Water In Huai Yai

IsleOfSoda

We just moved into Huai Yai, about 6 km from Jomtien. We do not have regular water for about a week now. Our neighbours tells us this has never happened before. Does anyone know what the problem is? Is there any malfunction on the local equipment, or is the water just finished everywhere because of Song Krang, or is it just to many people living in the area now?

If the problem is "regular" i will consider purchase a 1000 liter watertank, but else not.

These are the joys of living in a third world country, where despite billions of baht beibg spent elsewhere the powrs that be cannot supply water to their own residents, compound this with the "accept anything mentality" and you have the ideal society.

Get a borehole if you can, i did and opted out of the "will I wont I" get water today.

These are the joys of living in a third world country, where despite billions of baht beibg spent elsewhere the powrs that be cannot supply water to their own residents, compound this with the "accept anything mentality" and you have the ideal society.

Get a borehole if you can, i did and opted out of the "will I wont I" get water today.

What what...water...who needs that, we've got other priorities like adding a lane to beach road to dump more dollar a day group tourists from China and India onto the beach!

• Like 1

If the problem is "regular" i will consider purchase a 1000 liter watertank, but else not.

Your in Thailand now, assume that is it going to be a regular occurrence, and get a external water tank. Unless you are really limited in space get a 1,500 liter above ground tank. The extra 500 liters will not cost that much and you will be glad later on

Until your electric goes off for a daywink.png

• Like 2

Your in Thailand now, assume that is it going to be a regular occurrence, and get a external water tank. Unless you are really limited in space get a 1,500 liter above ground tank. The extra 500 liters will not cost that much and you will be glad later on

I got an extra 1,500L tank and it's been a huge help. It's a regular thing here, not having water for a few days. I live near the Ambassador and our water supply is from Sattahip. They haven't upgraded their facilities in years and are struggling to deal with the increase in usage. Luckily, unless it's out for 3-4 days, we don't even notice it.

Now electric...that's another story. Lots of day long blackouts last year, but only 1 so far this year. Fingers crossed....wai2.gif

I got an extra 1,500L tank and it's been a huge help. It's a regular thing here, not having water for a few days. I live near the Ambassador and our water supply is from Sattahip. They haven't upgraded their facilities in years and are struggling to deal with the increase in usage. Luckily, unless it's out for 3-4 days, we don't even notice it.

Now electric...that's another story. Lots of day long blackouts last year, but only 1 so far this year. Fingers crossed....wai2.gif

Are you sure your water is from Sattahip ? I am in Na Jomtien, close to the Bang Saray border and even though my electric is from Sattahip, my water is from the Pattaya Water Company (or at least that is where I signed up for both temporary and permanent water)

Isn't the overall organization PWA (Provencial Waterworks Authority)? That covers all of Thailand. That's the bill I get every month, local office is in Bamlamung. I just saw this:

http://www.eastwater.co.th/en/EWGBusiness/CoreBusiness/RawWaterPipeArea.aspx

Shows the water sources for us here. I think Eastern Water is the main supplier of water here, with Universal Utilities under them. A bit confusing, but as you can see from the map above, water for this area comes from a variety of reservoirs.

I think down here we get our water from a different water pipe than Pattaya???? That distribution map would explain why some places have problems and others don't????

• Like 1

I have asked around a bit about the water. Today the pipeline is working again but the answer to why it was a 10 day stop was vague. Probably this is the Thai-style. It was hard to get an answer, of the body language when people answered my GF i got the impression they could not believe such a stupid question could be asked. If the water don't work then there is no water and that is all that matters, lol.

The best guess we got was there is some road-construction work that needed to cut the water. If thats true then perhaps it works like this:

(1) Cut the water and remove the old pipe.
(2) Fix the road
(3) Install a new pipe.

When it also could be fixed like this:

(1) Install a new pipe.

(2) Cut the water and remove the old pipe.

(3) Fix the road

But what do i know...

Tanks are a must ! Loss of mains water is not that unusual for us in Jomtien happened at least 4 times this year already. we notice very quickly as our tanks soon get used as there are 20 units drawing off them

One time the excuse given us was a damaged mains pipe in Sattahip so maybe some of Pattaya's water comes from there.

Our property in Huay Yai doesn't have mains water, ours is purchased from a local farmer although we have well water for non drinking use.

Until your electric goes off for a daywink.png

No worries if you install your storage tank at the right level smile.png

Tanks are a must ! Loss of mains water is not that unusual for us in Jomtien happened at least 4 times this year already. we notice very quickly as our tanks soon get used as there are 20 units drawing off them

It depends hugely on where you are. In my Jomtien condo over the past two years, apart from very brief interruptions due to storms, the only electricity problem we had was one day when the transformer blew up (and it went with a bang fit to wake the dead). But a replacement was up and running just a few hours later. As for water, the only times this has ever run out is when the pump has cut out, and it has always been back on within the hour once whoever is in charge woke up and pushed the reset button.

So all in all I would say my utility supplies are much more reliable here than they were back in Europe.