Next Big Party In Cm?

SDH

rock festival at huay tung tao this saturday.

Cool, have you been before?

What time?

first of its kind i believe.

http://chiangmairockfest.com/

Thanks for that. Saw a poster somewhere but missed the website. Will have to check it out. The last International concert at Prasert Land a few weeks ago was pretty disappointing. It had the potential to be good but there was such an incredibly low turnout that the artists didn't have the motivation to really rock. Most of them joked about paying to an empty venue. Also the MC was a complete idiot. The South African - Cambodian group was good. I went all 3 nights; the first night there was a strong wind storm that carried all the dust over from the construction site next door and sent almost everyone including the vendors packing. The 2nd night there was something wrong with the draught beer. It was flat and very sour. I saw people complaining all around me but what could the beer girls do - lose all the money? The last night I am sure I was drugged. Someone must have slipped something into my (canned) beer when I went to the toilet for 3 minutes. I have no idea what the motivation was however, as I was with my young son and his mother and only had a little cash on me. I barely recall any of the top-billed act of the entire event. In any event, the International concert at 3 Kings a few months back was really great.

What time?

Been before it was pretty good. A couple of years ago they had the late Bob Marleys son, Ky Marley and It was called a Reggae Fest.

Everyone was stoned!

Maybe it was not a Rockfest, I actually don't recall a lot from that particular evening. The band Job to Do was in attendance too as I recall !

I can think of a couple of bars that are now in competition over who has the best "watching paint dry" party. At one event last week it got round to closing times and they found one of the rather elderly participants, who was being particularly quiet, had actually passed away during the event. Everyone had assumed he was just enjoying himself as much as everyone else. rolleyes.gif

If you really want fun, the weekly Tai Yai lao Khao drinking contests at Kanthieng have hotted up recently.w00t.gif

I can think of a couple of bars that are now in competition over who has the best "watching paint dry" party. At one event last week it got round to closing times and they found one of the rather elderly participants, who was being particularly quiet, had actually passed away during the event. Everyone had assumed he was just enjoying himself as much as everyone else. rolleyes.gif

If you really want fun, the weekly Tai Yai lao Khao drinking contests at Kanthieng have hotted up recently.w00t.gif

I shouldn`t laugh, but........

Please Khun Paagai tell us more, where and when, (who, what and why may be a tad to morbid and disrespectful....

More weekly Tai Yai party goers http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=472

Chiang Mai Rock Festival is doing classic rock of the 80s like Deep Purple, Bonjovi, Scorpion, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden. Nothing Death Metal or will be played The Rock Festival's manager doesn't like Death Metal him self.

Death Metal.. now there is something you don't hear every day!

Edited by ARISTIDE

Chiang Mai Rock Festival is doing classic rock of the 80s like Deep Purple, Bonjovi, Scorpion, Judas Preist, Iron Maiden. Nothing Death Metal or will be played The Rock Festival's manager doesn't like Death Metal him self.

Death Metal.. now there is something you don't hear every day!

Okay.. that sounds good. Got my info here, on the site linked earlier: http://www.chiangmairockfest.com/?page_id=36

What time?

Been before it was pretty good. A couple of years ago they had the late Bob Marleys son, Ky Marley and It was called a Reggae Fest.

Everyone was stoned!

Maybe it was not a Rockfest, I actually don't recall a lot from that particular evening. The band Job to Do was in attendance too as I recall !

Job2Do play everywhere, it seems-that said, many people like them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It was excellent. Cover songs were nicely done. I enjoyed Foo Fighter and other Judas Preist oldies. Lots of people Thai and Farangs.

post-131333-0-87787800-1367137238_thumb.

Did anyone end up going to the Rock show last night? If so, how was it?

I was planning on it but I didnt think my 6 year old could handle more than 2 or 3 hours of it.

Edited by ARISTIDE
  • Like 1