Cops Bust Walking Street Go Go For Underage Girls

Rimmer

Cops Bust Walking Street Go Go For Underage Girls
Three underage girls were caught working at the Nui’s Club 2 A Go Go on Walking Street by police. The 28-year-old bar manager was arrested after a 16-year-old dancer was made available for sex with an undercover agent. Police also found two other 17-year-old female workers.

PATTAYA:– March 15, 2013 [PDN]; the arrest of a Walking Street bar manager for employing underage girls was announced by Pol. Maj. Gen. Chawalit Swangpuech, commander of the Anti-Human Trafficking Division (AHTD); Pol. Col. Angkul Klaiklueng; Pol. Col. Worapong Thongpaibul, vice commander of AHTD; Pol. Col. Yutthaphum Panlainark, director 2; and the detective team.

The suspect was identified as Ms. Wanlapa Klansang, 28 years old, from Chonburi. She is the manager of “Nui’s Club 2 Go Go” number 21, moo10, Walking Street. Ms. Wanlapa was charged with human trafficking by receiving benefit through prostitution from a person over age 15 but under 18 years old.
Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/03/16/cops-bust-walking-street-go-go-for-underage-girls/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-03-16

• Like 1

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police arrested Ms. Wanlapa in the bar after an undercover agent was sent to entrap her, by pretending to buy a girl who was one of the dancers, who was 16 years old.

Are they still using foreign police volunteers to ensnare these prostitutes like before?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621411-under-the-table-payments-in-thailand-alleged-to-have-grown-from-5-10-to-a-minimum-of-30/?view=findpost&p=6147506

Someone must have forgot to pay someone something. If the police raided all of the go-go's on WS, they'd probably find under-agers working in 80 % of them.

This man speaks true.

And as I understand it, the ones that are underage are girls you would never guess are that young. Tall, big noms, tattoo's, etc... they will not look underage at all. It's very, very common.

A case of Late payment , or lack of payment ...

Or really how could they be caught ? ..So many and often not the Obvious , Plus who is actually " Worrking " ..and exactly how was this discovered .

There were a few 16 year olds in Phuket working also ...But they worked hard to look much older , and some looked 5 - 6 years older than those of age .

But little doubt ..someone was annoyed with the " Manager "

The police arrested Ms. Wanlapa in the bar after an undercover agent was sent to entrap her, by pretending to buy a girl who was one of the dancers, who was 16 years old.

Are they still using foreign police volunteers to ensnare these prostitutes like before?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621411-under-the-table-payments-in-thailand-alleged-to-have-grown-from-5-10-to-a-minimum-of-30/?view=findpost&p=6147506

...and were they told taste and try before you buy?

I am puzzled by your refeence of ensnaring prostitutes. It is called arresting criminals.They were underage, and that should satisfy most that they were arrested. These girls need protection from the police. The most important point that you missed, is that the Pattaya Tourist Police, and The Foreign Police Volunteers, are two totally different agencies, and you are linking the two as the same.

• Like 1

This is the reverse of Police stings in the USA. A beautiful woman asks if a man would like sex and BAM!! he is arrested...

Here, a young girl thinks 'the foreigner wants to throw away money - I want some' and BAM!! they are arrested...

The problem I see is how does one actually prove the men were not ensnared by sex and the women by money..??

Marriage can be considered a form of prostitution. Husband gives wife money and she has sex with him.

Are they still using foreign police volunteers to ensnare these prostitutes like before?http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/621411-under-the-table-payments-in-thailand-alleged-to-have-grown-from-5-10-to-a-minimum-of-30/?view=findpost&p=6147506,

I am puzzled by your refeence of ensnaring prostitutes. It is called arresting criminals.They were underage, and that should satisfy most that they were arrested. These girls need protection from the police. The most important point that you missed, is that the Pattaya Tourist Police, and The Foreign Police Volunteers, are two totally different agencies, and you are linking the two as the same.
Read the link and you'll find the "Pattaya Tourist Police" were using foreign undercover agents. If these weren't foreign police volunteers, who were they?

They were the same as FPV has been involved un many prostitution sting arrests. I was just asking if they were involved in this one. Do you know if they were?

Edited by Buchholz

This is SOOOO PATHETIC. if the police,WERE serious they would be out each night instead of getting fat or,stopping cars,collecting bribes.

Why do they need THEIR NAMES and full titles mentionned?. So they can get 2 minutes if fame.

No DECENT police would,want their names in the press.... They woukd do their job... Or in the case of these dumbos.. Go back to sleeping under a,coconut tree

This is what the volunteers are doing ?

Hope they get hate from all Thai and foreigners, being a spy is very bad...

What are you saying?? That it's ok for underage girls to be working in these places and that it's bad to be using undercover tactics to combat this? "Being a spy" is worse than employing underage girls? Wow....

• Like 1

Every country has their own laws on "Underage sex", "Underage workers" etc. It's pretty much a crime in most country's for someone over 18 to have sex with someone 17 or under. 18 seems to be the magic number. Although pretty much everyone would consider someone 40, 50, 60 + havng sex with an 18 year old abnormal to say the least. Here in Thailand, it's agains't the law for anyone under 19 to be working in the bars. Not sure if Karoke bars are included. You could say that included anyplace that serves alcohol, but then consider all those little shops that sell alcohol as a sideline. We that live here in LOS know for a fact that a lot of those young girls under 19 would dearly love to be working in some farang bar to make some easy spending money. We also know that their are a lot that do. Having said all that, is it right? No, for one thing it's agains't the law. For another, I'm not sure girls under 19 have the mental acumen to cope wth it. Is it alright for these FPV to participate in busting these underage girls? To me it depends on their motives.. Is it just to pick up some fine money or go after the owners of these bars? I would rather see them slap the owners in jail, and give the young girls some small fines and a lot of public service time. To me, for them to arrest just the girls and a bar manager is a farce. But as we all know.... TIT.. coffee1.gif

Prostitution is illegal isn't it? Why are they only arresting underage girls then. Why not just ask any girl for sex then just arrest her, and the manager/owner.

