Pattaya Band Forming..

btlion

Hi - are there any musos out there who would like to join a band? I play guitar and sing and play bass in extreme circumstances! ;-), idealy need a drummer, bass player and one other instrument, anything considered. Vocals of some sort an asset. If you're interested, please contact Brian reply on here.

Edited by Rimmer
Best not to put your phone number on here use PM system

There are plenty of farangs in Pattaya with a wide variety of musical interests, but the problem is always that if you attempt to play in public, even for free, you'll get in trouble with the work permit police. It's a real shame, because Pattaya could have a lively foreign music scene if they'd just lighten up on the rules.

There is already an open subject on this that was just started last week I believe. Also it might help if you tell what kind of music you want to play, where you want to do this etc.

Edited by Gone

Poof - yes I know there is; I responded to it but did not receive a reply. The song list, in my experience, will work itself out by common likes and abilities. Personally, I am into pretty much everything, within my capabilities. I have played many of the venues in Pattaya, starting with Leo`s. There are quite a few places one can play without hassle.

Spalpeen - that`s right. But to be optimistic, I think only 2 falangs have been pulled by the Bill in the last 3 years and I think that was partly because they were stronging it and might have upset the Thai band. What's the alternative? If you`ve been playing most of your life, you can't just roll over and die. There are also a few falang bands who play locally and seem not to get themselves arrested.

Poof, Gone same same haha. I play Bluegrass mostly but of course all the classics (Dylan, Petty, Niel Young, Clapton) etc. I also sing. I don't have the room at my place to set up a band but let us know where you intend to jam and I would come by for sure. I also just had a Gut-Bucket Bass brung here from Canada

Gone - thanks for the reply. I take it you play bass; excuse me, but what's a gut-bucket bass? Sure; do you want to meet and have a chat first? Also do you know any drummers? As soon as a drummer appears, I suggest we go down to Surya studios and have a play. If you want to go and play a bar etc. somewhere, we need about 6 numbers; I know that at Leo's you only get 4...

Raro rocks. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

hahaha Raro plays Niel Young at warp speed !!!!!!! (but ok he does rock) hahah

Raro rocks. Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Especially when being taken by limo to his gig!! 5555

Or by ambulance to the hospital after an accident. Rocks in the legs maybe?

You all wash your mouth with soap.

Joking about admins...next time at Leo's I strap you to a chair in front of my amp...

B)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

You all wash your mouth with soap. Joking about admins...next time at Leo's I strap you to a chair in front of my amp... cool.png Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OMG !!!!!! Now THAT is punishment in the worst way.