Overstaying

I hope somebody will be able to answer this for me. Last year I overstayed 7 days and paid my 3,500.00 TBH. This month I may need to overstay again for 4 days. Will this be an issue coming back again? Will the Thai immigration "flag" this and give me trouble in the future?

Why overstay for 4 days, when you can get a least one extension of at least 7 days for 1900 Baht at any immigration office?

Or have you taken the the 7 day (or 30 day on a visa) extension process into account.

It;s not a good idea to overstay, ever! Can all end in tears if you caught befor the airport.

4 (2000 Bt fine) days is the monetary break point to the extension at 1900, not considering that to get it you have have to spend from 1 to 3 hours of your time.

Beside that there is no issue, I had various overstay stamps and never had an issue coming back.

People stays in detention center because they have no money for their flight out and unlike 1st world countries, Thailand doesn't pay for that, ever.

If you have the money and perhaps a good lawyer to help with the "process", you can be out the same day that you're caught.

Here money talks and make you walk.

People stays in detention center because they have no money for their flight out and unlike 1st world countries, Thailand doesn't pay for that, ever.

If you have the money and perhaps a good lawyer to help with the "process", you can be out the same day that you're caught.

Here money talks and make you walk.

Yes money can talk if you happen to be cash rich at the time, but even relatively well off visitors/tourists that are on good salaries back home, at the end of their holidays when most typically decide to overstay (even if only for a few days) have often exhausted their cash pot.. If you can't lay your hands on the cash instantly, you WILL enter the system and you will see the IDC, you may miss your flight because you need to attend court and you may not have a friend on the outside to help you re-schedule..

You could even have a 300K GBP house back home, but try re-mortgaging it from within the Pattaya Police Cells..

People are not always offered an easy way out, the drink driving clamp downs of a few months ago were a good example, everyone spent a night in the monkey house regardless of who they were.

Yes money can talk if you happen to be cash rich at the time, but even relatively well off visitors/tourists that are on good salaries back home, at the end of their holidays when most typically decide to overstay (even if only for a few days) have often exhausted their cash pot.. If you can't lay your hands on the cash instantly, you WILL enter the system and you will see the IDC, you may miss your flight because you need to attend court and you may not have a friend on the outside to help you re-schedule..

One doesn't need cash for the ticket, can use a credit card. For sure will need cash for many other things, but not as much as for the ticket.

Anyone that travels to Asia (or pretty much anywhere else) without emergency reserve money and travel insurance, is either a fool or or careless about material matters, in that case seeing IDC or getting no medical care should be no issue.

One doesn't need cash for the ticket, can use a credit card. For sure will need cash for many other things, but not as much as for the ticket.

Anyone that travels to Asia (or pretty much anywhere else) without emergency reserve money and travel insurance, is either a fool or or careless about material matters, in that case seeing IDC or getting no medical care should be no issue.

Over-stayers caught will be detained at IDC before they go to court.