British & Thai Cultures Clash (Dont Laugh)

If all else fails.......read the instructions.

Absolutly. Its official now, Thailand is no longer a third world country. No more raised voices, queue when asked to do so and most of all, yes most of all, remain calm there is sure to be a logical explanation for everything.

Desperate times, desperate measures....

I was raised that if you need to look at the instructions, then this was a clear indication that you don't know what you are doing and therefore somehow inferior to the woman at your side. Reading the instructions means you have failed to show initiative and are not worthy to have begun the appointed task in the first place.

To be told by a Thai person, that I must take a ticket and queue was the thin edge of the wedge, what if everywhere we go they introduce a queuing system, the Thais would be seen at least in my eyes as cultural and morally superior, by inference I would be a moron and inferior, where do we go from here ?

The Thais have achieved in a few years what we have been trying to teach the French for a thousand years and they still havent got it. If they carry on (the Thais that is), we are going to have queues all over the place, things will get done quickly and what will we do with all that time, not wasted.

I mean they will stop corruption soon and then we are really in the Chao Praya river.

• Like 1

What I wonder is why-oh-why when one possesses 13 M pounds, one decide to live in one the of most polluted place in the world to live on Burger King?

Maybe he was sick of caviar. You want something a bit greasy if you're going out on the claret later in the evening.

Anyway, there's no point speculating, though Naam may disagree

SC

• Like 1

do you always bash Thai's , you always want to declare war on them , if it is not Songkran it is something else , You will never become a chilled out Thai and you always bash them . Grow up and get on with your life , and stop worrying about going to WAR

Keep calm and carry on.

What I wonder is why-oh-why when one possesses 13 M pounds, one decide to live in one the of most polluted place in the world to live on Burger King?

Maybe he was sick of caviar. You want something a bit greasy if you're going out on the claret later in the evening.

Anyway, there's no point speculating, though Naam may disagree

Maybe he was queueing in his own restaurant. The staff just didn't inform him about the new system, which really leaves me wondering how much he pays these people...

1. You can't remember the name of the mall?

2. McDonalds don't do Whopper meals - that's Burger King!

He orders the Whopper, the staff smiles friendly and gave him some burger that was ready. After standing around for 1 hour at the counter they just had to do something.

I think the ticket system is a good idea as local folk jumping the queue is quite normal anywhere in LOS. Should give them out when approaching traffic lights. laugh.png

And OP, somebody probably told you in Thai that Whoppers were 100 yards up the road with no Ronald outside. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Desperate times, desperate measures....

To be told by a Thai person, that I must take a ticket and queue was the thin edge of the wedge, what if everywhere we go they introduce a queuing system, the Thais would be seen at least in my eyes as cultural and morally superior, by inference I would be a moron and inferior, where do we go from here ?

I start to see the problem... when God hands out brains to newly borns, their is also a ticketing system for the queue... so maybe the OP did also miss that one? whistling.gif

But, dear OP, their is a solution for your problem: Take some of your 19.5 M£ (according to your latest calculation) and buy yourself your private burger place... no need for ticketing system there giggle.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It's a genuine question, :)

The UK, where the OP is from, is using the PM10 scale and they consider that anything over 50 is dangerous.

Chiang Mai is at 200+ (216 last year)

I mean with 13.5 M pounds surely you can live anywhere, why going there ?

do you always bash Thai's , you always want to declare war on them , if it is not Songkran it is something else , You will never become a chilled out Thai and you always bash them . Grow up and get on with your life , and stop worrying about going to WAR

i love it when people don't bother to fully read a post before attacking the poster with an opinionated reply!

• Like 1

It's a genuine question, smile.png

The UK, where the OP is from, is using the PM10 scale and they consider that anything over 50 is dangerous.

maybe he's just visiting, and really lives in Pattaya

Edited by manarak

It's a genuine question, smile.png

maybe he's just visiting, and really lives in Pattaya

Pattaya is actually worse (33 times the acceptable level in 2009)

http://www.google.co.th/gwt/x?wsc=hg&wsi=23bc280462ac0864&source=m&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgcmonitor.org/article.php%3Fid%3D936&ei=ZECgT9auH4ukiAeL8tWSBg

went to your link but couldn't find information on Pattaya.

the air here is pretty ok.

My apologies it was Rayong the province next to Pattaya

Real time monitoring in Rayong Province, Thailand conducted by GCM and our community partner EARTH (Ecological, Alert and Recovery-Thailand) revealed frighteningly high levels of the cancer causing 1,3 butadiene.

The monitoring was conducted with a Real Time UV Ambient Air Monitor, which can detect 12 pollutant chemicals in the air including benzene, sulphur dioxide, nitrogen dioxide, mercury and ammonia. It can take an air sample every 30 seconds and display results immediately on a laptop computer.