What Android Phone Would You Recommend For 4000 Bht

Hi guys

I am looking to buy a mobile phone for the missus for around 4000 bht. So far I have seen the Nokia Asha 306 and the Motorola XT535 Defy XT which I prefer as it has the android operating system which I am familiar with. But before I commit I was hoping for a few more suggestions to look at from those who are in the know

Your opinions are most appreciated

JAF

there aren't a lot of options.

Try Samsung Galaxy Pocket and Galaxy Young.

Thanks but I forgot to mention I was looking for something with more screen space as my wife wants to use it to access the internet
I don't see a solution then, apart from buying an Iphone 3 or some chinese phone.

Or... just spend more money.

Edited by manarak

Huawei Ideos X3 --

Motorola Motosmart--

Huawei Ascend Y201 Pro--

Sony Ericsson Xperia tipo---

These smartphones should be in the prize range you mentioned.

Most disadvantage compared with real i-phones:

all have much lower screen resolution (screen) (320 x 480)

and the camera is not that good.

(and of course the main processor is slower...)

But still ok especially for this prize (all (?) have GPS, WLAN

Edited by dieter1

Don't forget the local made IQ phones, Lotus have i-Mobile shops.

I have a IQ4 and I find it extremely good value for the 8500 baht, runs JB 4.1.1

I am also thinking about buying a smaller/cheaper IQ phone for my wife.

This model LG has been great. Was only 150dollars in Australia outright. Never was a fan of them before but great phone and good size screen.

Sent from my LG-E612 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I mobile for sure. They are great

Got to agree, I've just bought an IQ X and am very pleased with it. The IQ Style range should all be in your price range and all have larger screens for using the internet.

I would look at an I-mobile Q4 if I were you. 4500b can buy at your local tesco lotus.

I got one for my gf to replace a Samsung. All good.

Decent 4" screen. Good battery etc.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

I like the look of the imobile iq4 for under 5000 bht but maybe I will look further afield towards companies like Pandawill in China because they offer bigger screens, more processing power and more memory for the money.

Many thanks for all the suggestion so far

JAF

I like the look of the imobile iq4 for under 5000 bht but maybe I will look further afield towards companies like Pandawill in China because they offer bigger screens, more processing power and more memory for the money.  

JAF

Q4 NOT IQ4. W different phones .. don't forget Pandawill also offer .... no warranty :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

JAF

The i mobile comes with a 2 year warranty. It would be hard to get a warranty on a chinese phone

JAF

The i mobile comes with a 2 year warranty. It would be hard to get a warranty on a chinese phone
Does it? I thought it was 1 year as per Thai trading law.

JAF

Does it? I thought it was 1 year as per Thai trading law.

I could be wrong. For some reason I thought it was 2

Don't buy your wife a cheap chinese cell phone. You can get a Samsung Galaxy for your budget.

I bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy Y(oung) a couple of months ago and she is very happy with it. Can play games, use facebook, watch youtube etc.

There was a promotion at the time, and it came with a lovely floral design at around 3500 baht. There were other similar models around the same price also.

Don't buy your wife a cheap chinese cell phone. You can get a Samsung Galaxy for your budget.

I bought my daughter a Samsung Galaxy Y(oung) a couple of months ago and she is very happy with it. Can play games, use facebook, watch youtube etc.

There was a promotion at the time, and it came with a lovely floral design at around 3500 baht. There were other similar models around the same price also.

So a cheap Korean phone instead :D

The phone I was thinking about buying was this one

http://www.pandawill.com/hero-v6888-smart-phone-android-40-mtk6577-dual-core-3g-gps-47-inch-ips-screen-black-p74583.html?p=3

With a 16gb card and case that would come to 3200 bht including delivery and 1 yr warranty. I don't know if any of the thai or Samsung offerings can compete.

JAF

• Like 1

I just bought a i-mobile i-style 7.1 for my wife today for 3990 baht.

4" screen, 2 simcard slots, up to 32gb mini sd card, Wi-Fi, gps and the list goes on.

The phone fells very nice to operate.

Where did you buy it from as I would be interested in taking a look at it

JAF

http://www.pandawill.com/hero-v6888-smart-phone-android-40-mtk6577-dual-core-3g-gps-47-inch-ips-screen-black-p74583.html?p=3

With a 16gb card and case that would come to 3200 bht including delivery and 1 yr warranty.  I don't know if any of the thai or Samsung offerings can compete.

JAF

You want to give THAT to your gf.... it weighs 180g.

It's a monster.

Looking at the specifications. Other than screen size. Pretty much any of the I-mobile compares. And are lighter:D

Also you do not have to worry about import duty or posting it back to China to be fixed.

I just bought a i-mobile i-style 7.1 for my wife today for 3990 baht.

4" screen, 2 simcard slots, up to 32gb mini sd card, Wi-Fi, gps and the list goes on.

The phone fells very nice to operate.

Where did you buy it from as I would be interested in taking a look at it

JAF

Lotus North Pattaya Rd.

With a 16gb card and case that would come to 3200 bht including delivery and 1 yr warranty. I don't know if any of the thai or Samsung offerings can compete.

JAF

It's a monster.

Looking at the specifications. Other than screen size. Pretty much any of the I-mobile compares. And are lighter:D

Also you do not have to worry about import duty or posting it back to China to be fixed.

My wife is trusting me to choose a decent phone for her and her only proviso is size as she thinks a small screen will make it harder for her to focus on.

It's size that matters and she thinks that the extra .7 of an inch makes all the difference to herwhistling.gif

JAF

JAF

It's a monster.

My wife is trusting me to choose a decent phone for her and her only proviso is size as she thinks a small screen will make it harder for her to focus on.

It's size that matters and she thinks that the extra .7 of an inch makes all the difference to herwhistling.gif

JAF

In that case take her into Tesco Lotus.. most have the phones on display so you can hold and handle them.. 180g is HEAVY,HEAVY. ALSO if she has small hands then 4" may be optimal.

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Y (young?) for about 3200.

Works fine for reading email and mobile internet browser.

Probably wouldn't want to use it for anything that involved much typing though as the keypad is pretty small (i just read emails on it, don't reply)

Can't really play any games on it much.

JAF

It's a monster.

JAF

I-mobile i-style Q5 (A) has a 4.5 inch screen. http://product.i-mobilephone.com/1153_%E0%B9%82%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A3%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%97%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%A1%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%96%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD-i-mobile-i-style-q5-a

How much difference will 0.2 inch make?whistling.gif