attacking a chicken.

And retribution out in the country may lead to problems...just be careful. Talk to the landowner (the father) first about what happened. My rule is do your best to get along with your neighbors cuz you don't want to come home to a war and there's no where else to go.

nope not run around freely he was behind a fenced cage / tool-workspace from alot of squaremeters but any way the dog escaped from there and got hold of the chickens but i got him inside the cage allready and fixed the gap he made when they shot him didnt even have a chance to pay for those chickens or have a talk with them , they just went to the village got their gun came back and shot him through the fence

Ok, then, without seeming like I'm attacking you or anything...you're dog got out of its caged/fenced area and ran out and attacked their chicken. Do not do escalation, because really the problem started with you...no offense. But if someone's dog gets out and destroys livestock, it is on the dog owner for letting the dog out.

Be careful, it might be you who gets shot through or over the fence next time, and they,ll be smiling when they do it guaranteed.

DONT even think of escalating it, they could have a few drinks and BANG and its you thats shot, and dont think for one minute the Police willvgive a sh**. Dont spend your life looking over your shoulder.

• Like 1

Ok, then, without seeming like I'm attacking you or anything...you're dog got out of its caged/fenced area and ran out and attacked their chicken. Do not do escalation, because really the problem started with you...no offense. But if someone's dog gets out and destroys livestock, it is on the dog owner for letting the dog out.

Often I agree with you and yes its the guys fault but the Thais were idiots for handeling it and shooting the dog after it was fenced in and not negotiating a settlement like civilized people. Sounds like a lot of resentmen there already, i would certainly build a wall then.

A carbine is a shorter version of a full sized rifle, just FYI. They are made for maneuverability. Used from horseback or in the field where easier to carry, they are often also less powerful due to shorter burn time for the powder.

The Thais were <deleted> for shooting through your fence and would have landed themselves in jail in most Western countries. Shooting the dog in the act of killing chickens and off your property would be most appropriate.

NO don't get a gun and retaliate. Do you want to start a war where you are not only outnumbered, but where you don't have the law or police on your side? You'll wind up dead or in jail.

Edited by NeverSure

I would advise you to relax and reconsider fighting fire with fire in Thailand. Your dog paid the ultimate price, and although you loved your dog, it killed others chickens probably because it was out and about roaming around. Not in its yard?

If your dog killed my father in laws chickens, he would have shot your dog and probably eaten it with sticky rice. Sorry mate, I understand how you feel, I put our dog down last week, but its a tough life for animals in Thailand.

Edited by krisb

Last year I put both of my dogs down as they had started killing our ducks and chickens.

Once they get the taste they won't stop and if they kill a fighting cock you are going to be looking at a VERY unhappy owner who may want antwhere between 5,000 and 50,000 baht a AND he won't take no for an answer.

Your neighbour already has a gun, now you want one, and if he turns up with 10 mates all armed with a shotgun what will you do then?