Drunk Teen Driver Causes Multiple Car Pile-Up

Rimmer

Drunk Teen Driver Causes Multiple Car Pile-Up
PATTAYA:--Four people were seriously injured in a chain reaction of car collisions, after a speeding drunk driver rammed into a line of cars stopped at a traffic intersection. The young driver was also seriously injured. Police assumed he was drunk after finding cans of beer.

PATTAYA – April 19, 2013 [PDN]; A report of a multiple car accident that severely injured 4 victims was received by detective officers of Banglamung, who rushed to the scene with rescuers from Sawangboriboon Thammasathan foundation Pattaya.

The accident occurred at the traffic light junction in front of Prachumkongka temple, moo 1, Banglamung, Chonburi inbound.

Arriving officers found 5 crashed cars in a row: a bronze Toyota Vios, a bronze van of Chotsuriya Travel, a blue Nissan Frontier pick-up truck, an Izusu pick- up truck, which was a promotion vehicle of Ongart advertisement Co.; and the vehicle driven by the drunk driver, a grey Mitsubishi Champ.

Full story:http://www.pattayadailynews.com/en/2013/04/20/drunk-teen-driver-causes-multiple-car-pile-up/

--PATTAYA DAILY NEWS 2013-04-20

Looking at those photos, he must have been doing some speed when he drove into the line of cars. Makes you wonder if he fell into a drunken sleep with his foot on the accelerator.

Sad to see such mayhem caused by one person :(

I really hope the drunk driver is the worst injured of them all.

As far as I am concerned he should had slammed into a tree and killed himself, better than injuring others in his stupid drunkenness.

I hope that this country will wake up one day and say, okay enough is enough and make road checks every night in the weekends all over the country.

Yes I know, I am dreaming but a man got to have his dreams eh.

• Like 1

Looking at those photos, he must have been doing some speed when he drove into the line of cars. Makes you wonder if he fell into a drunken sleep with his foot on the accelerator.

Sad to see such mayhem caused by one person sad.png

Dunno how he can fall asleep with one of those megaphone advertising pickups in the queue. I can't even sleep in my own bed when one of them drive by, let alone at the wheel of a car.

"The police alleged the teen was driving carelessly and driving while being drunk, causing injuries to other people and damaging their properties, so officers seized him to prosecute."

Is this going to be another case of a 2,000 baht fine and a sentance cut in half because he confesses? Will probably be another case of Thai justice at it's finest.

Why they don't say "Drunk Thai Teenage Driver without driver license" in title?

Simply because whether someone has a driver's license or not is irrelevant in Thailand...

But drunk and accident is relevant,

Because Thailand is at the least semi-civilized.... Just how we like it....

• Like 1

Where precisely is this? I did my Chonburi to Pattaya run this morning and there seemed to be a lot of crashes. People pissed from the night before I assumed.

Ok, found it on Google Maps, the lights on Sukhumvit about 1 - 2 km north of Krating Lai intersection. Very dangerous lights indeed. People approach these lights at very high speed and don't want to stop. You also have a very short time between one way changing red and the other green. Never go first when these lights change. Also you have the illegal turning out of Bang Lamung market and the illegal u-turning on red. And finally, at night the lights are flashing amber but go back to green/amber/red around 6am.

So, there you have it, an accident blackspot. I am familiar with this intersection.

Edited by Briggsy

Where precisely is this? I did my Chonburi to Pattaya run this morning and there seemed to be a lot of crashes. People pissed from the night before I assumed.

Ok, found it on Google Maps, the lights on Sukhumvit about 1 - 2 km north of Krating Lai intersection. Very dangerous lights indeed. People approach these lights at very high speed and don't want to stop. You also have a very short time between one way changing red and the other green. Never go first when these lights change. Also you have the illegal turning out of Bang Lamung market and the illegal u-turning on red. And finally, at night the lights are flashing amber but go back to green/amber/red around 6am.

So, there you have it, an accident blackspot. I am familiar with this intersection.

Nice one, Briggsy.

It's this kind of informative post with thoughtful insight and sound local knowledge that shows how bad the usual TV dross really is.

Talking to yourself.. biggrin.png but it was a good post.

• Like 2

Nice one, Briggsy.

It's this kind of informative post with thoughtful insight and sound local knowledge that shows how bad the usual TV dross really is.

Talking to yourself.. but it was a good post.

Oops, forgot to sign-off / sign-in. :lol:

Sad to see such mayhem caused by one person sad.png

Dunno how he can fall asleep with one of those megaphone advertising pickups in the queue. I can't even sleep in my own bed when one of them drive by, let alone at the wheel of a car.

He was not in the queue. He was approaching the queue and ploughed into it and at some speed to cause that much damage.