Parking At Meechok Plaza

brommers

For at least the next three months the already challenging parking situation at Meechok Plaza is going to be even more difficult. About 40% of the parking behind Rimping was blocked off yesterday to allow for the building of a five level parade.

The Monday and Tuesday evening market causes a serious problem in the car park as well as on the road. This new construction is likely to make a seriously difficult parking situation untenable. Let's hope that the traffic police are going to be on hand to prevent the probable interference with the traffic flow at Ruamchok interchange.

Hopefully the additional extra space in the new parkade will meet the growing demand.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

For all you who speak English, American or some other version of the language a parkade is a Canadian term for a muti-level parking structure (according to Free Dictionary by Farlex) but then again it might just be another one of the Canadian's plots to confuse the rest of us all - aye!

If you can believe the parking police where in the front of the back lot today directing traffic to back-up into the oncoming cars after they led them into the dead end, this might not be pretty boys!

• Like 1

If you are driving along the ring road to Rimping, RuamChok entrance is the one before Rimping.

As I said before, plenty of parking at RuamChok.

thought ruamchock,and meechock,the same place just got two names for it????????

If you are driving along the ring road to Rimping, RuamChok entrance is the one before Rimping.

As I said before, plenty of parking at RuamChok.

thought ruamchock,and meechock,the same place just got two names for it????????

Nope, two shopping areas

Meechok Plaza on the corner, RuamChok across the corner behind Meechok.

Rimping and McD in Meechok

MeeMees and the M/c market and the veggie market at Ruamchok

They've now got a great one way system going on in the carpark, whereby you follow the arrow in and drive straight into cars that are following the arrow out. If only their planning was as 'sophisticated' as their in-store music.

For all you who speak English, American or some other version of the language a parkade is a Canadian term for a muti-level parking structure (according to Free Dictionary by Farlex) but then again it might just be another one of the Canadian's plots to confuse the rest of us all - aye!

If you can believe the parking police where in the front of the back lot today directing traffic to back-up into the oncoming cars after they led them into the dead end, this might not be pretty boys!

I grew up in Canada, and I know a multi-level place to park cars is called a parking garage. I have never heard of the term parkade before referring to a place to park a car.

If you can believe the parking police where in the front of the back lot today directing traffic to back-up into the oncoming cars after they led them into the dead end, this might not be pretty boys![/img]
I grew up in Canada, and I know a multi-level place to park cars is called a parking garage. I have never heard of the term parkade before referring to a place to park a car.

You doubting my Canadianish upbringing?? Well I never heard of it either until I looked it up after reading this topic (I do list my sources). Maybe it's a Saskatchewan thing or something wink.png Edited by junglechef

Soon, you will be able to park at Tesco and walk across the road.

or shop at Tesco thumbsup.gif

You mean Tesco's are building there?

Yes, new Tesco's superstore opposite Meechock Plaza being built, 80% finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking with my friend today who owns a shop in Meechok Plaza. He told me that business owners were just notified that the 6 level parking lot will take one year to complete construction; not 3 months as posted by the OP. Once the queue of cement trucks begins arriving it will be absolutely impossible to even get in there for many months to come. Better shop elsewhere or get a friend/loved one to drop you off and call them when ready to be picked up.

I was talking with my friend today who owns a shop in Meechok Plaza. He told me that business owners were just notified that the 6 level parking lot will take one year to complete construction; not 3 months as posted by the OP. Once the queue of cement trucks begins arriving it will be absolutely impossible to even get in there for many months to come. Better shop elsewhere or get a friend/loved one to drop you off and call them when ready to be picked up.

Surely the tradesmen's entrance for deliveries of concrete is at the western end of the site on the ring road that's closed now. No need to drive through the customer's car park. oops, sorry TiT.....

Edited by MESmith

One must deal with advances in Western consumer culture, after all! saai.gif

This thread and others focusing on the concerns of immigrants (or, more correctly, non-immigrants) to Thailand makes one wonder if people understand who they are, where they come from, and where they are --- which is changing.

Think about it!

They've now got a great one way system going on in the carpark, whereby you follow the arrow in and drive straight into cars that are following the arrow out. If only their planning was as 'sophisticated' as their in-store music.

Actually, Rim Ping is not the landlord. It's a tenant..

This thread and others focusing on the concerns of immigrants (or, more correctly, non-immigrants) to Thailand makes one wonder if people understand who they are, where they come from, and where they are --- which is changing.

Think about it!

Thinking that a business should be concerned with their customers whomever they are, wherever they are from and well ... ok we all know where we are

I did a cursory search on Google and I noticed that there were canadian eferences to Parkades but that they all came from Western Canada. So maybe it's a regional thing. Australia also uses the word. I think that may be due the the land bridge that used to connect Canada to Australia. Or was it a land tunnel?

• Like 1

Thanks for the clarification (but I was only having a little fun w/my friend Shep).

parkade [ˈpɑːkeɪd]

n (Engineering / Automotive Engineering) Canadian a building used as a car park

And this is from the AMERICAN Heritage Dictionary