Former B B C Broadcaster Stuart Hall Admits 14 Counts Of Indecent Assault Against Children

webfact

I don't see how an employer can police their employees. It is simply not the position of the employer to judge people, that is the responsibility of the courts. If I was suspected of an offence then I would expect my employer to judge me as innocent until proven guilty. The only time it should affect employment is once the crime has been confirmed and sentencing has been past. Then it is up to the employer to act.

Having read the list of assaults I think that the court would have a hard time giving jail time for most of them. Sexual offenders list, community service, tagging, but not a jail sentence. Then I noticed the rape. This one could tip the balance. Question is what kind of evidence is there now to go on and how sure can the jury be in this situation.

However, the damage is done and everything he has worked for in his life is now shattered. His legacy no longer exists and his country no longer loves him. Whatever the sentencing he is destroyed.

Is it a coincidence so many come from the BBC, maybe the employer should be investigated. He's pleaded guilty, that should be enough evidence for the jury. If you think a court would have a hard time giving jail time to someone who sexually assaults a nine year old girl, you need a thorough examination of your morals.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be strung up.

Yep, and not by his feet either

It seems lately there are more and more of these cases coming to light, anybody know what the thing with Rolf Harris is?

We can't tell what it is yet.

Seriously, with cases such as this, only the courts should know what is happening in the early stages.

Edited by Thaddeus
  • Like 2

For those trying to infer any culpability of the BBC in this one and bringing up the name of Saville again,

The type of programming Saville was involved in during his career gave him access to hundreds if not thousands of potential victims, and I find it very hard to believe that no one in BBC management either knew or at the very least suspected that something was very amiss with this man.

Hall on the other hand had a completely different area of entertainment, and I think could quite easily of flown under the radar.

The father of two's status seemed secure in 2011 when he was the subject of a two-hour Radio 5 Live tribute and in December was awarded an OBE in the Queen's new year honours list.

But his broadcasting career was left in limbo after accusations of historic sexual offences between the 1960s and 1980s, and the BBC suspended him from his Radio 5 Live post in December 2012.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/02/stuart-hall-life-and-times?INTCMP=ILCNETTXT3487

Read this article published in 2009. Make sure you read the comments section. This is what NOBODY will remember him for. Imagine living your life thinking people will remember you for something great only to find out, at 83, that all people are going to remember you for being an nasty person.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2009/dec/11/stuart-hall-finest-moments

Although I'm not in favour of people escaping earthly justice I would rather it have been Stuart Hall who did so and not Jimmy Savile. It's actually a very sad piece of news this.

I want someone to calculate the exact percentage of the licence fee that goes towards child molestation.

Did anyone hear about Ken Barlow? The question everyone wants to know is.... How is Eastenders going to top this?

Edited by wellred

There will be a zillion guys from the sixties who will be sweating now if they have money. The sixties was a great time for boys and girls. I was there. smile.png

From other posts, maybe you were the 60's LOL

Perhaps whistling.gif , but l was a teen with two things on my mind, one was fooling with stuff with wheels, the other you can guess. smile.png

Helping the vicar when he visited the elderly down at the senior's home?

Drat, found out. sad.png ..........................................smile.png

Perhaps the English can enlighten me on what constitutes an indecent assault. The implication is that there is such a thing as decent assault and I cannot imagine what that would be.

Kicking a pedophile in the balls.

• Like 1

Perhaps the English can enlighten me on what constitutes an indecent assault. The implication is that there is such a thing as decent assault and I cannot imagine what that would be.

There would be common assault, which just involves hitting someone.

Indecent assault simply means that there's sex involved.

I thought the link between these guys was actually using their fame to "help" charities which gave them access to vulnerable children. Remember - back in the 70s there were only 3 channels, and two of those were BBC channels, so it's hardly surprising the BBC keeps showing up.

The BBC management did cover up the Newsnight report on Jimmy Saville, but that's a lot more recently, after his death. I don't know what rumours there were back in the day about these guys that management would have heard about.

He should be strung up.

Yep, and not by his feet either

It seems lately there are more and more of these cases coming to light, anybody know what the thing with Rolf Harris is?

We can't tell what it is yet.

Seriously, with cases such as this, only the courts should know what is happening in the early stages.

Quite so.

I make no comment on the guilt or innocence of Rolf Harris, Max Clifford and William Roache, to name three recent cases; no one can until all the evidence is presented in court and a jury has declared a verdict.

I do have to agree with Roache, though, when he says that the accused in such cases should be granted the same anonymity as the accuser; until and unless found guilty.

Mud sticks, and even if the above, or anyone else whether they be in the public eye or not, is acquitted at their trial the stigma will still remain.

Let us hope the United Kingdom Independence Party (UKIP) can get into parliament and sort out these perverts and bring back some decency and national pride to the country. UKIP!