I'd be out of places to go drinking so please don't do it.

Sort of sheds light on the poor guy that was stung on beach road for getting an underage girl. I'm sure the girls in the gogo told the manager they were of age and provided ID, albeit fake. Same sort of thing could easily have happened to that guy on beach road. But in that case they arrested the guy and not the girl.

Go figure.

• Like 2

Every country has their own laws on "Underage sex", "Underage workers" etc. It's pretty much a crime in most country's for someone over 18 to have sex with someone 17 or under. 18 seems to be the magic number. ....Here in Thailand, it's agains't the law for anyone under 19 to be working in the bars. Not sure if Karoke bars are included. ...

Umm ...wrong. The age of consent in "most" countries is 15 or 16, regardless of the age of another participant, and 18 is no more unusual than 13 (12 and 21 are unusual).

The only countries which have laws on "underage workers" are Thailand and Japan, at 18.

... and its against the law in Thailand for someone who is under 20 to work in a bar (although they can be a customer at 18!).

Every country has their own laws on "Underage sex", "Underage workers" etc. It's pretty much a crime in most country's for someone over 18 to have sex with someone 17 or under. 18 seems to be the magic number. ....Here in Thailand, it's agains't the law for anyone under 19 to be working in the bars. Not sure if Karoke bars are included. ...

Umm ...wrong. The age of consent in "most" countries is 15 or 16, regardless of the age of another participant, and 18 is no more unusual than 13 (12 and 21 are unusual).

The only countries which have laws on "underage workers" are Thailand and Japan, at 18.

... and its against the law in Thailand for someone who is under 20 to work in a bar (although they can be a customer at 18!).

You may be right.. I was just reading British and European laws so may have got it wrong. I stand corrected... wai.gif

Isn't the Attention Deficit Disorder and Hyperactivity Division (ADDH) ...erm... I mean the Anti-Human Trafficking Division (AHTD) one and the same with those idiots who monitor and observe for several weeks to several years before making a bust?

Did the under the covers... erm... I mean undercover officer get to monitor her in the bedroom before calling in his chums to join in... erm... I mean make a bust?

Question is what will happen to the Bar Manager and why not arrest the Bar Owner? If the cops were serious they would shut the business for a month, full investigation and hit them in the pocket. I am sure the other bar girls will simply walk next door and pick up where they left off.

Whose pocket are you talking about ?

So your saying under age sex is ok.

How are the going to stop the trade. In under age sex. If they don't use frangs

So your saying under age sex work is ok.

How are the going to stop the trade. In under age sex workers. If they don't use frangs

I think the law on not to sell sex. If your under 20. is a good law

Bucholz amazing that you are still on your Police Volunteer rants after all these years.

One thing the article said was 'undercover agent'...nothing about foreigners or police volunteers.

Secondly is that the Tourist Police volunteers have been patrolling and helping on WS for over 10 years and are known to all bars/go go's etc, so do you really think they could just walk in.

Thirdly most people know that any stings, that may use foreigners, are from immigration (ie: guys on overstays or immigration violations of some sort).

So John be productive and put your volunteer phobia to rest please.

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

So your saying under age sex is ok.

How are the going to stop the trade. In under age sex. If they don't use frangs

Duh... if 99 per cent of underage prostitution is Thai on Thai, then making a demonstration case out of one arrest of a girl in a bar which caters for farang customers is hardly going to change the world is it? More likely the bar owner was late with his protection money.....

One thing the article said was 'undercover agent'...nothing about foreigners or police volunteers.

Secondly is that the Tourist Police volunteers have been patrolling and helping on WS for over 10 years and are known to all bars/go go's etc, so do you really think they could just walk in.

Thirdly most people know that any stings, that may use foreigners, are from immigration (ie: guys on overstays or immigration violations of some sort).

1. Which is what my question was. Were the FPV involved in this case, like they have been in the past? Do you have any direct knowledge if they were or not?

2. Are there not any new sign-ups for FPV who are unknown to the areas patrolled or are they all the same guys that have been there for over 10 years and that all the bar girls know them?

3. I don't think "most people" know that criminals are used by the police to work as undercover agents. While I can appreciate that many people can perceive the Thai police as criminals themselves, but I don't know that most people could accept that foreigner guys being held in jail (eg. Immigration Detention Center) are routinely pulled out and offered work as police undercover agents.

Are you saying the fictional series The Mod Squad is alive and well in Pattaya 40 years later?

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

I think what annoys most people is the lack of consistency. Yes it is wrong for underage girls to sell sex in a bar but drive past any of these Thai bars or karaoke places and you will see them sat outside the bar on full display to the police and everybody, but who get busted? the farang owned bars.

I have owned bars here for many years and have been told many times that the young girls are kept solely for the Thais (In Thai Bars) and if Farangs try to have any young employees they will be done by the mafia - sorry I mean Police.

Chris

• Like 1