Ba/ Thai/ Eva Which One Would You Choose?

CharlieH

Looking to get 2 singles bkk -Lhr the 3 named are all within 50 quid of each other, which one would you recommend. ?

All direct flights, dont want any stops this time after nightmare last trip courtesy of Etihad.

Going to get the lhr-bkk- Lhr returns when we leave ready for next year as it seems alot cheaper purchasing in Europe.

Edited by CharlieH

On Airlinequality Thai gets the best reviews, then BA then Eva, and that seems to apply to nearly all categories but especially the ones that matter like seat comfort, food etc. Even so, the best flight for me would be on the plane with the least number of people on it.

You dont give your dates but I saw single tickets BKK/LHR with SriLanka in May/June for GBP275. The saving might make the extra few hours more acceptable. There may even be a possibility of a proper stopover if you arent in a hurry.

Thai / Eva and never BA.

I'd rather fly Singapore, Cathay than get on a BA flight.

Thai will now have refurbished planes with AVOD.

Eva very good but prices risen in recent times and although they were

My number 1 after 7/8/9 hrs flying the planes start to stink a bit. Don't know what it is but unpleasant.

So if Thai are the same price'ish I'll fly them again now they have AVOD,

• Like 1

Have flown with EVA for the last 6 years in all of their classes and never had any issues with them.

Their Laurel service is not as good as BA's equivalent but normally is cheaper.

Always been on time which is an important factor for me.

Economy on Thai is pretty good. Not sure which planes used to LHR, but to Brussels they fly new (or refurbished) 777's (300 or 300ER). Pretty comfy as far as cattle class goes and good inflight entertainment system...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Did not enjoy cattle class on BA and also the very early hour flight, but good to get into the UK in the early morning.

If you don't mind paying a bit extra and a lot less than those mentioned, why not try srilankan, but business class, which can be around

60000baht RTN.

Totally depends on which class.

Eco - Thai

Eco+ Eva

Biz - BA

First - Thai

Full agree but may change when EVA get their fully flat Business seats on the LHR route.

Edited by RabC

Whichever is cheapest and has the schedule that most conveniently meets your needs. Compiling lists of marginal percieved differences between airlines is for sad geeks with nothing better to do with their time (like me!). Dont go there.

• Like 1

Can't comment on the others, but I always fly Eva Premium Laurel. I like the early afternoon departure (13:50) rather than some 00:05 flight.

As someone else has already posted, they are introducing lie flat beds this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce another class for this...maybe FirstClass

Whichever is cheapest and has the schedule that most conveniently meets your needs. Compiling lists of marginal percieved differences between airlines is for sad geeks with nothing better to do with their time (like me!). Dont go there.

I much prefer the pretty colours of the Thai planes laugh.png

• Like 1

Can't comment on the others, but I always fly Eva Premium Laurel. I like the early afternoon departure (13:50) rather than some 00:05 flight.

As someone else has already posted, they are introducing lie flat beds this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they introduce another class for this...maybe FirstClass

Check their web site, it is not a new class of service, just new cabin layout with flat beds. I wouldn't be surprised if their prices go up to reflect this though. Maybe one of our American cousins have used the new seats as they are already operational Trans Pacific.

I can't see much advantage in using the new Eva business class even with flat beds.

I prefer a stopover in Qatar and a hot shower before the second leg.

But...that's just me.

And why you just booked with KLM ...??

I can't see much advantage in using the new Eva business class even with flat beds.

But...that's just me.

Qatar are expensive now....same most of the other Middle East carriers.

KLM was dirt cheap so I booked it. Good to try out different airlines from time to time...

Thai / Eva and never BA.

I'd rather fly Singapore, Cathay than get on a BA flight.

Thai will now have refurbished planes with AVOD.

Eva very good but prices risen in recent times and although they were

My number 1 after 7/8/9 hrs flying the planes start to stink a bit. Don't know what it is but unpleasant.

So if Thai are the same price'ish I'll fly them again now they have AVOD,

True that. Singapore air are simply fantastic. BA are awful. Never again will I fly with them. I'd rather pay the extra and fly Singapore air.

Eva would be my choice, particualry if flying Economy or Economy Plus.

Just flown back with EVA on Elite Class, was pretty comfortable.

I'm not sure what Thai is like now on the LHR route, previosuly economy had no proper inflight entertainment so gave that a miss - the Biz class though is good.

I would avoid BA like the plague.

Direct Flights in order to London

EVA

THAI

QANTAS

BA

But...that's just me.

KLM was dirt cheap so I booked it. Good to try out different airlines from time to time...

It's dirt cheap for a reason as well - only once have I flown with them BRS-AMS-BKK. I tried it the once, as I didn't want to go through London, so used a "local" airport.

Never again.

I'm not sure what Thai is like now on the LHR route, previosuly economy had no proper inflight entertainment so gave that a miss - the Biz class though is good.

EVA

THAI

QANTAS

BA

You'll have a few problems finding a QANTAS flight to London now

EVA

THAI

QANTAS

BA

You'll have a few problems finding a QANTAS flight to London now

Don't they still do code shares with BA?

Either way, I wouldn't use them anyhow , I would rather go via Sin or through the middle east.

Edited by mrtoad

But...that's just me.

It's dirt cheap for a reason as well - only once have I flown with them BRS-AMS-BKK. I tried it the once, as I didn't want to go through London, so used a "local" airport.

Never again.

To be fair I got the whole thing EDI-AMS-BKK for £480....even if I upgrade to the bigger legroom both ways its a good deal.

I couldn't find a decent biz class carrier for under £1800 and I simply am not paying that much.

£1500 tops.