There are many pedofiles and child fiddlers in the BBC and UK media and British Top of the Pops Jimmy Saville and the Leader of the Pack Gary Glitter as well as priests

There are many paedophiles in the entertainment industry in the UK this is true. The MSN are quite happy to throw their names in to keep the Sun and Daily Mail readers happy, just as long as the real criminals are kept out of the frame. Politicians, including a few cabinet ministers in the Thatcher government in the 80s were up to their necks in it. The establishment in the UK are desperate to confine this to the BBC. Do not forget that Jimmy Sa-Vile spent eleven New Years in a row at Chequers with the Thatchers. Anyone who wishes to educate themselves as to what the real scandal is should google, 'Elm Guest House' Barnes, London. This scandal goes to the top of British society, including Buckingham Palace. This is not going to go away, no matter how hard the establishment try to sweep it under the carpet. Savile was a monster, who was protected by some very powerful people in the British establishment for the best part of 50 years, including a Prime Minister. Also worth checking out" La Haute De Gaurenne' childrens home in Jersey CI, many kids from there were given a 'Day out' on a yacht named 'Morning Cloud', (popularly known by the security detail as "Morning Sickness"), many witnesses are on record saying these kids would go on board in the morning in a state of excitement and disembark in the evening in a state of numbed shock. Remember, these kids were in a childrens home where the regime was really harsh, no Mum and Dad to look out for them. More than a few have disappeared without trace. Nobody should kid themselves that the ongoing Savile Enquiry, (Operation Yewtree), is just about snaring a few 'celebrity' perverts. It goes far deeper than that. Jimmy Savile is on record as saying that he had the police in his pocket, on at least three occasions over the past 50 years detectives who had a cast iron case against Savile, on one occasion after a 2 year investigation, with a file several inches thick, having him 'Bang to rights', were given orders from 'Upstairs', not to proceed because it "Wasn't in the public interest" Absolutely shameful.

There will be a zillion guys from the sixties who will be sweating now if they have money. The sixties was a great time for boys and girls. I was there. smile.png

u were not there ..it has been scientifically proven that if u remember the sixties u were not really there ...as for rolfie ...tie me kangaroo down sport ....oh my god the poor kanga .....

...and another one. Jimmy Tarbuck has been arrested.

If they start looking at the 1960's there will be carnage. w00t.gif

Perhaps we'd better start speculating as to who doesn't get arrested. Cliff Richard?

The 'bachelor boy' is one of the names on the guest list for the regular Friday night 'Parties' at the Elm guest house in London in the 70s and 80s, alongside many of the great and good of the British establishment. Young boys from childrens homes were supplied for the 'entertainment'. He has been keeping his head down in New Zealand for months since this scandal broke, i wonder if he will sneak back in for Wimbledon next month, he is normally a permanent fixture there every year!

• Like 1

I don't see how an employer can police their employees. It is simply not the position of the employer to judge people, that is the responsibility of the courts. If I was suspected of an offence then I would expect my employer to judge me as innocent until proven guilty. The only time it should affect employment is once the crime has been confirmed and sentencing has been past. Then it is up to the employer to act.

Having read the list of assaults I think that the court would have a hard time giving jail time for most of them. Sexual offenders list, community service, tagging, but not a jail sentence. Then I noticed the rape. This one could tip the balance. Question is what kind of evidence is there now to go on and how sure can the jury be in this situation.

However, the damage is done and everything he has worked for in his life is now shattered. His legacy no longer exists and his country no longer loves him. Whatever the sentencing he is destroyed.

Is it a coincidence so many come from the BBC, maybe the employer should be investigated. He's pleaded guilty, that should be enough evidence for the jury. If you think a court would have a hard time giving jail time to someone who sexually assaults a nine year old girl, you need a thorough examination of your morals.

Unfortunately, and not pleasant to do, you need to read the details. The assault on the nine year old would be described as sexual assault and not rape. There is a good chance that, in a situation where this was a one off, that a person facing this charge alone would receive a minimal sentence and registration on the sex offenders register.

I would not find it hard to give Stuart Hall time for this, but I am not a judge.

Perhaps we'd better start speculating as to who doesn't get arrested. Cliff Richard?

The 'bachelor boy' is one of the names on the guest list for the regular Friday night 'Parties' at the Elm guest house in London in the 70s and 80s, alongside many of the great and good of the British establishment. Young boys from childrens homes were supplied for the 'entertainment'. He has been keeping his head down in New Zealand for months since this scandal broke, i wonder if he will sneak back in for Wimbledon next month, he is normally a permanent fixture there every year!

I can see now how Jimmy Saville was so confident he was untouchable seeing as he may well have been privy to who was on the 'A' list of abusers and relied on mutually assured destruction maintaining the silence.

Google the right words, you'll get an hit or 3

Coming to think of it.

Once in every lifetime

comes a love like this.

I need you and you need me.

Oh my darling can't you see.

Young dreams

Should be dreamed together,

Young hearts shouldn't be afraid.

And some day when the years have flown

Darling, this will teach the young ones of our own.